• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Confess your gaming sins here.

I have a habit of replaying a game from the beginning a few times before actually finishing it. (As in the last battle or chapter). It's because I tend to take a break then. I love tres bashers, but replayed it twice before the final boss door.(which I've still have to do) Make it make sense.

The only consoles I have are the 3DS and the switch. I totally would have gotten a Wii U if I knew how hard it would be to get a boxed one now, and that the eshop would be closed
I’ve never actually beaten SMB1. I played the SNES version but it was too hard for me to finish. Not like I’m not skilled just it got really tedious

The only consoles I have are the 3DS and the switch. I totally would have gotten a Wii U if I knew how hard it would be to get a boxed one now, and that the eshop would be closed
I’ve never actually beaten SMB1. I played the SNES version but it was too hard for me to finish. Not like I’m not skilled just it got really tedious
The only Nintendo consoles I’ve never owned are the N64, Game Cube, and Wii U. I wasn’t living completely by myself when the GC was released and the N64 is just something I never got as a kid. The Wii U I didn’t get because honestly at the time it was released , there was not too many games that interested me beyond Wind Waker HD, Splatoon, and Paper Mario Color Splash. I had Smash 3DS and saw no point in getting a Wii U for its version, Nintendo Land wasn’t very exciting for me, and I am not really a Mario Kart player.

The only Nintendo consoles I’ve never owned are the N64, Game Cube, and Wii U. I wasn’t living completely by myself when the GC was released and the N64 is just something I never got as a kid. The Wii U I didn’t get because honestly at the time it was released , there was not too many games that interested me beyond Wind Waker HD, Splatoon, and Paper Mario Color Splash. I had Smash 3DS and saw no point in getting a Wii U for its version, Nintendo Land wasn’t very exciting for me, and I am not really a Mario Kart player.
I guess that’s understandable but if you bought a Wii U you’d also be able to play Wii games if there were any of those you were interested in

I guess that’s understandable but if you bought a Wii U you’d also be able to play Wii games if there were any of those you were interested in
What would be the point when I already had a Wii? A Wii U was always a bit too high in price for my budget. I got my Switch a year after its release and when it had more games out and saving money for months.

What would be the point when I already had a Wii? A Wii U was always a bit too high in price for my budget. I got my Switch a year after its release and when it had more games out and saving money for months.
You know, when all remaining Wiis self destruct

All jokes aside I actually misread it I thought you said those were the only consoles you did have

Last edited:
I've committed far too many gaming sins to count...here are some that immediately come to mind:

I did the item glitch with gemstones in BOTW to farm rupees because I didn't have the time or patience to do it the normal way. I also tried to kill some annoying npcs in BOTW to get their drops like in Elden Ring only to discover you cant do that in this game.

In Elden Ring I have fulfilled many sus questlines that end up doing more harm than good, not caring at the time because the reward for completing the quest was worth it. I also would kill annoying NPCs.

When I was 8 or 9 I told my sister to use her only masterball on a random magneton when she was exploring the powerplant in kanto because i thought it was rare (this was in Pokemon FireRed). I also ran from a shiny blue foongus once because I thought it was just a color variant.

In Cult of the Lamb whenever my followers were about to die of old age I would feed them a dish that had a 70% chance of poisoning them and a 30% chance of dropping rare items. My logic was they were going to die anyways so might as well get some rare stuff out of it.

And that's just my single player game sins 🤫

I'm not sure if this would be classified as a sin nor would people understand what I'm trying to say, but I like hopping with players in battle on Mario Kart. It's usually only a select few I can find that understand the gesture, but it's sort of an alliance. We don't attack each other. I do this currently with two people on Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. This was also a thing back in the Mario Kart Wii days. I'd love to talk with the two outside of Mario Kart, but this is our only communication.

My biggest one is that I have won many racing events in an online game due to a glitch that I discovered.
This game hold big racing events twice a year and although I am not the best, I accidentally found a glitch many, many years ago that shaves a few seconds off my racing time that can get me to place.
I have since left the game due to other reasons, but last time I checked, the glitch is still there and I don't think anyone else have ever discovered it.

Whenever playing Pokémon (from GBA to 3DS), I developed this habit where if I lost a battle I would just turn off the game and start the battle all over again. For some reason it never registered to me as cheating or anything, I was so proud of me and my Pokémon for never losing any battles though technically we did!

Also time travelling in AC.
And the Rosebud;:;:;:; trick in Sims.
And I also pranked my husband pretty ruthlessly in Starcraft II when we both agreed to build nothing but soldiers.. I showed up in battle cruisers and well he was pretty upset with me lmao

I play easy mode in many games. Like Story of Seasons games and JRPGs. It's still fun for me, i just don't care for (or have time) for the grind so I'm happy there's the option for people like me.

i save scum all the time. i sincerely do not care if its immersion breaking or whatever, if im playing a game with choices and i get something that i dont want to do, i have no regrets save scumming. i'll look up all the alternatives on youtube XD

I am someome who likes to finish a game whenever the day ends, but then I remember there are certain chapters in a game that I must finish if I want to give myself a break. For example whenever I play Pokemon I prefer to just get one badge a day and just turn off the game because just doing nothing but exploring and battling Pokemon is very time consuming and I have much better things going on in my personal life to waste time grinding Pokemon like crazy.

If there's a way to profit off of saving and reloading, I will do that. Even if it takes a long time.

If there's an easy-to-do exploit in a game, I'll probably do that too. Sorry Hyrule, I'm rich.

This all only goes to singleplayer though. I'm the exact opposite during multiplayer games. I will avoid stuff that gives me an unfair edge over other players. Like f.e. spawn camping or even just easy classes and weapons like Pyro in TF2. I want to beat other players by skill alone, nothing else.

I personally consider a Pokémon game beaten once I beat all eight gym leaders. I don't care for the Elite Four. I just want to play the main story and don't care for becoming a champion.

I’ve manipulated the 3DS Virtual console version of Pokémon Blue in order to get a “legit” or at least legal Mew that could be transferred to Bank and then Home for my collection. It requires a rather complicated series of glitches to glitch my trainer ID to that of the event Mew. Then after that I trigged the more well known mew glitch. Basically the mew has to have a specific ID in order to be deemed legal by Pokémon bank.

The real mew was only given out in limited events in the UK and Japan.

Back