• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Currently Playing?

Lately it's been Super Mario Odyssey.

I'm trying to get back to playing great Ace attorney chronicles again but tbh I really don't like this game. It's boring and the characters are annoying but I hate to just quit and not finish it because it feels like a waste. I haven't even finished the second chapter yet so I don't know if it gets better or if it's this... handhold-y through the entire game.

Currently Palia (which I’m obsessed with), Disney Dreamlight Valley, and Nintendo Switch Sports. I’m thinking of starting up my Pokémon Violet game too here a little bit later. 🙂

Baldur's Gate 3. I'm having so much fun with my bard, a class I've never played before with IRL DnD! I haven't even finished the first Act (I explore EVERYTHING.... and it's paid off!) and I already feel like it's going to make my top 10 games of all time. Gonna have to do soooo many playthroughs.

It's rare I enjoy all of the party members in a game, but I really do like everyone so far. Even the jerk who ended up killing me because I was too nice. 😂

Lately it's been Genshin Impact, Honkai: Star Rail, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, and Pokemon Violet.

i've been playing mobile games lately, usually Cookie Run: Kingdom (a gacha game but with cookies.) It's story is very immersive and fun, and the narrative in both the available continents (Crispia for regular story, Beast-Yeast for secondary story) is great. There's basically a ton of content I like checking out, and I would recommend it to anyone!

I started playing Pikmin 2 today in my ongoing quest to replay the entire Pikmin series! I repaid all the debt already, so I'm making good progress.

Still working on Wylde Flowers. I wish I had divorce unlocked, that would make going through all romantic achievements so much easier.

Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town. I had an itch to get back into a smaller-scale SoS/HM, and this is easy to put down when needed.

I know this is incredibly late compared tot eh release date, but I finally started trying out Ooblets (big thanks to my sister who gifted it to me for Christmas)! It was on my wishlist for ages, and I haven't had my fill of the quirky humor and sounds yet. I wish it allowed for faster movement earlier on, but I guess I just have to save my wishies skill points to increase my move speed.

I’ve been playing Cozy Grove for the past 3 weeks! My thoughts on it are pretty much still the same from my post in the Your Most Recent Gaming Purchases thread, so I hopefully won’t go on a tangent here xnsjxnd, but I’m still enjoying it a lot! It’s the kind of game that you check in on each day, and you can’t really play for longer than 1-1.5 hours at a time, but I like that. It made starting to play and my first week of playing a little less overwhelming, even though I’m impatient and want to help all of the bears and learn all of their backstories now. 😅

I’ve met 11/17 of the bears in the base game so far, and I love the diversity in their appearances and personalities! It’s made meeting each new bear and unearthing their areas that much more exciting! I still have the softest spot for Jeremy Gruffle, but Captain Billweather Snout and Octavia Cubbins are slowly but surely growing on me. I honestly love all of the characters so far, though!

The pros definitely outweigh the cons for me! I love all the little animals I can have, especially the Spirit Deers and the cats! Catching critters has been so fun. I’ve loved adding to Captain Billweather Snout’s collections over time, and am proud of how much I’ve gathered in just 3 weeks! I’m also proud of all the Merit Badges I’ve earned so far. Fishing can also be fun, but I like it less than fishing in Animal Crossing for some reason. Finding out more about the bears has been both endearing and heartbreaking, and I like that the island gets bigger with each new one I meet! I am forever grateful to the developers for letting us hug the bears, because I fear I’m gonna need it more than they do the deeper I get into their stories. 😭

The only cons so far are very minor ones. The game can be a little laggy at times, especially when a new bear’s area is being unearthed and when I’ve fed Flamey the final Spirit Log they needed in order to unlock a new bear. It’s not anything horrible or that causes the game to crash so far thankfully, but I’m a little worried that it’ll get worse the bigger the island gets and the more areas that become unearthed. My character’s inventory also feels insanely small? I expanded it fully recently and unlocked 12 additional spaces, but I’m still running out of room quick between materials, things I have to gather for the bears, and fishing/critter catching. Item customization also feels tedious as hell? It’s much more tedious than customization is in Animal Crossing. You have to gather a certain amount of one material, then turn it into a different material, and then you can customize an item. I wish it was as simple as just buying a customization kit from the shop xnsjdnhd

But overall, for a game that I got on sale for $10.92 CAD, it’s incredible. It’s such a calming game to relax in bed with, or to wind down for bed with. It’s also been a big comfort for me during my tough moments these past couple weeks. It’s definitely worth the price considering it looks like I have months of content and new stuff to discover ahead of me, plus the New Neighbears DLC that I haven’t gotten yet! So excited to keep playing and discover more!

okay i went on a tangent LOL, but hey it’s envelope money 🫶

Just started playing Dragon Quest Treasures the other day. 🏴‍☠️💰⚔ Is this game meant for children?? 😳 You play as kids, but so far, the gameplay is not too exciting and rather easy. Even the physics and environment are quite basic. 😐 I know this is like, a DQ11 spin-off or whatever, but I was kind of expecting a little more... Certainly better than Dragon Quest Heroes. I don't like those hack and slash kinda games, but the story and setting is more mature themed and interesting than the game I'm currently playing. 🥱 I suppose I'll play it a little longer, but really I'm not too impressed so far... 🤷‍♀️

Now that I'm done with Pikmin 2, naturally the next step is to play Pikmin 3 Deluxe in my ongoing quest to replay all the Pikmin games! It's been over 3 years since I last played it, so it'll be interesting to see how much I remember about how to best go through it, lol.

Still playing Rune Factory 3 Special. Despite it being the shortest game in the franchise, it is taking the longest because I only play on the weekends now.

I’m almost done though, just need to get my character hitched to Collette.

After that, I’ll probably replay Rune Factory 4 because I miss it a lot.

Playing a new round of Skyrim, the Switch version.

I tried a duplication glitch to help me get Smithing to 100. The glitch is so easy to do, even I could do it, but it's quite boring to do.

I was an armourless dark elf mage named Papelf in my last game. Plus it was on Legendary difficulty on survival mode.

This time I'm a Nord warrior named Papathorne the Dragonborn with survival disabled and Novice difficulty. I don't feel like stressing out this time.

Disney Dreamlight Valley got a new update yesterday, so I'm playing that more again. I've had a migraine though, so I haven't managed to do much yet aside from some of the tasks for the new star path

Back