• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Debunking Grass Ware Myths... Grass Doesn't ever truly die.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JKDOS

Bells
Switch
7343-9456-5507
Pavé
Tin Robot
Black Hybrid Rose
New Horizons Token
Silver Mailbox
Small Mailbox
Yellow Candy
Red Candy
Cake
Cake
I have seen nothing but complaints on grass Ware, and myths on why it dies and how to save it... I'd like to lay all of these rumors to rest

Section I

-Grass Dying Myths-
*Saving Game kills grass
*Loading Game Kills/Spawns Grass
*Quitting Game Kills grass
*Running Kills grass
*Walking kills grass.
*Patterns kill grass
*Flowers will let your grass regrow

All the above are false and will not ever kill your grass, or help your grass.

Section II
-What Is grass ware / how it works -

When you very first start a new town there will be dirt patches in your town. These are what I like to call "Permanent" ... This grass can not be regrown no matter what you do.

When a villager moves out he will leave dirt under his house... Please see [A] and instructions
[A] If villager killed the grass, it will regrow in a few days.
If villager moved in on "Permanent" dirt, it will not regrow.

OPTIONAL UNTESTED THEORY: Starting villagers will all have homes on "Permanent" Dirt

-When you build a PWP it will kill grass.
-If you destroy the PWP it will allow the grass to grow back[SUP]!*![/SUP]

!*![SUB] Must be grass and not "Permanent" dirt[/SUB]

Section III

FINAL NOTES.

Grass will not die no matter how man y times you run and or walk. It will not die because of patterns. It will not die no matter how many times you save load and play the game..

Grass is more like it was in Wild World... in wild World, 60% of your ground was dirt... In New Leaf, about 10% or less is dirt... In City Folk, grass died just by being there.

Go have fun with the game and stop being paranoid.

I shall continue to update this when and where needed.

PLEASE SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION IF YOU HAVE SOME

What about dead spots?
I have some parts in my town where it does not allow trees or bushes to be grown.
Even though I'm able to plant around them. :/

I Disagree with that. Grass does die due to Running. I have witnessed it on my New leaf game. It grows back super quick though so it wasn't all that bad. I had a Path going from the door of my house the left side and it re-grew after I only walked on it.

I dunno about patterns and I don't know about walking, but running does kill grass.

Grass doesn't die because of running and/or walking on it? Where are your sources? I'm fairly certain I could provide copious amounts of picture evidence that proves walking and/or running on grass kills it.

.......what

sn2g6w.jpg

no, it definitely dies when you run on it. here's one of my paths, sans tiles. the natural patches definitely don't grow like that.

I can literally see the grass leading to my house deteriorating. It once was a dark rich green, but it's slowly becoming a greenish-yellow, with tiny patches of dirt appearing. Grass definitely dies in this game.

I'm also fairly certain at this point that the villagers might be able to cause grass deterioration. There's a spot that I see multiple villagers walking on very often and I hardly ever walk on (it's at an awkward spot of a pond's edge I have no reason to walk on hardly ever) and it's died there super fast. Unfortunateness is unfortunate.

Perhaps I have pictures showing this... I'll look tonight.

Last edited:
when you make a informative post like this please also set your info on how you got too these results.
anyone can say anything but its only helpful or true if you can support it.

I have also seen one of Lin and Ko's newest vid's and she took her paths up and There was no grass under them. and I have yet to see them run in there town.

Last edited:
I'm also fairly certain at this point that the villagers might be able to cause grass deterioration. There's a spot that I see multiple villagers walking on very often and I hardly ever walk on (it's at an awkward spot of a pond's edge I have no reason to walk on hardly ever) and it's died there super fast. Unfortunateness is unfortunate.

it seems like grass tends to die/not grow at all around river and pond edges. i don't think villagers affect grass wear but i guess there's really no way to tell for certain..

it seems like grass tends to die/not grow at all around river and pond edges. i don't think villagers affect grass wear but i guess there's really no way to tell for certain..

Oh really? Hmm. I have noticed the death of grass on the edges of my river, but I figured that's from going back and forth fishing. That's unfortunate if it doesn't grow back there, but I guess it isn't the end of the world. :p

Ah gee, the only reason I laid an extensive path-system was to protect the grass under it. And now you tell me it kills the grass? q.q

Ah gee, the only reason I laid an extensive path-system was to protect the grass under it. And now you tell me it kills the grass? q.q

It does, but as long as you keep the path there, it won't be visable. OR you could pull up the path and have a natural looking dirt path after a while. :p

The truth is grass dies from running, less so from walking quickly. Villagers do affect the grass, the grass outside their houses in my town are deteriorating and I never visit them, they also have a habit of running in certain spots which are deteriorating.

The truth is grass dies from running, less so from walking quickly. Villagers do affect the grass, the grass outside their houses in my town are deteriorating and I never visit them, they also have a habit of running in certain spots which are deteriorating.

:(

Makes my heart sad.

I Disagree with that. Grass does die due to Running. I have witnessed it on my New leaf game. It grows back super quick though so it wasn't all that bad. I had a Path going from the door of my house the left side and it re-grew after I only walked on it.

I dunno about patterns and I don't know about walking, but running does kill grass.

Don't know bout you but this tested false on two different New Leaf games.

People-

Dies does NOT = Permanent Death...

to which the grasses will GRADUALLY grow back.

Is this the popular theory/fact? Thanks!

Don't know bout you but this tested false on two different New Leaf games.

Well I tested it true on my Game so I guess we can agree to disagree.
and All the other Members are saying this also. so maybe you want to check again. there are so many sources saying otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back