• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Zelda Happy 35th Anniversary to The Legend of Zelda series!

Matt0106

Dawn of a New Day
Bells
Switch
2774-4281-4324
Yellow Crescent Moon
Blue Crescent Moon
International Space Cetacean Star Fragment
Blue Crescent Moon
Yellow Crescent Moon
White Star Fragment
Yellow Star Fragment
Shooting Star
Yellow Star Fragment
White Star Fragment
Today, February 21st, is the 35th anniversary since the release of the original Legend of Zelda game on NES back in 1986. 35 FREAKING YEARS. That's insane!

The Zelda series has been a special series to me ever since I got into Ocarina of Time on 3DS back in 2011. The game really led me down a spiral of playing so many amazing from the series, from Majora's Mask to Twilight Princess to Breath of the Wild, and of course many others. The intimidation of playing new adventure games I was not familiar with was daunting but intriguing, and boy was it a good decision.

Breath of the Wild became my absolute favourite in the series, emphasizing vast exploration, which was what I was looking forward to the most since I didn't have the chance to play many open-world games for a while. I originally played it on Wii U but I of course had to double-dip on the Switch version; it was practically a necessity :) Planning on playing Master Mode soon in celebration.

I can't wait for Skyward Sword HD as well since I never played it (hoping to get the Zelda Joy-Cons as well)! I'm glad Nintendo is giving that game a second chance after the criticism it got. Although with that said, I hope Nintendo will give the series the anniversary celebration it deserves and I hope we see more Zelda content throughout the year (Can't wait to hear more about Breath of the Wild 2)!

So what about you? What are your favourite memories from The Legend of Zelda series? Anything you're hoping for or looking forward to this year? :D

Link to the Past was the first Zelda game I owned. First one I played was one of the Oracle games on GBC, but that was my cousins, so I didn’t play much of it.

LttP is still my favorite “traditional” Zelda game, along with Link Between Worlds on 3DS, wich is essentially a remix of LttP. I also love the DS titles, Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks, which seem to get the most hate out of all the Zelda games. I find them charming and accessible. Good games to get young ones into the series. And Linebeck is the best sidekick of the franchise<3 Love his character development in Phantom Hourglass.

BotW was an experience. I enjoyed it thoroughly. Though the story was mostly explained through flashbacks, I’m hopeful that BotW2 will be driven by a fantastic narrative, what many fans kinda felt was missing from BotW.

I’m not a hardcore Zelda fan, I haven’t played many games in the series, and don’t plan on picking up the $60 Wii port, Skyward Sword. But I’ve enjoyed all the Zelda games I’ve played and can’t wait to see where Nintendo takes the series next, starting with BotW2.

Oh gosh. The Legend of Zelda has been my favorite series for as long as I can remember. It all started with the original on the NES back in the 80's for me. It wasn't just a game, it was an adventure. I spent endless hours playing it as a kid, exploring every last corner of the map. There was a lot of great games back then but none had the same impact on me that Zelda had. If not for this game I probably wouldn't have gotten so invested in video games as I did.

Aside from the first game, some of my favorite memories are of me and my best friend playing on his broken Zelda II cartridge. That game would glitch out like crazy sometimes. Sometimes the movement would get all messed up like Link moving at hyper speed and other times you would get the wrong items in the dungeons, like getting the raft in the first dungeon instead of the third.

Another great memory is Ocarina of Time and how everyone hyped that game up through the roof. I remember the crazy review; 100/100 in every category! I still absolutely love the game but it's kind funny to look back on all this stuff now. I've never seen a game being pushed that hard since. Those where special times.

I honestly don't think Nintendo will make such a big deal of this anniversary. Mario is pretty much the face of Nintendo so it makes more sense to do those anniversaries. Whatever they do is fine by me. Even if all we get this year is Skyward Sword HD. It's one of the few Zelda games I actually haven't played yet so I'm really looking forward to it! I have always had the intention to play it so I've been avoiding spoilers for 10 years now.

Happy birthday Legend of Zelda! It's been an amazing 35 years and I hope the next 35 will be just as good!

Wind Waker is best Zelda game. (don't tell anyone I haven't beaten it after 5 years of my HD account + 10 years of my GCN account just sitting around) It's not my favorite series (especially since I don't really enjoy most of the titles), but it's fun to pick it up again every once in a while.

Me and my sisters would watch my dad play Zelda all the time, ever since I can remember. I remember me and my siblings would always shout "B" when the button was needed to be used. We finally stopped watching him play so often when he gave up Skyward Sword because of the motion controls. (guess he'll have to start all over again with the remake lol)
Wind Waker probably the game that introduced me to gaming. Sure, I had played Mario Kart and Sonic Heroes, but that was a little later than when I first fell in love with Zelda just by sitting in a trashy trailer home and watching my dad stab a Chuchu 50 times.

The first Zelda game I actually sat down and tried to play was Ocarina of Time 3D. We have another port on Gamecube with the Collectors Edition, but I never really touched that version. I loved it.
then i gave up like i usually do because i got stuck in the middle of the game.

I should probably go play a Zelda game now. I'll try to finally beat one of the games because it's the 35th anniversary year. Happy birthday Zelda!!

I have to admit I've never played a 3D Zelda before BotW :LOL: Okay, I tried to play Majora's Mask but back then I hated 3D games. Also stopped playing the handheld ones after Minish Cap.

Lately I'm interested in changing that, so the Skyward Sword port is a good start I guess. Yeah, people complain about ports, but I wouldn't mind a few more.

BotW definitely tapped into my inclination to explore just for the sake of exploring, and it's funny how I enjoy doing the weirdest most random things in this game...like sitting on high buildings. XD I'm not even kidding that's one of my favorite things to do. (I should probably finish the gamebut I have one more Divine Beast to go and I HATE their tilting mechanics.)

My favorite games have to be the Oracle games and I'm hoping for remakes because they're fantastic and deserve attention, though I'd probably still prefer the originals.

I have to admit I've never played a 3D Zelda before BotW :LOL: Okay, I tried to play Majora's Mask but back then I hated 3D games. Also stopped playing the handheld ones after Minish Cap.

Lately I'm interested in changing that, so the Skyward Sword port is a good start I guess. Yeah, people complain about ports, but I wouldn't mind a few more.

BotW definitely tapped into my inclination to explore just for the sake of exploring, and it's funny how I enjoy doing the weirdest most random things in this game...like sitting on high buildings. XD I'm not even kidding that's one of my favorite things to do. (I should probably finish the gamebut I have one more Divine Beast to go and I HATE their tilting mechanics.)

My favorite games have to be the Oracle games and I'm hoping for remakes because they're fantastic and deserve attention, though I'd probably still prefer the originals.

I am the same with the ports! I really want them to port as many games as they like. Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask and DEFINITELY Twilight Princess and Wind Waker HD. There's no reason why the latter two can't be put on Switch. My one request would be for them to not make them too expensive 😅 I'm fine with a full price Skyward Sword since I never played, but I'm hoping that if they do bring these back at full price, that they will be in a collection like the Mario collection.

Ocarina of Time for the 3DS was the very first Zelda game that I started to play back in 2011. I remember when I visited a GameStop store and I saw the game on display with its shiny golden box-art, so I decided to give the game a try. After completing the challenging dungeons and listening to the beautiful soundtrack and defeating the enemies from the game, I quickly became a huge fan of the Zelda series. It was such a memorable experience being able to explore Hyrule for the first time in my life and learning about the story of the game. Once I finished off Ocarina of Time, I went to play other Zelda games which include Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword, Majora's Mask, and the rest of the lineup of games from the series. Out of all the Zelda games that I've played, I would choose Breath of the Wild as my most enjoyed Zelda game. Being able to freely roam around the massive field of Hyrule was truly adventurous and I loved every moment of the journey to save Hyrule from the clutches of Calamity Ganon. I'm most definitely looking forward to seeing what Breath of the Wild 2 will have in store for us. It's going to be exciting to play the upcoming game and I'm hoping to see at least a trailer or sneak peek of the game during this year's annual Nintendo presentation for E3. A giant Happy 35th Anniversary to the Zelda series for giving us the greatest adventures ever!

Back