♡ carp's dream town review thread ♡

i understand about why you didn't like your feedback because it wasn't the right advice for you, i definitely wouldn't call it a "roast" though. 3 stars is good, right? i'd say his criticism is harsh(?) but that's what i like about this thread, it's thorough and his honest opinion. that snarky comment was uncalled for and it makes you look resentful and defensive rather than "i'm just stating that i disagree"

Lol, it just wasn't a very helpful review to me and was a little unnecessarily harsh imo. The comment at the end was for some of my buddies in a chatroom who were all laughing with me about it. His reply to it was funny tbh because I actually really like cupcakes, and it was an A+ clapback. :p

Lol, it just wasn't a very helpful review to me and was a little unnecessarily harsh imo. The comment at the end was for some of my buddies in a chatroom who were all laughing with me about it. His reply to it was funny tbh because I actually really like cupcakes, and it was an A+ clapback. :p

sure, but what's with the long and harsh review by one of your buddies? it looks like you guys are taking it more seriously than just a laugh

Last edited:
i don't know if you have updated it, but i shall visit it nevertheless!

town name: polis
dream code: 6F00-0035-DECF
aesthetics: ★★☆☆☆
theme: ★☆☆☆☆
colour: ☆☆☆☆☆
design: ★★☆☆☆
overall: ★☆☆☆☆
comment: arriving in polis, a very dark, mysterious yet modern town, the patterns really capture your attention, with the weaving layers. the plaza is quaintly surrounded by cedar trees and bushes, with a lacking of flowers, which is expected for a w.i.p town. trundling down, resetti's little pothole is placed nicely, and the wooden plank patterns are effective. the flowers surrounding the reset centre are a bit brash and clashing, however.

underneath felyne's house, i like the little row of bushes you have placed, but i'd love to see cut bamboo on either end and a stump in the middle to really please the eyes. your path is a little misplaced here and there, but works well on leading me to the station. the wide-ness of the path works for this situation. the water patterns are very cute!! a large field underneath the police station suggests some development to be happening, but i like how the path leads to it with the wooden plank designs. the modern streetlamps are beautiful against the rustic nature of the holly bushes and cedar trees.

the paths and river design system to the right of town is very hard to follow and obtrustive to the eyes. i struggled my way up to polly's house, who's zen interior i imagine will look good when you push the furniture out. the crowded little area with the solar panel, blanche and rosalind's house is super adorable. rosalind's house is very empty, as expected.

the little zen pwps below retail are quaint, and i imagine will look strong with some good flower combinations in the future. charging down to the fanciest house of them all, i love the little river system you've made around michael's massive megastory house. it feels like a real island with the flowers surrounding everything. inside, blocky furniture combinations along with the use of only one theme of furniture let you down: try pushing furniture one space out of the lines!

to the left, your modern theme seems to be left in the dust, and the rococco series is effective, but rather out of place with the rest of the town. good use of decorations such as the pig in blue stripes. in the back room, the space-y theme is nice, and very fitting with the house, which seems to be a space ship-ish abode with a rustic neighbour. again, with the right room, the theme is assassinated, like my beliefs this house could be cohesive. upstairs, the kitchen pieces clash with the modern furniture customised in the shiny way. place stuff in the huge galley in the middle of the room, and rotate the 2x1 table to open up the room!! in the basement, with my hopes shattered to smithereens of cohesion, the golden series is rather average with your town. the homage to joey the duck is perfect.

the area around town hall has too many goddamn paths!! less is more with a bright white path in the dead of night, dearie. the forest to the right of the campsite is quaint. i like how the cube sculpture works with your path designs.

and that appears to be it! a fairly empty town, with little to pull it together currently, but with some focus on the house themes and flower combos you could make it a great place to live! thank you! good luck!

Thank you for the review ^-^

That's actually my town before my latest changes and from what I remember is really bad xD

I couldn't help but laugh at some of your comments of areas I have drastically changed and think I'll visit my old dream on my brothers 3DS for the lolz.

I will post here when I update my town a bit more. Lily thought it would be funny to build her house overtop of my zen area by retail so I've got a bit of tidying up to do...

Thanks for the review though ^-^

Last edited:
Would you review my freshly updated town of Eventide? It's still very much in progress, but I'd like some feedback!

Some things to note:
- The town is missing many PWPs that I plan to add once they're requested by a villager (mostly the illuminated stuff)
- Mayor Cindy's house is pretty much done, aside from a few odds and ends I need to add to certain rooms and I need to refurbish the rest of the west room stuff to ruby, and I plan to change the roof (currently the pink roof) to the fuchsia roof.
- Lumina's house is the size and exterior it should be, but I still need to add much of the furniture.
- Notte's house is not done at all! I still need to expand the rooms and it's missing nearly all the furniture that I plan to put in it!
- The flower patterns you'll see on the ground are placeholders for actual flowers.
- Penelope has pinged me to move. I'm never speaking to her again and she and her stupid house in the middle of the big moon garden will soon be gone.

My DA is 4E00-0031-15C1

Last edited:
So I do exactly what he does as SATIRE and it's harsh lol but he does it and is held to a god status in town reviewing. OK.

sure, but what's with the long and harsh review by one of your buddies? it looks like you guys are taking it more seriously than just a laugh

She just read the review of my town and got salty so she reviewed his in a similar manner to how he reviewed mine. It's meant to be satiric. If he can dish out harsh reviews, he should be able to take them imo. Telling people who disagree to go elsewhere is extremely cowardly. I expressed my feelings for his review, and planned to leave it at that but the salty reply as well as a lot of joking around with others made me come back and reply again. Honestly I've moved past his review cause, as I said, I didn't find it helpful. It wasn't because he didn't like stuff about my town, it was the condescending manner in which it was delivered (not to mention most of his suggestions are contrary to the effect I'm going for). I've played this game since launch, and I've been playing Animal Crossing since the original Gamecube version. I'm not stupid, and I know how the game works. But it's just funny to me how he can dish out such "honest" reviews when he doesn't even take half the advice he gives to people in his own town. Hence why Drella made her review. Sorry if you're butthurt about it, but we all thought it was pretty funny.

Last edited:
Why does this happen with every review thread... if someone reviews your town and gives a distasteful opinion of it then just ignore it if you get offended by it.

Everyone's towns are unique, I might like the taste of poo but it doesn't mean I have to get angry if no one else likes it.

Just read and move on. PLEASE stop replying saying "eugh, I disagree with your opinion and your opinion is bad and your stuff sucks too".

Be mature and MOVE ON. I've already complained about dream threads doing this before and don't want to see any more :(

Thank you very much ^-^

So I do exactly what he does as SATIRE and it's harsh lol but he does it and is held to a god status in town reviewing. OK.

The difference is that they aren't doing this to insult or spite anyone, which was the intent of your review. Anyone who posts here is pretty much offering their town up to be judged by carp, in whichever way they see fit. If you look at the first couple of reviews, they are obviously pretty harsh, and some people love that (such as I). However, carp's town has not been put on the chopping block by choice. So the review you made came off as mean spirited. Carp may be harsh, but they are trying to give advice. If someone posts here, knowing the reviewer is harsh, and gets upset about it.. That's kind of like being a chef going on Gordon Ramsey's show and expecting him to be nice all the time, or going on American Idol and not being able to handle Simon's rude comments. I hope you can understand what I mean and not take any offence to what I'm saying. I am only answering your question because it sucks to see another thread devolve into arguments and fights and people ganging up on the OP or whatever, then the thread gets closed because people can't just be nice to each other. Let's all just move on from this please! Have a good night :)

This has become my favorite thread, this is all too funny!! :blush:

Can you review mine?
Town name: Bluebell
Dream address:
4A00-0055-722E
Mayor: Ellie

Note: also, I know my town is named bluebell, but there isnt much blue in it..please don't judge the town in that. This is my first town, and when I switched themes, I really didn't want to start all over with a different town name.
IMG_5090.JPG

Last edited:
She just read the review of my town and got salty so she reviewed his in a similar manner to how he reviewed mine. It's meant to be satiric. If he can dish out harsh reviews, he should be able to take them imo. Telling people who disagree to go elsewhere is extremely cowardly. I expressed my feelings for his review, and planned to leave it at that but the salty reply as well as a lot of joking around with others made me come back and reply again. Honestly I've moved past his review cause, as I said, I didn't find it helpful. It wasn't because he didn't like stuff about my town, it was the condescending manner in which it was delivered (not to mention most of his suggestions are contrary to the effect I'm going for). I've played this game since launch, and I've been playing Animal Crossing since the original Gamecube version. I'm not stupid, and I know how the game works. But it's just funny to me how he can dish out such "honest" reviews when he doesn't even take half the advice he gives to people in his own town. Hence why Drella made her review. Sorry if you're butthurt about it, but we all thought it was pretty funny.

getting upset and moaning about it to your friends so they make accounts just to stand up for you is all a good laugh. you've taken this way too seriously haha

- - - Post Merge - - -

also creating these "roast me" threads out of spite just proves my point even further. it's cute
i'm not going to reply again, have fun in your chatrooms

Last edited:

i thought it was funny tbh if a lil extra

please rate my dream town. here is the address: 4A00-0046-0185! thanks in advance! <3

town name: fairfax
dream code: 4A00-0046-0185
aesthetics: ★★★★★
theme: ★★★★☆
colour: ★★★★★
design: ★★★☆☆
overall: ★★★★☆
comment: your town name is sweet and unique, and a mix-up to the normal rosewood or that kind of vibe. as you load into the town, the swarm of items is a little overwhelming, but mix and matching with the different combos of hats and shoes was a fun lil' activity. your sunset time is a sweet choice, and with the pink carnations contrasts well with the landscaping around the plaza. it's a shame your symmetrical illuminated hearts weren't lit up when i arrived: maybe set your d/a at 6pm next time?

your use of bushes to border the quaint, girly path is adorable. i love the mix of flowers, stumps and bushes all together. your landscaping feature of two illuminated arches and the illuminated clock is beautiful, and secludes the caf? very well. the trees are very strategically placed, and thin the building well. wandering down, the cutesy dirt patterned path through the cluster of houses is super adorable, and fits your aesthetic beautifully. in places, the odd tree could be put down to add to the pink vibe, but overall is still a lovely setting to wander in. your little gifts scattered along the path is a cute addition, and the bordering of the river with alternating trees is a pretty touch.

i appreciate your use of the pink and white carnations throughout your town, which is a solid design decision. the diagonal path of clovers is subtley done, and doesn't clash terribly with your town's theme, which i so often see. pastelia's house is nicely surrounded by the little moat, but the exterior is, i imagine, unfinished, like the interior. to the left of this, anika's house is a massive golden palace, brought to the theme of the town by the mermaid wall.

inside anika's humble abode is the one-set a room vibe, but it is well executed in the main room. anika's use of other accessories is tasteful - only the lovely clock could be a little less crudely placed. in anika's left room, i like your placement of the furniture and the plants are a stylish touch. the safe could be differently placed, as it obstructs the view when first entering the room. the far right wall in this princess room could have an item on. to the right, a little bit confusing mix of store and japanese dojo is placed, but the furniture styles work together because of the tasteful choices in wallpaper and flooring. the back room is quaint, but uses the chocolate-looking cake item a little too much. the birthday and 2017 cake could be mixed in, instead. upstairs is well done, and the almost symmetrical vibe works well with the amount of furniture on either side being similar. the gap infront of the snowman wardrobe would be nicely filled by something, though! in the basement, a games room is a typical choice, but seems unfinished, and a little sparse.

crystal's house is again, empty, as is chibi's. wandering down your straight path to the campsite, which is prettily surrounded by bushes and the dirt path pattern, i like the depth of trees and bushes beside the retail pond. the fire pit with stumps is a nice choice, and your mixing of bushes is a wonderful detail in terms of texture. your town hall is surrounded prettily by the fountain courtyard below, with the symmetry being used well to frame the building. above the town hall, your mini-tokyo vibe is sweet, but the path ends a little abruptly. the path with flower arches and illuminated trees is so beautiful and stylish, and your path works with the thinning of the walkway. the police station is quaintly decorated.

below the station, the little wisteria trellis leading to the picnic blanket is so adorable, and i love the use of bushes to 'push' the visitor to the pwp. your symmetrical placement of the square topiaries is nicely done, although the little mini circle of river is a bit confusing.

and that seems to be it! thank you for having me in your town, and good luck with developing it further!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Thank you for the review ^-^

That's actually my town before my latest changes and from what I remember is really bad xD

I couldn't help but laugh at some of your comments of areas I have drastically changed and think I'll visit my old dream on my brothers 3DS for the lolz.

I will post here when I update my town a bit more. Lily thought it would be funny to build her house overtop of my zen area by retail so I've got a bit of tidying up to do...

Thanks for the review though ^-^

some of the areas may have been a tad dated, aha! you're welcome c:

- - - Post Merge - - -

Would you review my freshly updated town of Eventide? It's still very much in progress, but I'd like some feedback!

Some things to note:
- The town is missing many PWPs that I plan to add once they're requested by a villager (mostly the illuminated stuff)
- Mayor Cindy's house is pretty much done, aside from a few odds and ends I need to add to certain rooms and I need to refurbish the rest of the west room stuff to ruby, and I plan to change the roof (currently the pink roof) to the fuchsia roof.
- Lumina's house is the size and exterior it should be, but I still need to add much of the furniture.
- Notte's house is not done at all! I still need to expand the rooms and it's missing nearly all the furniture that I plan to put in it!
- The flower patterns you'll see on the ground are placeholders for actual flowers.
- Penelope has pinged me to move. I'm never speaking to her again and she and her stupid house in the middle of the big moon garden will soon be gone.

My DA is 4E00-0031-15C1
i'll take that into account when reviewing your town c:

town name: eventide
dream code: 4E00-0031-15C1
theme: ★★☆☆☆
colour: ★★★☆☆
overall: ★★☆☆☆
comment: your town name is unique and fits the vibe you're going for. i imagine your stylish motif with the flowers planned below the town plaza will look grand when completed. your town path is unique and interesting to look at. your town is v. empty at the moment, but i imagine that will change with time. the moon you have made with black and white lilies is interesting, a new dynamic i haven't seen before in a town. this design feature throughout is a solid decision on your part, i believe. cindy's home is nicely decorated outside, but the orange and blue pansies clash with the pastel colour scheme.

inside, a pink candy-floss room is quaintly done, and the lighting brings the other themed furniture in the room together nicely. the left room is a stylish, purple/magenta vibe, not my tastes, but still a solid style choice. it will look more brought together when you finish refurbishing the furniture. your use of wall items throughout this house is solid. the back room has a fashion studio/high brand shop vibe, or perhaps a sleek dressing room? i like how the tables are placed together, and the outfits in the back are sweet and make the room seem lived in. the right side mermaid, ice and washroom is quaintly done. the separation of different areas with screens is tastefully done. the lighting in this room is key to the atmosphere. upstairs, the regal range is cutely placed, but has a large gap to the left of the room, which is a shame as an eye sore like that deducts from the beauty of the other rooms. downstairs, your games room is stylishly done, and the furniture looking plastic-y is a well picked idea.

with there being little to comment on or go by in terms of aesthetic, it's nice to see you've taken time to do at least one house with a sense of design. lumina's house is fairly empty as you explained, but looks like a well decided upon theme. i love the customisation of the alpine in that colour, especially with the table cloth. notte's house is, as you said, fairly sparse, and so i rather run out of places and things to comment upon.

thank you for having me in your town, and good luck with developing your town further!

town name: fairfax
dream code: 4A00-0046-0185
aesthetics: ★★★★★
theme: ★★★★☆
colour: ★★★★★
design: ★★★☆☆
overall: ★★★★☆
comment: your town name is sweet and unique, and a mix-up to the normal rosewood or that kind of vibe. as you load into the town, the swarm of items is a little overwhelming, but mix and matching with the different combos of hats and shoes was a fun lil' activity. your sunset time is a sweet choice, and with the pink carnations contrasts well with the landscaping around the plaza. it's a shame your symmetrical illuminated hearts weren't lit up when i arrived: maybe set your d/a at 6pm next time?

your use of bushes to border the quaint, girly path is adorable. i love the mix of flowers, stumps and bushes all together. your landscaping feature of two illuminated arches and the illuminated clock is beautiful, and secludes the caf? very well. the trees are very strategically placed, and thin the building well. wandering down, the cutesy dirt patterned path through the cluster of houses is super adorable, and fits your aesthetic beautifully. in places, the odd tree could be put down to add to the pink vibe, but overall is still a lovely setting to wander in. your little gifts scattered along the path is a cute addition, and the bordering of the river with alternating trees is a pretty touch.

i appreciate your use of the pink and white carnations throughout your town, which is a solid design decision. the diagonal path of clovers is subtley done, and doesn't clash terribly with your town's theme, which i so often see. pastelia's house is nicely surrounded by the little moat, but the exterior is, i imagine, unfinished, like the interior. to the left of this, anika's house is a massive golden palace, brought to the theme of the town by the mermaid wall.

inside anika's humble abode is the one-set a room vibe, but it is well executed in the main room. anika's use of other accessories is tasteful - only the lovely clock could be a little less crudely placed. in anika's left room, i like your placement of the furniture and the plants are a stylish touch. the safe could be differently placed, as it obstructs the view when first entering the room. the far right wall in this princess room could have an item on. to the right, a little bit confusing mix of store and japanese dojo is placed, but the furniture styles work together because of the tasteful choices in wallpaper and flooring. the back room is quaint, but uses the chocolate-looking cake item a little too much. the birthday and 2017 cake could be mixed in, instead. upstairs is well done, and the almost symmetrical vibe works well with the amount of furniture on either side being similar. the gap infront of the snowman wardrobe would be nicely filled by something, though! in the basement, a games room is a typical choice, but seems unfinished, and a little sparse.

crystal's house is again, empty, as is chibi's. wandering down your straight path to the campsite, which is prettily surrounded by bushes and the dirt path pattern, i like the depth of trees and bushes beside the retail pond. the fire pit with stumps is a nice choice, and your mixing of bushes is a wonderful detail in terms of texture. your town hall is surrounded prettily by the fountain courtyard below, with the symmetry being used well to frame the building. above the town hall, your mini-tokyo vibe is sweet, but the path ends a little abruptly. the path with flower arches and illuminated trees is so beautiful and stylish, and your path works with the thinning of the walkway. the police station is quaintly decorated.

below the station, the little wisteria trellis leading to the picnic blanket is so adorable, and i love the use of bushes to 'push' the visitor to the pwp. your symmetrical placement of the square topiaries is nicely done, although the little mini circle of river is a bit confusing.

and that seems to be it! thank you for having me in your town, and good luck with developing it further!

- - - Post Merge - - -

some of the areas may have been a tad dated, aha! you're welcome c:

- - - Post Merge - - -

i'll take that into account when reviewing your town c:

town name: eventide
dream code: 4E00-0031-15C1
theme: ★★☆☆☆
overall: ★★☆☆☆
comment: your town name is unique and fits the vibe you're going for. i imagine your stylish motif with the flowers planned below the town plaza will look grand when completed. your town path is unique and interesting to look at. your town is v. empty at the moment, but i imagine that will change with time. the moon you have made with black and white lilies is interesting, a new dynamic i haven't seen before in a town. this design feature throughout is a solid decision on your part, i believe. cindy's home is nicely decorated outside, but the orange and blue pansies clash with the pastel colour scheme.

inside, a pink candy-floss room is quaintly done, and the lighting brings the other themed furniture in the room together nicely. the left room is a stylish, purple/magenta vibe, not my tastes, but still a solid style choice. it will look more brought together when you finish refurbishing the furniture. your use of wall items throughout this house is solid. the back room has a fashion studio/high brand shop vibe, or perhaps a sleek dressing room? i like how the tables are placed together, and the outfits in the back are sweet and make the room seem lived in. the right side mermaid, ice and washroom is quaintly done. the separation of different areas with screens is tastefully done. the lighting in this room is key to the atmosphere. upstairs, the regal range is cutely placed, but has a large gap to the left of the room, which is a shame as an eye sore like that deducts from the beauty of the other rooms. downstairs, your games room is stylishly done, and the furniture looking plastic-y is a well picked idea.

with there being little to comment on or go by in terms of aesthetic, it's nice to see you've taken time to do at least one house with a sense of design. lumina's house is fairly empty as you explained, but looks like a well decided upon theme. i love the customisation of the alpine in that colour, especially with the table cloth. notte's house is, as you said, fairly sparse, and so i rather run out of places and things to comment upon.

thank you for having me in your town, and good luck with developing your town further!

thank you so much! i appreciate the feedback :)

Can you review mine?
Town name: Bluebell
Dream address:
4A00-0055-722E
Mayor: Ellie

Note: also, I know my town is named bluebell, but there isnt much blue in it..please don't judge the town in that. This is my first town, and when I switched themes, I really didn't want to start all over with a different town name.
View attachment 197007

first up, sorry this review took me so long to post: i haven't been on the forums in about a day and a half, my bad. and i don't judge the town name in terms of accuracy to the town if it doesn't fit, but it's just a cute touch if it does :) bluebells aren't inherently blue, they're just a signal of spring in my mind

town name: bluebell
dream code: 4A00-0055-722E
aesthetics: ★★★★☆
theme: ★★★☆☆
overall: ★★★☆☆
comment: my apologies if this review is a little badly written, my mind is away with the fairies today! loading into your town, i like how you've swarmed the plaza with gifts for your visitors, but i only had a look at a few, as it got a little tiring. your water designs are cutely done and well placed, with the two little bridges leading neatly away from the plaza. your cat cut out is a cutely placed pwp, and the flowers around add a depth, picking out the key colours of the design board (i can't remember the actual name, my bad)

your path choice is darn beautiful, and the use of bushes along it is a nice touch, connecting the town more to nature. wandering down to felicity and kitty's houses, the red and orange theme really takes hold, and the cedar trees are prettily alternating with the bushes. the area above their houses is a little confusing and the purple/yellow checkerboard isn't a particularly nice combo, except perhaps on an easter egg. wandering further down near coleen's house, your use of perfect cherry trees everywhere is a nice piece of consistency, but would be nicer if they were different distances from the path. coleen's house with matching yellow tulip patches could be a little more extravagantly decorated in terms of depth and design, but you've made the tiny cliff space work well. her exterior is a nice match to your town's colours around this part.

inside, the pop colours with bright green throughout is a solid match to coleen's exterior, which i appreciate. you've used the wall space well, but with such a green room, i'm surprised not to see some plants in it! your line of furniture along the back wall could be changed to create a more dynamic design. to the right, your room is colourful, tropical and unusual, much like a lounge/spa set on a cabana plane. it suits the previous room well. the middle of the room being empty works here because of your use of detailed flooring. perhaps a clock would be cute on the back wall? nice use of customisation of furniture in here. to the left, the classroomy room is sweet, if a bit unexpected. is this house meant to be a school? moving two of the desks two spaces forwards could create a more interesting vibe, but solid use of colour and texture in here. i like the gyroid teacher! upstairs, coleen's four-way bedroom with easter-ish outdoorsy vibe is quaint and sweet to look at. i like the little foresty items mixed with the bright colours. use of socks placed on the floor or clothing hanging on the walls could create another level of realism. coleen's basement is bright and friendly, and the gyroid choir is cute, with the sunflower theme matching nicely. the left and right walls feel a little bare, especially with there being no items against them, but that could just be my personal eye.

making my way straight upwards, past the police station, i discover a little dumpsite of black tulips, which is a bit confusing. it'd look better if a clover path was used from the horizontal path upwards, instead of the horizontal path turning, which feels a little unnatural. a few more trees seem to be needed to make this area feel less like a random placement of flowers and more of a meadow! your station + caf? combo is painful, but you seem to have coped with the regretful placement quite well. the use of red and pink roses to match the flower arch is a sweet touch. your almost-but-not-quite symmetrical fountain and streetlamps is a shame to the eyes, but the cutesy pink sign leading to the mayor's house led me where to go beyond that pain (eheh). the mayor's house is a cute, regal pink abode, and the hedge matches the pink tulip's stems well.

inside the mayor's house, your design seems to have lacked a little in the main room. the use of the entire? lovely series in one room is a bit overwhelming to the eyes with nothing to distract you from it. the large gap in the middle of the room could be filled nicely by a pink kotatsu. the back room is far better, and the teddy bear's picnic vibe is very solid for a room idea. i don't think i've ever seen so many bears, but they work beautifully together. your centre-piece of the table is quaint, and the few pieces of the princess series are tastefully done. if i judged just this back room, your town would be 5☆'s. to the right, the mad caf? vibe is cute, and i like the use of the teacups to take up the floor space. your different directioned tables is a good decision. your walls could have a few items on. to the left, your design is slightly poorer, with a very empty room vibe, but with a few more items in the corners, this problem could be solved. upstairs, i like the idea you're going with, but it just doesn't seem finished. you need a lot more items to fill a room this big with no gaps, and this room feels empty and exposed. in the basement, the colour scheme and theme is beautiful, and i love the placement of your items in here. a solid addition to the design with each piece.

over to the right of town, your red/orange colour scheme again disappears, and is a little confusing, and your integration of the pwps such as the campsite is a little forced. bushes and flowers with a smaller path around it would be more effective. beside tangy and lolly's houses, i finally realise your cat theme, which is a little blind for such a simpleton as myself, but your colour choices around these houses is a poor decision. try and match the colours of the house with nicely correlating colours in your flowers. your long stretch of pink and yellow cosmos above the tulip topiary is a confusing design decision, and takes up a lot of space for what it offers aesthetically. your partial use of the grass/flowers design in some places is a bit of an eye sore, but your bright colours throughout your town are a solid vibe to keep.

the rest of your town below the river is unremarkable, and if i were you i would plot reset your villagers into a line as you are so limited for space in this part of town, and your paths take up a lot of room. i like the little area with the statue fountain and merry's cut out board (it might not be merry, it might be lolly). katra's house is a confusing exterior, with the fence not really fitting the higher class of the rest of town.

i'm really running out of time rn, so i'll keep this bit shorter, sorry! katra's main room is very empty, and needs more items, right room is solid but has an empty right wall, back room is cute but needs plants and wall items, and the left room is a little off in terms of colour matching but a fine little sitting room cubby hole-esque room. upstairs, the bedroom is perfectly cute, and i love the placement of your items here. the basement is pretty, but a little empty to the very front of the middle exotic tables. place some items like cedar saplings (stuff you can walk through) on the floor infront if you've hit the item limit in here.

thank you for having me in your town, and good luck in the future!

first up, sorry this review took me so long to post: i haven't been on the forums in about a day and a half, my bad. and i don't judge the town name in terms of accuracy to the town if it doesn't fit, but it's just a cute touch if it does :) bluebells aren't inherently blue, they're just a signal of spring in my mind

town name: bluebell
dream code: 4A00-0055-722E
aesthetics: ★★★★☆
theme: ★★★☆☆
overall: ★★★☆☆
comment: my apologies if this review is a little badly written, my mind is away with the fairies today! loading into your town, i like how you've swarmed the plaza with gifts for your visitors, but i only had a look at a few, as it got a little tiring. your water designs are cutely done and well placed, with the two little bridges leading neatly away from the plaza. your cat cut out is a cutely placed pwp, and the flowers around add a depth, picking out the key colours of the design board (i can't remember the actual name, my bad)

your path choice is darn beautiful, and the use of bushes along it is a nice touch, connecting the town more to nature. wandering down to felicity and kitty's houses, the red and orange theme really takes hold, and the cedar trees are prettily alternating with the bushes. the area above their houses is a little confusing and the purple/yellow checkerboard isn't a particularly nice combo, except perhaps on an easter egg. wandering further down near coleen's house, your use of perfect cherry trees everywhere is a nice piece of consistency, but would be nicer if they were different distances from the path. coleen's house with matching yellow tulip patches could be a little more extravagantly decorated in terms of depth and design, but you've made the tiny cliff space work well. her exterior is a nice match to your town's colours around this part.

inside, the pop colours with bright green throughout is a solid match to coleen's exterior, which i appreciate. you've used the wall space well, but with such a green room, i'm surprised not to see some plants in it! your line of furniture along the back wall could be changed to create a more dynamic design. to the right, your room is colourful, tropical and unusual, much like a lounge/spa set on a cabana plane. it suits the previous room well. the middle of the room being empty works here because of your use of detailed flooring. perhaps a clock would be cute on the back wall? nice use of customisation of furniture in here. to the left, the classroomy room is sweet, if a bit unexpected. is this house meant to be a school? moving two of the desks two spaces forwards could create a more interesting vibe, but solid use of colour and texture in here. i like the gyroid teacher! upstairs, coleen's four-way bedroom with easter-ish outdoorsy vibe is quaint and sweet to look at. i like the little foresty items mixed with the bright colours. use of socks placed on the floor or clothing hanging on the walls could create another level of realism. coleen's basement is bright and friendly, and the gyroid choir is cute, with the sunflower theme matching nicely. the left and right walls feel a little bare, especially with there being no items against them, but that could just be my personal eye.

making my way straight upwards, past the police station, i discover a little dumpsite of black tulips, which is a bit confusing. it'd look better if a clover path was used from the horizontal path upwards, instead of the horizontal path turning, which feels a little unnatural. a few more trees seem to be needed to make this area feel less like a random placement of flowers and more of a meadow! your station + caf? combo is painful, but you seem to have coped with the regretful placement quite well. the use of red and pink roses to match the flower arch is a sweet touch. your almost-but-not-quite symmetrical fountain and streetlamps is a shame to the eyes, but the cutesy pink sign leading to the mayor's house led me where to go beyond that pain (eheh). the mayor's house is a cute, regal pink abode, and the hedge matches the pink tulip's stems well.

inside the mayor's house, your design seems to have lacked a little in the main room. the use of the entire? lovely series in one room is a bit overwhelming to the eyes with nothing to distract you from it. the large gap in the middle of the room could be filled nicely by a pink kotatsu. the back room is far better, and the teddy bear's picnic vibe is very solid for a room idea. i don't think i've ever seen so many bears, but they work beautifully together. your centre-piece of the table is quaint, and the few pieces of the princess series are tastefully done. if i judged just this back room, your town would be 5☆'s. to the right, the mad caf? vibe is cute, and i like the use of the teacups to take up the floor space. your different directioned tables is a good decision. your walls could have a few items on. to the left, your design is slightly poorer, with a very empty room vibe, but with a few more items in the corners, this problem could be solved. upstairs, i like the idea you're going with, but it just doesn't seem finished. you need a lot more items to fill a room this big with no gaps, and this room feels empty and exposed. in the basement, the colour scheme and theme is beautiful, and i love the placement of your items in here. a solid addition to the design with each piece.

over to the right of town, your red/orange colour scheme again disappears, and is a little confusing, and your integration of the pwps such as the campsite is a little forced. bushes and flowers with a smaller path around it would be more effective. beside tangy and lolly's houses, i finally realise your cat theme, which is a little blind for such a simpleton as myself, but your colour choices around these houses is a poor decision. try and match the colours of the house with nicely correlating colours in your flowers. your long stretch of pink and yellow cosmos above the tulip topiary is a confusing design decision, and takes up a lot of space for what it offers aesthetically. your partial use of the grass/flowers design in some places is a bit of an eye sore, but your bright colours throughout your town are a solid vibe to keep.

the rest of your town below the river is unremarkable, and if i were you i would plot reset your villagers into a line as you are so limited for space in this part of town, and your paths take up a lot of room. i like the little area with the statue fountain and merry's cut out board (it might not be merry, it might be lolly). katra's house is a confusing exterior, with the fence not really fitting the higher class of the rest of town.

i'm really running out of time rn, so i'll keep this bit shorter, sorry! katra's main room is very empty, and needs more items, right room is solid but has an empty right wall, back room is cute but needs plants and wall items, and the left room is a little off in terms of colour matching but a fine little sitting room cubby hole-esque room. upstairs, the bedroom is perfectly cute, and i love the placement of your items here. the basement is pretty, but a little empty to the very front of the middle exotic tables. place some items like cedar saplings (stuff you can walk through) on the floor infront if you've hit the item limit in here.

thank you for having me in your town, and good luck in the future!

Hi thank you so much for such a detailed review! I'm glad the houses that stood out to you were the ones I considered the best ones in the houses. You pointed out a whole bunch of things I Had not really realized, and hope to fix...and maybe get a second review? I'll be working on those for a while and maybe change some rooms up a bit. As for the fountain...I had not realized how not so symmetrical my fountain was :( . I will also be changing some public works around and such or replacing them :)

Also, I was a bit confused about the cafe and police station. Was the cafe painful because it sits right in front of the train station? How about the police station? *asking so that the mistake doesn't happen in future towns*

Can you please review mine as well? :)
Town name: Pandora
Dream address:
4C00-0057-6F6D
Mayor: Spencer

I didn't really go for any theme for this town as this was my first town ever and I just went along with how things panned out. So the villager houses are in random places but i tried to decorate around them :) Thanks :)

Hi thank you so much for such a detailed review! I'm glad the houses that stood out to you were the ones I considered the best ones in the houses. You pointed out a whole bunch of things I Had not really realized, and hope to fix...and maybe get a second review? I'll be working on those for a while and maybe change some rooms up a bit. As for the fountain...I had not realized how not so symmetrical my fountain was :( . I will also be changing some public works around and such or replacing them :)

Also, I was a bit confused about the cafe and police station. Was the cafe painful because it sits right in front of the train station? How about the police station? *asking so that the mistake doesn't happen in future towns*

the caf?, if i remember correctly, was a little painful because of how little it was landscaped, the positioning was fairly average, but if it wasn't in front of the station it would allow it to be more 'submerged' in bushes/trees etc and be less of a huge block of orange bricks.

the police station, if i remember correctly again, had a random bunch of black tulips which was a little off-theme for your town, and the 2 wide path led straight to the door of the pwp. if you replaced this with a 1 wide path of clovers or patterns, it would allow you to have a symmetrical entrance to your building, rather than a slightly lopsided one.

Back