• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

claw machines

do you like claw machines?

• yes

Votes: 36 69.2%
  • no

Votes: 16 30.8%

• Total voters

duckvely

ς(>‿<.)
Bells
Switch
1663-6750-7318
Island
Blueming
Golden Watering Can
Red Rose
Red Rose
White Rose
White Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Red Lily
White Lily
are you good at claw machines? what prizes have you won?

i'm not good at all and i end up spending too much money on them whenever i go to an arcade. i have won a really cute dinosaur brown (from line friends) plush and a korilakkuma plush from round 1 that i love!!

are you good at claw machines? what prizes have you won?

i'm not good at all and i end up spending too much money on them whenever i go to an arcade. i have won a really cute dinosaur brown (from line friends) plush and a korilakkuma plush from round 1 that i love!!
I'm only good at the old badge arcade on the 3ds. I tried playing an actual claw machine, it is clear those are rigged, or loaded with heavier prizes than they should be.

I'm pretty good at them! I remember winning a Sonic The Hedgehog series plush years ago from one, lol.

i have friends who are really good at playing them and we would always go home with like 5+ plushies all the time. personally i'm no good at them and so haven't ever won anything sadly :'(

i love them, but i don't think i'm that good at them lol. i won something once when i was maybe 8? and haven't won anything else since haha

I want my own claw machine at home lol I love seeing them, especially in Japan with the cool prizes there.

I'm not particularly good at them but I'm also not terrible. Last autumn I got to play one for free at an event and I managed to grab something with one try and I won a shampoo. lmao

In Japan I struggled with a machine once and I asked the staff to help me (they place the prizes in a way you can get them easily if you have been trying and ask them for help) and they did and I was finally able to grab the prize.

But when I was in Japan I usually just liked watching others play instead of playing myself since I'm stingy. 😂

Anyone remember the badge arcade on 3DS? I looooved that and want it back on the Switch 2! 😭

Yes Omg im SO GOOD at these. I used to work at an arcade

i love them! i go to round 1 all the time, which is an arcade that has UFO claw catchers rather than the typical ones. they're much higher odds and easier to win things in. i've only gotten 3-4 things but i adore them anyways ^_^

They are a guilty pleasure. I know they’re designed to take your money but the prizes are just so tempting, especially in Japan.

i don’t do them often because i know i’ll end up blowing through my money. the last time i won something was a couple years ago, it was a gudetama plushie. years before that i’d won a rilakkuma

I don't know if I've ever actually tried playing a claw machine before. Maybe I did once or twice as a child but I don't recall.

I'm not sure what, if any, trick or strategy there is to playing them successfully and always got the impression from other people that they're rigged, so I feel like I've always just avoided them.

In Taiwan I managed to win this medium sized plush of Ditto that has a cord and suction cup to hang it up. Also won a bank shaped like a luggage bag which I use to keep my change in. Taipei has so many arcades full of nothing but claw machines with some really nice prizes like wireless ear phones or anime figures.

I love claw machines!!! I'd say I'm pretty decent at them but it also depends on what kind, like the ones in american stores I find to be much easier than at places like round 1 for example. I also used to have an account for toreba which is basically like an app online to control a real crane game, and when you win they ship the prize over to you. I didn't win the most optimally but I did win quite a bundle of things before my parents got me to stop spending money on there 😅 After that I had to download some little cat claw game app (just a virtual game, not like toreba) to get my fix because it's just too fun!! Whenever I go to round 1 I always play at least a few!!!!

I love these things, though I haven’t used one in years. I remember one time when I was on vacation as a kid in 2005, I tried to get a bouncy penguin ball but it couldn’t get in the bin. On my last try the ball suddenly bounced in the bin when the claw let go of it. This was one of my most exciting achievement I ever had in my life and I kept the ball for as long as I live. I believe I still have it today.

They're a scam but I still love them and give it a try if there's a cute bird plushie in there. I've had people win stuff for me from one before!

They are a lot of fun but I have never been good at them.

I seem to have extraordinary luck with them. as a child, i always won plushies and gave them to my younger brother. he would then proceed to ignore my efforts and brag to my parents about how good he is at claw machines and how talented he had to be to win so many plushies. every time my parents would ask him to win them something from a claw machine, he would say something along the lines of "no i cant, my luck has to recharge". funny, that.

Back