• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Confess your gaming sins here.

Sometimes I try to lose on purpose in Ace Attorney mostly to see what would happen.

Sometimes I try to lose on purpose in Ace Attorney mostly to see what would happen.
This is incidentally why I've never been a fan of the penalty system in this series. While I understand that it's intended reward critical thinking by avoiding an unfavorable outcome and give a sense of stakes to incorrect answers, it also disincentives the player to explore some of the more unique dialogue options that you can only see from choosing the wrong answers.

This is incidentally why I've never been a fan of the penalty system in this series. While I understand that it's intended reward critical thinking by avoiding an unfavorable outcome and give a sense of stakes to incorrect answers, it also disincentives the player to explore some of the more unique dialogue options that you can only see from choosing the wrong answers.

Plus it makes the games less realistic if you always win legal cases and having an alternate route and story in the games would make it feel more realistic. I quit playing after the Dahlia trial because I am extremely against the death penalty under any circumstances and refused to play the game properly to convict her. I would have liked to have seen an alternate route in the story where she is deemed innocent and then plots her revenge and have different cases in turn. Ace Attorney is too linear and the only reason I continued to play it as long as I did was because I thought the dialogue was witty which is something that I like but it was extremely boring having to find evidence and then present said evidence at the right time and object only when the game required you to do so. We all know Capcom can make a game where you can have alternate options and outcomes and make you think outside of the box given that Mega Man and Devil May Cry exists.

Plus it makes the games less realistic if you always win legal cases and having an alternate route and story in the games would make it feel more realistic. I quit playing after the Dahlia trial because I am extremely against the death penalty under any circumstances and refused to play the game properly to convict her. I would have liked to have seen an alternate route in the story where she is deemed innocent and then plots her revenge and have different cases in turn. Ace Attorney is too linear and the only reason I continued to play it as long as I did was because I thought the dialogue was witty which is something that I like but it was extremely boring having to find evidence and then present said evidence at the right time and object only when the game required you to do so. We all know Capcom can make a game where you can have alternate options and outcomes and make you think outside of the box given that Mega Man and Devil May Cry exists.
I don't really care too much that Ace Attorney is an extremely linear story. The first three games are pretty much the exact length I'd like them to be, and I feel alternate routes would rather muddy and needlessly prolong the gameplay, rather than actually contribute meaningful narration. The gameplay loop, if you can call it that, is rather simplistic, but I've always felt the games use the gameplay as set dressing for the delivery of the narrative, as visual novels tend to do, rather than the other way around.

I’ve never beaten Super Mario Bros 1 Even though I love Mario, I sucked too much at that game to beat it… even though I was using an emulator and I had save states. I just didn’t use saves, so I have to go back to it someday and actually beat it. I think it was because of world 8, and especially because of Hammer Bros.

i used the [item number] glitch on stardew while it was out. heck, i clipped, turned a staircase into mayor lewis’ trimmed shorts (i use them to harass him as much as possible)… oh, and i sided with jojo mart one playthrough.

i also used a cheat on one new horizons save to get maximum bells in my bank account. and when i got bored i would talk to a villager until they got burnt out, hit them with a net until the reaction went away, and talked some more.

i used every glitch in the book in harvest moon ds to get the sprites. then one day my game froze and my file deleted. oh well.

basically, if a game has glitches, i’m gonna exploit them. :lemon:

I’ve never beaten Super Mario 64 in any version. I’m terrible at collecting the Stars. Furthest I can get to is the floor where Cool Cool Mountain is and then I end up constantly dying as I try to get more Stars to unlock the floor where Tick Tock Clock is located and I really really want to get there as it is my absolute favorite level in the game.

I’ve also never beaten Super Mario Bros before and never beaten a Bowser clone without using the Axe to destroy the bridge.

I've committed so many in the Sims (as everyone who has played the game probably has). The biggest is probably neglecting Sims I don't like. I usually don't outright kill them, I usually just don't do anything to help their needs. I mainly play the Sims 2, and those Sims let their needs get pretty low if you don't control them. They end up going to work dirty and exhausted and barely eat. Sometimes it ends in me taking pity on them, but other times it ends in me deciding I've had enough and killing them.

I got upset once and punched my Wii U :( (cracked the gamepad). It was rather odd because I'm normally not temperamental, but I suppose I was having a rough day and gaming was making it worse.

Lesson learned. Take a breather. I didn't get another one until a few years later and I regretted it heavily.

Last edited:
I seem to be in a constant cycle of picking up a game, playing for a good chunk of time (usually a few weeks) and then stopping for a while. When I finally decide to pick the game back up again, I feel like I forgot everything that I accomplished so I restart and go through the same cycle again.

Another issue I have is that I pre-order games or buy them on release and end up not playing them at all. When the time comes around that I feel like I want to play the game, I see that it's on sale for anywhere from 50-75% off.

Finally, I end up buying games on sale (especially from sites like humble bundle) and letting the games just sit there waiting to be redeemed. I think I have about 600 unredeemed games on humble bundle that I just let gather dust.

I have another Mario one.

Since I’m- I mean, I used to be bad at video games, in New Super Mario Bros. 2 and Super Mario 3D Land, I used the Invincibility Leaf/P-Wing in a lot of stages. An Invincibility Leaf makes you invincible to everything and lets you have the benefits of a Tanooki Leaf (gliding, and in New Super Mario Bros. 2, flying), and if you’re really bad; the P-Wing in 3D Land just lets you skip to the end of the stage. Those are some of the easiest Mario platformers ever (and even though 3D Land has difficult stages, you can’t use the Invincibility Leaf in those. The only actually challenging stage you can use an Invincibility Leaf in is the last castle). I actually still have the files for both games today. In New Super Mario Bros. 2, it at least lets you replay stages without an Invincibility Leaf to erase the evidence of you ever using one, but in Super Mario 3D Land, it will forever be recorded on your file for using it once.

i never finished botw 😬 i know the game is huge but i literally never beat the main story bc the weapons breaking was really annoying LOL

I'm a total modder and changed acres in ACNL. My town looks natural though except for one glitchy area by my campground entrance. Also Im a total Pokemon genner (but still hunt my own shinies)

Speaking of I still regret the random shiny Zubat I killed in platinum because I was too new to realize I could try throwing a ball at it and not attack. Hopefully one day I'll reclaim but actually hunting is long in old games.

Last edited:
Back