• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Rune Factory 5 Announced for 2020

Blood Eclipse

𖤐 ♱ 𖤐
Bells
Island
Flick Halloweaster Egg
Moonlight Halloweaster Egg
Bloodshot Potion
Happy Ditto Easter Egg
Voodoo Doll
"Rune Factory 5 is an upcoming role-playing simulation video game being developed by Marvelous. The first entry in the Rune Factory series since 2012's Rune Factory 4, it is planned to be released for the Nintendo Switch in 2020.

Following the success of Rune Factory 4, series producer Yoshifumi Hashimoto commented that the development of a sequel was expected.However, after Rune Factory developer Neverland Co. declared bankruptcy in 2013, the future of the series was left uncertain.In 2014, Marvelous AQL stated that they had hired former Rune Factory developers, including Hashimoto, to develop Lord of Magna: Maiden Heaven. The game was announced during a Nintendo Direct in February 2019, and is planned to be released for the Nintendo Switch in 2020."
-Wikipedia

So I was looking up artwork for Rune Factory 4 and noticed this:
5ttj1wk68fg21.jpg

I thought "Well, I've never seen this one before" and I clicked on the image to enlarge it and when I saw Rune Factory 5 I was freaking out. First I thought it was a prank, since there have been rumors about a sequel to part 4 for years and I heard it wasn't going to happen due to bankruptcy, but then I saw the above Wikipedia article mention it's due date, I was extremely happy.

Rune Factory is one of my all time favorite video game franchises ever that I've played and I always recommend it to anyone who hasn't tried it yet. I played through a lot of 3DS games, and to be honest, most were pretty 'meh, fun in short burst, forgettable or the equivalent of a caffeine rush: once the rush is over, the game becomes repetitive and boring, but when I got ahold of Rune Factory 4 and played it for the first time, like with Pok?mon Mystery Dungeon EoT, I was instantly hooked and could not put it down for weeks. I had never experienced a game with so much content, so much dialogue, so many options and to top this cake of perfection off, a good story, too! I have so many fond memories of Rune Factory 4, even now, so this news made my day.

If Horizons didn't cement my need for a Switch, this game definitely has!

So, any other Rune Factory fans out there who've been following the franchise for a while and didn't know of a part 5 yet? c:

Another Rune Factory lover! The game has already been announced a while ago so I'm surprised there isn't a thread for it already. Next to AC, RF is my next fav series. I got into RF 4 years after it came out but I've seen gameplay of Frontier when I was a kid. After I finished 4 I started going back and playing Frontier to complete that until 5 comes to NA.

i'm so fRICKING EXCITED DUDE! rune factory was a game i thought would never see the light of day. and now, this happened! i'm definitely getting a switch now!

Back