• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Grass Deterioration Discussion

returnofsaturn

late-night meteorite
Bells
I think grass deterioration was a neat idea and could have worked had nintendo given us the option to regrow grass in certain areas or if grass would regrow if you did not play (or walk in certain areas as much). What are your opinions on it?

I really liked it. The paths created using patterns seemed really unnatural. I believe the reason “the path” is so popular is how natural it looks. I appreciate a natural look for towns.

I like the idea but I don’t think it was great in practice. It didn’t seem very relevant in NL, but maybe it’s because the color blended in more, plus my own town layout. In CF, it’s way way too much. I feel like you would start seeing it happen after a few days and that it would rapidly accelerate, way too much. I guess in NL, it was pretty alright but I never had the moment of seeing it and going “huh, these are my regular routes, neat”.

I would have liked more control over where it would or specifically would not happen, regrowing, etc. but I guess those days are behind us now that all the plants are invincible!

In City Folk I hated it because even though I NEVER RAN (which most people did cause the town was HUGE) the grass would still deteriorate in any place you had frequently walked plus the deteriorated area was yellow???? It was nasty mud but the brown one in New Leaf is pretty cool! I still dont like it in ACNL but its much easier to avoid and you can easily grow the grass back, just plant some flowers on the mud, water them, and DO NOT walk on the spaces you watered with flowers and within a week it'll grow back!! Its a cool feature, I definitely thought was cool but HONESTLY this is one of those few and far between things where I believe how New Horizons simplified it (or how they took it away!) was better because it was ANGERING TO FIND DAT MUD 🥱

in new leaf i think i got annoyed of where it occurred. i probably didn't think how to reverse it at the time and just embraced it

It City Folk it sucks because it practically turns your town into a desert. In New Leaf it’s not as bad and the dirt doesn’t look as bad but it still sucks

It was a neat concept, but executed poorly in the first game.

It did get me into path-making though. But god it was terrible in CF. I wish that the modding scene at the time had a fix for it.

It was a neat concept, but executed poorly in the first game.

It did get me into path-making though. But god it was terrible in CF. I wish that the modding scene at the time had a fix for it.
do they have a fix for it now? that would be pretty cool

Back