• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Are there any games you are really looking forward to?

Okay, allow me to SCREAM because I have ✨ so many✨ games I'm excited for, but I'll narrow it down to a few.

Venba. 🪔 🍳 🌶 🍛 Narrative cooking adventure where you play as an Tamil (Indian) mother who immigrates to Canada with her husband and son in the 1980s. She's lost her recipe book, so you have to restore the lost recipes through cooking various South Indian dishes! It explores themes of loss, love, belonging, and all of that good stuff. I’m South Indian and my parents immigrated to the US in the 90s, so the existence of this game means a lot to me. (Also, I was a big Cooking Mama fan back in the day.) The art style is incredible and the soundtrack is inspired by music from the developers’ childhoods. Also, you get to make dosas. Say no more. It comes out in July!!!

Moonstone Island. 🌙 👻 🧹 💎 Creature-collecting life-sim set in an open world where you explore hundreds of islands, brew potions, collect spirits, and uncover the dark secret of Moonstone Island. Procedurally generated islands. BROOM TRAVEL. Dungeon exploration requiring careful crafting of items and vehicles to traverse dangerous wilderness. FARMING. Friendship and romance options. Cute spirits to collect. And a traveling shop that runs around on CHICKEN LEGS!!! The detail-oriented pixel art style alone was enough to grab my attention, but I’m really hyped for this one. Also, there’s a free demo!

Grave Seasons. 🌾 🍎 🚜 🔪Stardew Valley, except one of the townsfolk is a serial killer. It's randomized each time. And alongside growing crops, fishing, and romancing local cuties, you need to figure out who's viciously slaughtering your fellow villagers. (Hopefully you're not romancing the serial killer.) It's so unhinged and I am here for it.

Haunted Chocolatier. 🍫 👻 🍩 ⚔️ ConcernedApe’s (aka Eric Barone, aka the developer of Stardew Valley) latest in-development game. An upcoming confectionery store simulation game with a spooky twist. He describes the core gameplay loop as "gathering ingredients, making chocolate, and running a chocolate shop" with a greater focus on combat. There is so very little we know about this game, but if there’s anything we’ve learned from the incredible depth and love poured into Stardew Valley, it’s that this man puts his entire SOUL into his games. Also, I like spooky things and I like games based around baking and business, so, like… this is everything. It probably won’t come out for years but I’ll be frothing at the mouth when it does.

Honorable mentions:
  • Mineko’s Night Market 🐈 (celebrates Japanese culture while introducing a heartwarming story about friendship, tradition, and many, many cats)
  • Traveller’s Rest 🍻 (tavern management game where you can brew your own beer, run a farm, and build relationships)
  • Lakeburg Legacies 💌 (social village management sim focused on pairing up your townsfolk to make the most effective couples)
  • Fashion Dreamer 👗 (Style Savvy-esque fashion game with gorgeous graphics; I need more evidence of solid gameplay to be truly hyped though)
  • Paralives 🏠 (Sims-like with an absolutely gorgeous artstyle; nooooo idea when it'll actually come out through)
  • FANTASY LIFE i: The Girl Who Steals Time ⏰ (sequel to the incredible 3DS adventure/cooking/crafting RPG Fantasy Life; would be its own entry, but has introduced a dubious 3D artstyle and questionable terraforming ability that makes me... sus)
Can you tell I love video games? :p

Probably Detective Pikachu 2. I played the first and really liked it. I thought they forgot about the game and abandoned it since so many years had went by without news after the cliffhanger it was left on. I like that the game delves deeper in the Pokemon world and isn't just focused on the tournament/fighting aspect like all the other Pokemon games are. It was neat seeing Pokemon living with the people and having jobs and the such and not just being used to fight.

Grave Seasons. 🌾 🍎 🚜 🔪Stardew Valley, except one of the townsfolk is a serial killer. It's randomized each time. And alongside growing crops, fishing, and romancing local cuties, you need to figure out who's viciously slaughtering your fellow villagers. (Hopefully you're not romancing the serial killer.) It's so unhinged and I am here for it.
lol I never even heard of this game. This sounds really strange, but interesting. I have to look it up.

The Suikoden 2 remaster. Pleeeease I want a release date!

Oh my gosh, it’s just Hades 2 right now, huh? There’s a couple more I’m waiting to be announced like a new AC game, and whatever the Pizza Tower guy and MDHR make next, but that’s it for announced games!

If there are new Splatoon and AC games in the works, then I'm thrilled!

I've been keeping an eye on Fields of Mistria's development for a long time, so I'm very much looking forward to that.

Also excited for Little Nightmares 3 and the next chapter(s) of Deltarune.

To me is still Fantasy Life i: The Girl Who Steals Time, Kingdom Hearts IV, Decapolice...
now recently added, Ace Attorney 2ND Trilogy and Tales of Arise Beyond the Dawn Expansion DLC

3 of them we don't have the release yet, fantasy life and decapolice, Level-5 says is this year 2023, but I think will end up being delayed, it's just weird that there is still no news about the release date despite 2023 being close to an end...

Attachments

• F6JSGzZbcAAGvp7.jpg
    F6JSGzZbcAAGvp7.jpg
    830.5 KB · Views: 2
  • Kingdom-Hearts-4-Announcement (1).jpg
    Kingdom-Hearts-4-Announcement (1).jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 3
  • hq720.jpg
    hq720.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 2
  • capsule_616x353 (4).jpg
    capsule_616x353 (4).jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 2
  • talesbeyond-1694734006624.jpg
    talesbeyond-1694734006624.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 3
Right now, Alan Wake 2 is my most wanted game...and I still never bought MK1, so that also...even though it's out.

Currently looking forward to these upcoming releases for the remainder of 2023:

• Fantasy Life i: The Girl Who Steals Time (which will likely be delayed to 2024, unfortunately)
  • Fashion Dreamer
  • Ooblets on Steam (Octoher 5! I never thought I'd see this release on Steam)
  • Super Mario RPG
There are some others I have my eye on (e.g.: Cuisineer,) but wouldn't consider them to be games I'm really looking forward to.

Alan Wake 2 is definitely the game I’ve been looking forward to the most this year. Can’t wait to play it on the 27th. Loved the first game and Control. Great lore and soundtracks

Back