• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Debunking Grass Ware Myths... Grass Doesn't ever truly die.

Status
Not open for further replies.
there is actually a lot of dead grass in those screenshots...
unless you just got super unlucky and got a map with a bunch of dead spots :/

Yes, alot of that is permanent dirt. But the point is, there is not a single sign of grass ware do to running and or walking. Not 1%

Yes, alot of that is permanent dirt. But the point is, there is not a single sign of grass ware do to running and or walking. Not 1%

did you watch the video that Forgotten posted?
It pretty much proves your theories wrong:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1D8vbv7pf8
And no it?s not "fake" which is OBVIOUS, but if you don?t believe it then pay attention to the marks he leaves on the dirt, that?s right you don?t leave marks on patterns.

Er, the one picture with the curving dirt around the lamp is obvious grass wear, same with the fountain picture with the huge dirt ring around it. Lol.

did you watch the video that Forgotten posted?
It pretty much proves your theories wrong:

That video makes no sense to me. I have yet to see this in any of my towns or friends towns..

Some people have bad luck... They get that bad of grass

I purposely ran in my towns just to prove my theories and there is no sign it killed grass.

That video makes no sense to me. I have yet to see this in any of my towns or friends towns..

I purposely ran in my towns just to prove my theories and there is no sign it killed grass.

Bad luck? I'd be sad if my grass never died... then I'd never get those beautiful natural paths. X_x

OK the Japanese town Looks like he Time Traveled. you time travel 1 month ahead and the grass grows back. HE ahs bed head to go along with my presumption.

At least three different people here in the forums have told you that they have dirt paths in their towns... They have even shared screenshots with you. If you pay close attention, you'll notice that some of those screenshots even have the foot prints. And if you look at the edges of the paths you'll notice that they're all abnormal/different. If it were a pattern, all edges would be exactly the same.

Just because *you* haven't seen them in your town or in your friend's towns doesn't mean that you've debunked anything.

One of the first things that you learn in Biology class is that when a scientist is performing an experiment (like a real experiment, not just some joke for biology class) they should perform several trials (not just one or two) to ensure that the results are accurate, reliable, and reproducible.

The thing is...how long have you been running on your grass? That's the thing to or not to prove whether or not your "theories" are correct.

How!? Just sit there and watch the video and see how paths and walking/running causes Grass deterioration.

traceguy, for the love of- You do not know as much as you think you do about these games.

Again, walking and running DOES deteriorate grass. If you don't have any grass deterioration, it means you have no walked/ran on that area enough times for the grass to deteriorate.

You're fighting a losing battle, may as well give up.

I've been playing the game since November. There is grass wear and villagers do affect it by walking around. It's not a real big issue though as if you don't play for a few days the grass will start to grow back really quickly. Running does cause grass wear but it takes weeks to actually show any effect.

Hot spot areas like around rocks, around the houses, near bridges, these areas will all wear down over time. Give 3 more weeks and you'll see the wear take effect.

my friend posted this picture on tumblr a while ago:
tumblr_mp6tcbJy7A1s2esj9o3_400.jpg
we're standing outside of my house and as you can see the grass wear is significant
I never built any community projects in that particular area, nor did any villagers ever live in that spot
also, notice that my grass wear isn't very neat, which proves that it isn't a pattern
it just caused by me constantly running over the same spot

before you tell me that I got unlucky and that this is a dead spot
let me show you a screenshot of what that area looks like now that Ive stopped running
HNI_0054.JPG

Umm you basically just said that grass erosion wasn't in this game.

Which is false because we have known that it was in this game all the way back when we were all watching the Japanese people play the game. Running kills grass, walking kills grass slower, patterns don't save the grass. And I'm pretty sure flowers do to help grass grow faster.

The only thing correct about this thread is the permanent dirt spots.

Just let him get a couple more weeks into the game and he'll come back and apologize for being a liar and a waste of time.

Let me just add some photos from the really bad grass deterioration done by walking and running.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back