♡ carp's dream town review thread ♡

Hi! Weird request... My town is only.. kind of literally "half-way done"?
(The top half of my town, to keep it simple) Would you like reviewing the top part of my town?

(I ran out of inspiration and am trying to figure out what to do with the rest of my town, so if you've got any ideas for that too, it'd be really appreciated!)

My dream address is 6b00-0010-49f3

- - - Post Merge - - -

:)

i'll happily review just the top half in the comment, and i'll have a look round the bottom for some ideas.

town name: ordon
dream code: 6B00-0010-49F3
aesthetics: ★★☆☆☆
theme: ★★☆☆☆
colour: ★★☆☆☆
design: ★★★☆☆
overall: ★★☆☆☆
comment: first up, cute town name. sweet, medieval-ish. the town plaza is very quaint, and the little flowers inside the border wall is sweet. i'll write about a line of words about the bottom of your town. if i were you, i would entirely strip the bottom of your town out, remove all trees, bushes, flowers, patterns etc then remove all the pwps from it. having a blank canvas to start creating from will allow you to develop it far beyond it's current clustered potential. when you have removed everything, plot reset villagers into set positions (in a line, or in positions for strategic paths) so you have an easier time decorating around their houses. good luck w/ that half of town.

walking up, over the vertical bridge, your house is nicely situated, and the path curves nicely around it. a better, more natural way to do the path here could be a mix of stepping stones and clovers, which would work better with the curving style. this curving path leads nicely around the top half of town, and should be continued in the bottom half when you develop it. marisuka's house is cute, but the door and postbox are a little differently styled.

inside, her? house is cute and cottagey, but has a large gap for furniture in the bottom left of the main room. you've also lined your furniture along the edges of the room, rather than trying to bring it in more. embrace the space rather than bordering it. the bin and triforce don't fit in this room, and the clashing woods of the cabin low table and exotic low table next to one another needs to be sorted. the left room, i imagine, is unfinished, but a cute theme to start with. keep using different series, and try remodeling the alpine cart/trolley thing to a pink design. the right room is cute, but offbrand for the cottage-y feel. pick a theme for your house and really run with it. upstairs, a meditative, zen spa vibe is cute, but a very whimsical room for the town. is this the style you want your town to be, or the more natural theme? pick one, and go for it.

the stonehenge pwp is badly surrounded, and you need more of your pink and pastel flowers all around your town, really. pick a colour scheme and go for it. your mushroom circle below the station has been infiltrated by some growing bamboo, perhaps cut it down? the way the little moat to the police station ends so quickly is very annoying to the eye. you could use the white lily, pink lily and white violet combo as your colour scheme throughout, which would really bring your town together. your use of bushes around town is quite poor, as you should be focusing on making the dirt path as thin looking as possible (bushes right against the path) and big buildings such as the police station blended as well as possible into the landscape.

you have a lot of ideas, clearly, but you just need to really go for them. good luck with developing your town further!

Carp, you wouldn't mind checking out my dream towns, right? :)

Shamplin: 5A00 - 0026 - D661
Tears: 5E00 - 003A -90DA

And thanks for this review thread. I'll gonna be visiting towns on the list, too!

i don't mind checking out both, no issue

town name: shamplin
dream code: 5A00-0026-D661
aesthetics: ★★☆☆☆
theme: ★★★☆☆
colour: ★★☆☆☆
design: ★★★★☆
overall: ★★★☆☆
comment: a wintry, cold town. i left my ds on sleep mode for so long it was about 4am when i was walking around, but i imagine it would be beautiful either way. the plaza is nicely decorated, and the outfit a stylish choice. above the plaza, the orange orchard is quaint, and i like the different flowers that work together with the trees. to the right, the two houses of atooo and ati are quaintly placed, and the flowers outside are sweet. i'm not sure about the yellow violets and white pansies, but either way they look alright. atooo's house is very regal and grand, although the post box is a little offbrand. good use of patterns to enclose the house.

inside atooo's house, the main room is a bit confusing in comparison to the exterior. the rough symmetry is nice, and the colours and furniture styles work with one another. the caf? outdoorsy vibe is nice, too. the back room is a mushroom-y forest pub, which is cute but the chairs at the tables could be changed out with other chairs of similar styles, perhaps? the right side room is cute, and the far right is super adorable with all the pink tulips. the caf? vibe throughout this house is a nice piece of consistency. another room, and to the left, no surprise, another caf?. this room feels very empty, despite being rather full. your item placement around the edge of the snow-y food outlet isn't the most creative, and so has created this gangway where it feels so empty. your use of wall items throughout this house is solid. upstairs, and surprise surprise, another cafeteria. this one is very chic and glam, but the regal lamp is a bit dodgy in here, being so white. the white wood and brown wood doesn't go. the gyroids, however, really add to the atmosphere, and make the song feel even more chilling, in a good way, that is. downstairs,
i like the kitchen, but it feels a bit clean. some more open items of food like a lone pear or a four leaf clover book as a recipe book would be a solid addition. furthermore, for this being a kitchen, there's no where to hang the orders from! get a little bulletin board somewhere in the kitchen.

next door, the ritzy mansion of ati is a stark contrast, and i like the chic modern exterior. inside, the floor doesn't match the room, but the design is a solid piece of classical interior. the various nick-nacks really bring it together. to the right, hotel room #1 is cute, but perhaps refurbish (i don't know if you can, to be fair) one of the suitcases to bring some more realism to the room? the tv on the wall behind the tv on the table/counter is confusing. do we want to watch eastenders and x factor at the same time? a small little comment on the main room again. the gyroid sounds like a little tinging bell sound for service, which i love. alright, moving on to the left room which is a cabana room, but feels so empty! you've got such a huge cluster of items at the bottom and then left the middle of the room completely open. upstairs, it looks like the one little scene from the lord of the rings with the dwarves beds, and is quaint. not sure who would leave a pear on the floor, though.. must be some sloppy guests!

your use of flowers around the campsite is very minimal, which contrasts the orange orchard of before, which is a shame. the cosy placements of the three villager homes at the very top of town is super adorable, but i'm not sure if you are trying to focus on any colour scheme in particular. oh! it's a hacked town, i did not realise at all. the station is cutely done, and the snow patterns are stylish. your curved edge of the corners on the path is a cute touch, but the flower beds are either empty or full to the brim - make up your mind! you've used a lot of different paths in this town, but they all co-ordinate well together. the 3 wide path to 2 wide path scenario below the station is a travesty, and needs to be changed.

the chocolate box village vibe leading to twiggy's house is quaint, but your villager choices could be more cohesive. if this is a snow town, perhaps focus on villagers with wooden houses? here is a guide for villager town houses, if you choose to do this. i think a solid colour scheme throughout this town would really bring it together really well, and give the town a better focus in terms of theme. meena's house is cutely situated along a stepping stone path, and the exterior is minimal but sweet.

inside, i'm not sure. the woods clash quite badly, and you need a new flooring and music player if you do go for all of the lighter wood customisation. the items in this room are very incohesive, much like my terrible spelling. the back kitchen is cute, but doesn't really scream for attention. make it more exciting by using a range of furniture that isn't the kitchen set, and just the odd item here and there of it. the right room, again, has clashing wood colours, and i think the exotic tables need to go in this scenario. to the left, a walk in wardrobe for kings and queens isn't the most accurate depiction of what i thought this town was about, but is a nicely decorated room. upstairs, the gracie series is blandly put together, and needs other items to support it, and downstairs in the basement, i'm confused by your colour choices. such a dark blue and dark red together, with gold and yellow?
perhaps not your finest hour of decoration.

the coconut path to the slope is cute, and the rest of the lower half of the town is rather unremarkable, but fine. try and mix flowers like you did with the orange orchard before.

i will have a break 'cause i'm tired till your next town, thanks!

Carp, you wouldn't mind checking out my dream towns, right? :)

Shamplin: 5A00 - 0026 - D661
Tears: 5E00 - 003A -90DA

And thanks for this review thread. I'll gonna be visiting towns on the list, too!

sorry i took so long for this second review i've been lazy busy ;^)

town name: tears
dream code: 5E00-003A-90DA
aesthetics: ★★★★★
colour: ★★★★☆
overall: ★★★★☆
comment: a spooky, run down, weed filled and withered town. the use of abstract shapes through the bushes, dead trees and smaller trees is a really beautiful effect on the visitor. the cute lil' trenchcoat-y outfit is sweet, if a little odd. it felt very difficult to get out of the town plaza, which is probably my vague mind, but i'd have a second way out if i were you, as hacked towns are always notoriously difficult to navigate around. one's house is simplistic, and the blank design next to her abode is rather ominous. inside, the vibe went from spooky to cutesy in about 3.4 seconds, which is fine, but a little strange to see her house be used in this manner. a tiny bit of ambiguity when it comes to this house would be far better than a fully furnished lodge. to the right, the room is bright, airy and fun, rather than the creepy vibe of outside. to the left is christmassy?
which is strange, and the colour scheme in this room is fairly flawed. upstairs seems to have the king from kirby's epic yarn on an island getaway, which is cute, but odd in context.

making my way slowly to two's house, the patterns on the ground don't match the grass colour, and the path around ?toile's house seems to die very quickly, with it being unclear of where to go. your use of trash items on the ground is solid. the garden bench is quaint, and at this moment the rain started to fall, and the atmosphere became more bleak.

an attempt at matching the ground colour with the paths has been made beside the caf?, but you're still a little off colour. the continuation of the poem with two's character is nice, but the postbox of her house doesn't match the vibe. inside, two's house is confusing, and there is just a jail cell and a bird cage within. ominous, but confusing. perhaps the bird is bad idek im too tired for this.

continuing over the bridge, i am betrayed by a pitfall! i'm not sure if i was supposed to walk along the ditch to get past the blockade, but i did. the town hall is sweetly decorated, but to no real purpose. the use of double trees and withered flowers throughout really adds to the atmosphere. the path to three's house is clear, without diverting to far from a direct route. the colourful flowers outside, however, are a little odd. her house exterior is sweet yet run down, and indoors another bright, airy room attacks my eyeballs. the start of another poem/phrase with her speech is cute, again. i'm guessing each character has a bad side of some kind in another house. the back room is a spooky store room, a little too run down to be trustworthy! a well made garden shop, however. upstairs continues the same aesthetic very well, and downstairs fashion-esque basement shop is a little creepy with the dolls everywhere, but cutesy.

i had an unnecessary look around the other parts of the top of town, with a very run down vibe with dead trees, more bleak pwps and weeds. leading down across the only available bridge, the other route blocked by bushes and trees, i find myself in a colourful garden pathway that feels very unprofessional compared to the rest of your town. if you just used the white carnations and white and gold roses, it could lead to a more convincing aesthetic, and yet again i find myself stuck with nowhere to go through the bushes. i will go and find a shovel! having to run round the entirety of town and back was rather painful to do, but such is life.

over the bridge and a dead meadow of wilted flowers is discovered, along with zero's house. the semi-colon design is confusing, but i imagine it has some context. zero's house being so eery and run down fits the town well. inside, a desolate ruin of a house is found with little furniture or colour within. the back room is creepy again, and the happy music in the sea shell makes it practically worse. i'm still not sure of the story, but it's well made. to the right, the room feels more proper yet odd and to the left an empty room is odd, and i believe such a room was in your previous town with the same design, if i'm correct? upstairs, a sort of burial ground of heaven is found, with a charming piece of abstract music played by the gyroids. the bamboo wish tree things are well placed. in the basement, another run down room is found, and i am again confused.

thank you for letting me visit your (slightly confusing) dream town! good luck with developing it further if you decide to!

Here's mine, knock yourself out.

5E00-000F-8C6E

My town is far from done, but I just HAD to save it today because I had the purple sunset and it's the last day of the cherry blossoms. None of the house interiors are done and the town itself is only 70% done. I don't care how you rate it, but it would be fun to see what you think of my town now :) DA in my signature!

for sure! let's see if you've jumped above 2☆'s this time!

town name: azulon
dream code: 5E00-000F-6EAB
aesthetics: ★★★☆☆
colour: ★★★☆☆
comment: a really atmospheric time to set your town, good choice of the purple sunset. i appreciate the symmetrical bushes, trees and fauna around the plaza, which are all very beautiful. the path choice is solid, and well placed. the villager homes bordering the top of the plaza in a line, with one being plot reset beside the other 3 for mira, are well decorated around, yet don't clash with the path. the ditch and drain designs are cute. arize's house is beautifully decorated, with the contrasting regal purple and gold working well with the red lilies. the bushes and bamboo together really fit the zen vibe here, and the few golden pieces of house work well.

inside arize's house, a boxy house of regal proportions rather than a zen one is a shame, but it is well put together despite this,
and wall items are used well. the back room is really beautiful, and the furniture is super chic and cottagey. the brick plant thingy behind the chaise lounge is a little glaring for this room. to the right, a confusing room of a walk in wardrobe, makeup suite and bathroom seems to be doing too many things at once to be cohesive, but i love some of the customisations in here! to the left is cute, but confusing for the theme, and upstairs is entirely empty.

making my way upwards, the mix of cedar and fruit tree is solid, and the colour sceme of red and purple on the curving path to link's house is cute, and well put together. his house nicely contrasts the flowers outside and inside i'm guessing inside is a reference to some zelda game as a cute lil' cabin. upstairs is quaint and well done for such limited space, and downstairs in the basement the array of jars is quite ironic as i believe link smashes jars. sorry for my lack of knowledge of this franchise!

the colour schemes chosen throughout the top half of town are well done, and the occasional odd flower here and there throws in a little variety into the mix. the pwps chosen are quaint, and the flower arch with symmetrical villager houses with flowers is super adorable! the station area feels very large, but i like how you've broken it up a little with the gap beside the building. the top left slice of town is so adorable, and feels very village-y in such a small space. i like the fruit trees and flowers, and the path changing is a solid move. the bus stop is also a cute touch. each thing in your town this time round seems to have more purpose than when i last visited. ?ponine's house is cutely situated and i like the pink vibe that starts around and near her home. her house exterior is unfinished, i imagine.

inside the main room is practically empty, but upstairs is nice and full of furniture. again, i'm not sure how well the two sets go together here, but you've kept the dark and the light together. the basement is also empty.

your colour scheme around the town hall is less convincing, and the pathways feel unnecessary and restricting. the caf? is covered with bushes, but could use a tree or two to cover it a little more. the fairy tale vibe beside the retail shop with the fairy bench and pink trees is super adorable, and the clovers make for a nice pathway. zuko's house is huge and dominating to the zen theme, and inside is a little empty, but a wip i imagine. i'm not a fan of the red and black customization, but if you can make it work, then rock it. the other rooms all are unfinished, but upstairs is a solid start to a room.

the piece of town below the river to the right of zuko's house is badly decorated, with the white cosmos and white violets not being integrated with the zen area, and being placed separately rather than together. the pink cosmos and purple tulips around the windmill are super cute. good luck with developing azulon even further!

for sure! let's see if you've jumped above 2☆'s this time!

town name: azulon
dream code: 5E00-000F-6EAB
aesthetics: ★★★☆☆
colour: ★★★☆☆
comment: a really atmospheric time to set your town, good choice of the purple sunset. i appreciate the symmetrical bushes, trees and fauna around the plaza, which are all very beautiful. the path choice is solid, and well placed. the villager homes bordering the top of the plaza in a line, with one being plot reset beside the other 3 for mira, are well decorated around, yet don't clash with the path. the ditch and drain designs are cute. arize's house is beautifully decorated, with the contrasting regal purple and gold working well with the red lilies. the bushes and bamboo together really fit the zen vibe here, and the few golden pieces of house work well.

inside arize's house, a boxy house of regal proportions rather than a zen one is a shame, but it is well put together despite this,
and wall items are used well. the back room is really beautiful, and the furniture is super chic and cottagey. the brick plant thingy behind the chaise lounge is a little glaring for this room. to the right, a confusing room of a walk in wardrobe, makeup suite and bathroom seems to be doing too many things at once to be cohesive, but i love some of the customisations in here! to the left is cute, but confusing for the theme, and upstairs is entirely empty.

making my way upwards, the mix of cedar and fruit tree is solid, and the colour sceme of red and purple on the curving path to link's house is cute, and well put together. his house nicely contrasts the flowers outside and inside i'm guessing inside is a reference to some zelda game as a cute lil' cabin. upstairs is quaint and well done for such limited space, and downstairs in the basement the array of jars is quite ironic as i believe link smashes jars. sorry for my lack of knowledge of this franchise!

the colour schemes chosen throughout the top half of town are well done, and the occasional odd flower here and there throws in a little variety into the mix. the pwps chosen are quaint, and the flower arch with symmetrical villager houses with flowers is super adorable! the station area feels very large, but i like how you've broken it up a little with the gap beside the building. the top left slice of town is so adorable, and feels very village-y in such a small space. i like the fruit trees and flowers, and the path changing is a solid move. the bus stop is also a cute touch. each thing in your town this time round seems to have more purpose than when i last visited. ?ponine's house is cutely situated and i like the pink vibe that starts around and near her home. her house exterior is unfinished, i imagine.

inside the main room is practically empty, but upstairs is nice and full of furniture. again, i'm not sure how well the two sets go together here, but you've kept the dark and the light together. the basement is also empty.

your colour scheme around the town hall is less convincing, and the pathways feel unnecessary and restricting. the caf? is covered with bushes, but could use a tree or two to cover it a little more. the fairy tale vibe beside the retail shop with the fairy bench and pink trees is super adorable, and the clovers make for a nice pathway. zuko's house is huge and dominating to the zen theme, and inside is a little empty, but a wip i imagine. i'm not a fan of the red and black customization, but if you can make it work, then rock it. the other rooms all are unfinished, but upstairs is a solid start to a room.

the piece of town below the river to the right of zuko's house is badly decorated, with the white cosmos and white violets not being integrated with the zen area, and being placed separately rather than together. the pink cosmos and purple tulips around the windmill are super cute. good luck with developing azulon even further!

Thank you! :D Always so thorough, love it!

Hmm, I'm curious to know what you think about my town! Here's my DA 4F00-0059-B5AC

Just a fan. No DA just yet- just complimenting. You do beautiful reviews and this is a great way to surf through and see what towns I want to visit. :) Keep going. :D

Hi, would you mind reviewing my town when you have a chance, please? :)

BWAgency ☾ 5E00-0013-ADE0 ☾ Mayor White
A Pokemon town based on the anime & manga.

Backstory in case you're interested before visiting.

town name: bwagency
dream code: 5E00-0013-ADE0
theme: ★★★★☆
comment: first up, i was a little overwhelmed with all the backstory, but i'm a simpleton. the plaza is beautifully decorated with patterns, and the early sunset with the falling blossom and pink trees is a cute spring vibe. to the left, the purple and blue checkerboard pattern with different breeds of flowers is a lovely texture to look at, and the various campsite-y pwps are cute, with the clover and grass path being cute additions. the path curving towards the campground is a cute touch. the stump and bush edging is cute. walking down from the town plaza, the cutesy diagonal path leads nicely to the caf? and a cut out board of some pok?mon character. the various colour schemes are separated well with the bushes in between. the inferred pok?ball design on the statue fountain beside may's house is a cute touch! a bigger variety of flowers could be used around her house for decoration, as you did beside the campground, but either way the colours work well together. may's house exterior is very red and fits the landscape.

the main room is a little confusing to a non-pok?mon fan, but i imagine it's supposed to be some sort of reward store/display. a confusing use of items in here, too. the back room seems to have some kind of scoring system with some judges, and the chairs for the audience is quaint. good mix and matching of items to make a semi believable layout. to the right, i am greeted by a familiar sight - a pok?mart! even i can recognise this. to the left is a cute caf? thing, with very zen, traditional vibes. a bigger variety of food on the counters could improve this room. i don't know what upstairs is supposed to be, but it's well put together.
is this may's accommodation? if it is, perhaps red would be a more fitting colour, as she has a red house. the basement also leaves me rather confused - is this a gym? a training room? why are there fountains in the middle of a training room? lots of questions are unanswered.

the bridge under may's house is cutely decorated. i'm not sure if i have gone the wrong way to find an outfit as of yet, but alas.
the amazing looking pok?mon battle arena thingy underneath may's house is well made, but a little boxy. however, with the amount of designs a town is allowed, i'm not sure if you could fix that issue. your beach is well decorated and the flowers make a nice little pattern, and the few items along the way are quaint. the egg resembling a pok?mon egg is a clever touch! the colour scheme around the white bench is a little odd, but your villager houses are surrounded well with matching flowers. white's house is cutely situated with the pink castle vibe, but it's a shame the illuminated heart isn't on.

inside is a very clinical feeling reception, which isn't what i expected, nor what matches the exterior, but so be it. the back room seems to be a film set for the aspiring actors and actresses, i imagine. it seems to be more of an idol vibe than an professional acting one. the right side room is very tranquil, but i'm not sure of the relevance in context to the actor's studio. is this supposed to be a room they act in? is the left room a battle train? honestly, i'm so confused by this house and how the rooms are connecting, but i imagine it's just my lack of knowledge holding me back. upstairs feels very empty and box-y, and doesn't really fit the vibe i would imagine living accommodation to offer. downstairs, a concert hall is cute and well put together.

i believe you need more back story to explain how these rooms fit with one another. the playground-esque area at the bottom by the cliffs is cute, but the colour schemes are very odd. black's house is cutely decorated on the exterior, and the area below is fairly identical to the area opposite. inside, the sponsor and helper's house is a bit confusing again, but alas. a nice, classical feeling reception nonetheless. the back room is a nice gym/wrestling ring, which is cute. to the right, a forest is an odd room to have, but it's well made. to the left, i'm guessing black's bedroom is very boyishly decorated, which i would expect. i have no idea what upstairs is supposed to be, but it's nicely decorated- very regal. downstairs is equally as confusing.

i've now completely run out of space for items to pick up, after walking past the lighthouse, which is nicely situated on the cliff.
above this, the two villager houses not be symmetrical is a shame, and the hot spring rock pool pwp is cutely placed, but the colours around it are rather odd. a lack of dimension, it seems. a variety of chopped and fully grown bamboo would solve this.
misty's house is cute, but i'm not sure if the mermaid vibe works with who she was as a character. the colours around her house don't really fit, and the texture of the rose isn't fitting either.

inside, we have a matching main room for the first time! *applause* i love the layout of this room, but the furniture choices are a little weak with the alpine table needing something else on it to really immerse it into this room. the back room is a pain to the eyes but cohesive. i'm guessing this is supposed to be misty's family gym, if i remember the anime correctly, which i doubt i do. the music is fitting. to the right is a cute, oriental vibe, but the cohesion is lost. i'm not sure of the relevancy of an asian style restaurant. this room is wel made, however. to the left, i have the same issue, with a beautiful room not fitting the theme as well as i would have hoped it to. perhaps for future towns, see whether or not you need a fully expanded house before expanding it? upstairs and downstairs in the basement suffer the same fate.

walking upwards, i like the pok?ball mosaic with roses again around the tower, and the red colours here are effective. the town hall being symmetrically surrounded is cute. and, by the station, i feel like a bit of an idiot finding the outfits i should've put on far before. the rest of the town doesn't really have any 'wow' factor, and just feels very solid, without screaming for attention.
i'm not sure how you could "fix" this, as the one path throughout a town doesn't leave much imagination. kevin's house position also pains me a little.

thank you for having me in your beautiful town, and good luck developing it further!

I would love to have you come and critique my town. I am Mayor Smitty from Meriton and my DA is 4C00 004C 0D87

I have restarted my game about a month ago so I don't have much to work with yet. I am trying for a Zen look. TIY should open today and I am looking forward to finally having shrubs to work with. I am kind of floundering around in areas until a look "clicks" with me. I am also patiently waiting for my townies to request the rusticy Zenish PWP's I am hoping for. They all seem to want those modern looking steel things lol.

I would appreciate all and any advice you care to post!

Last edited:
town name: bwagency
dream code: 5E00-0013-ADE0
theme: ★★★★☆
comment: first up, i was a little overwhelmed with all the backstory, but i'm a simpleton. the plaza is beautifully decorated with patterns, and the early sunset with the falling blossom and pink trees is a cute spring vibe. to the left, the purple and blue checkerboard pattern with different breeds of flowers is a lovely texture to look at, and the various campsite-y pwps are cute, with the clover and grass path being cute additions. the path curving towards the campground is a cute touch. the stump and bush edging is cute. walking down from the town plaza, the cutesy diagonal path leads nicely to the caf? and a cut out board of some pok?mon character. the various colour schemes are separated well with the bushes in between. the inferred pok?ball design on the statue fountain beside may's house is a cute touch! a bigger variety of flowers could be used around her house for decoration, as you did beside the campground, but either way the colours work well together. may's house exterior is very red and fits the landscape.

the main room is a little confusing to a non-pok?mon fan, but i imagine it's supposed to be some sort of reward store/display. a confusing use of items in here, too. the back room seems to have some kind of scoring system with some judges, and the chairs for the audience is quaint. good mix and matching of items to make a semi believable layout. to the right, i am greeted by a familiar sight - a pok?mart! even i can recognise this. to the left is a cute caf? thing, with very zen, traditional vibes. a bigger variety of food on the counters could improve this room. i don't know what upstairs is supposed to be, but it's well put together.
is this may's accommodation? if it is, perhaps red would be a more fitting colour, as she has a red house. the basement also leaves me rather confused - is this a gym? a training room? why are there fountains in the middle of a training room? lots of questions are unanswered.

the bridge under may's house is cutely decorated. i'm not sure if i have gone the wrong way to find an outfit as of yet, but alas.
the amazing looking pok?mon battle arena thingy underneath may's house is well made, but a little boxy. however, with the amount of designs a town is allowed, i'm not sure if you could fix that issue. your beach is well decorated and the flowers make a nice little pattern, and the few items along the way are quaint. the egg resembling a pok?mon egg is a clever touch! the colour scheme around the white bench is a little odd, but your villager houses are surrounded well with matching flowers. white's house is cutely situated with the pink castle vibe, but it's a shame the illuminated heart isn't on.

inside is a very clinical feeling reception, which isn't what i expected, nor what matches the exterior, but so be it. the back room seems to be a film set for the aspiring actors and actresses, i imagine. it seems to be more of an idol vibe than an professional acting one. the right side room is very tranquil, but i'm not sure of the relevance in context to the actor's studio. is this supposed to be a room they act in? is the left room a battle train? honestly, i'm so confused by this house and how the rooms are connecting, but i imagine it's just my lack of knowledge holding me back. upstairs feels very empty and box-y, and doesn't really fit the vibe i would imagine living accommodation to offer. downstairs, a concert hall is cute and well put together.

i believe you need more back story to explain how these rooms fit with one another. the playground-esque area at the bottom by the cliffs is cute, but the colour schemes are very odd. black's house is cutely decorated on the exterior, and the area below is fairly identical to the area opposite. inside, the sponsor and helper's house is a bit confusing again, but alas. a nice, classical feeling reception nonetheless. the back room is a nice gym/wrestling ring, which is cute. to the right, a forest is an odd room to have, but it's well made. to the left, i'm guessing black's bedroom is very boyishly decorated, which i would expect. i have no idea what upstairs is supposed to be, but it's nicely decorated- very regal. downstairs is equally as confusing.

i've now completely run out of space for items to pick up, after walking past the lighthouse, which is nicely situated on the cliff.
above this, the two villager houses not be symmetrical is a shame, and the hot spring rock pool pwp is cutely placed, but the colours around it are rather odd. a lack of dimension, it seems. a variety of chopped and fully grown bamboo would solve this.
misty's house is cute, but i'm not sure if the mermaid vibe works with who she was as a character. the colours around her house don't really fit, and the texture of the rose isn't fitting either.

inside, we have a matching main room for the first time! *applause* i love the layout of this room, but the furniture choices are a little weak with the alpine table needing something else on it to really immerse it into this room. the back room is a pain to the eyes but cohesive. i'm guessing this is supposed to be misty's family gym, if i remember the anime correctly, which i doubt i do. the music is fitting. to the right is a cute, oriental vibe, but the cohesion is lost. i'm not sure of the relevancy of an asian style restaurant. this room is wel made, however. to the left, i have the same issue, with a beautiful room not fitting the theme as well as i would have hoped it to. perhaps for future towns, see whether or not you need a fully expanded house before expanding it? upstairs and downstairs in the basement suffer the same fate.

walking upwards, i like the pok?ball mosaic with roses again around the tower, and the red colours here are effective. the town hall being symmetrically surrounded is cute. and, by the station, i feel like a bit of an idiot finding the outfits i should've put on far before. the rest of the town doesn't really have any 'wow' factor, and just feels very solid, without screaming for attention.
i'm not sure how you could "fix" this, as the one path throughout a town doesn't leave much imagination. kevin's house position also pains me a little.

thank you for having me in your beautiful town, and good luck developing it further!

Thanks for the detailed review! All of the houses make a lot more sense if you're familiar with the anime and manga. Each room of the characters' houses directly relate to each character based on their interests or events they've had. :)

I do agree on changing up the flower scheme in a few areas. I wish the game allowed for more custom patterns. I used to have a full on path but that sacrificed the personalization so I went with the two tile paths. I got all the villagers long before the update and before I knew of plot resetting but because they're all permanent villagers, it was best to work with what I had. ^^;

Thanks again! :D

Ayyy :D
Feel free to review my town! After 2 years, the DA of this place is complete ^^
Outfits are by the train station! The area around Violet's house is a garden that changes to match the season- the main room in her house changes to reflect the season as well. I'm 100% happy with my town, but I'm curious about other opinions too.
Have fun, enjoy your visit c:

DA: 7E00-0018-BB2C

Back