Which one do you like more?

• Camp TBT

Votes: 42 50.0%
  • TBT Fair

Votes: 42 50.0%
  • Some earlier summer event

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
For me, it's easily Camp Bell Tree. What it comes down to is the team aspect of it. Due to my own past experiences, I thrive more under team events, and I get to interact and bond with a lot more people during the team events than any other event. Like being on the Bellflowers (TBTWC) and Poliwags (CBT 2021) was fantastic and helped to give me a greater sense of belonging to this community, and it's more of the same this time around with the Cetaceans.

I think Camp TBT, because the chaos, interaction and jokes within and between teams is something you hardly get with traditional 'drop your entry in the box and leave' events. But I certainly don't have a strong preference. I think alternating between them is much better than only hosting one type of summer event because like Chris wrote: it helps manage the amount of work required and makes sure the format doesn't get old. ;)

Camp by a hair, just because I love team events so so so much! I love that there's alternation between the summer events so I get to participate in different ways every year.

I honestly love both almost equally. If forced to choose, I think the Fair just slightly edges out Camp, but I'm so glad we get to alternate between both.

I love the Fair because I am more of a solo worker. I get stressed when I feel like a team is depending on me, even though I would still put in the same amount of effort either way. Plus, the Fairs have had more writing challenges which are my strong suit.

But the energy of Camp that comes from the team dynamic is also fun, even for an introvert like me. Part of it depends on the team, though. I feel a lot more comfortable if I'm on a team with at least a few people I already know. That helps me get more involved in the team chat which can then lead to me making new friends.

I think Camp TBT, because the chaos, interaction and jokes within and between teams is something you hardly get with traditional 'drop your entry in the box and leave' events. But I certainly don't have a strong preference. I think alternating between them is much better than only hosting one type of summer event because like Chris wrote: it helps manage the amount of work required and makes sure the format doesn't get old. ;)
I'm sure it doesn't hurt that Camp is where you got your space theme either. 😉

i voted fair originally, but that's because my tired brain mistook the last camp for a fair >< changed it now, hehe. i like both equally! but i think camp edges out just because of the team aspect. gives me a chance to be social and talk to new people, and it's just fun having others to work and strategize with!

I enjoyed TBTWC very much, but Camp TBT is very close. I've only participated in one fair, which was also the most recent one.

I do like both, but I think I like the fair better. I think it may be because my social skills arent the best. And I think there's more to do? Idk if there really is.

Camp is great though and I am having fun. No regrets, except not signing up for 2021's.
I like the events in general really because I like seeing everyone's creations and perspectives.

They have different enough flavors that I can't really compare them. I love the fairs because they've been around forever and almost feel like a staple of Bell Tree, but the camp events feel completely different to me...more laid back, maybe?

I slightly prefer TBT Fairs over Camps. It's nice to earn things for yourself at your own pace. But I also like the community aspect of Camps and working together with such a wide range of people!

It's really close for me, but I'd have to go with camps if I could only choose one.
Same with everyone else, I just really love the community aspect of camps, and it makes me grateful for this site. I love interacting with others, and having the basis of the camp allows me to find it easier to talk to people.
I do really enjoy the large fairs though as well, so I'm glad they alternate.

Camps by a long shot. I was only around for one fair and camp each but I like the camps more because the team structure actually makes me talk to people more, like my brain has a reason to stop being so anxious and talk to other people. I have never been good at solo events and being part of a team is just more engaging for me.

The Fair. For various reasons, including physical prizes and the aesthetic, but mainly because being on a team extremely stresses me out.

It's a very hard choice, because all of the TBT events are amazing, but I do have to choose Camp TBT. I continue to be part of amazing teams! 💜💖💜💖

With the end of Camp Bell Tree 2023 rapidly approaching, and having looked back at the past Fair threads and the previous Camp Bell Tree to refresh my memory of it all, my preference between the two Summertime events is solidly Camp Bell Tree.

While Camp Bell Tree can be hampered by team placement depending on your luck of the draw on how many members of your cabin/crew will actually actively participate, I prefer the events we participate in during Camp Bell Tree more. I miss some of the events from the original Camp Bell Tree and hope some of them make a return in future iterations of Camp Bell Tree. I also have a general preference for the Camp collectibles over the Fair collectibles, aside from a few noteworthy ones. The team aspect is also fun and I've had a particularly enjoyable time of it this year.

The Fair is still awesome, but as someone who isn't artistically inclined there's a lot of stuff I just don't have any chance in. The coloring pages are cool and fun but also massive time investments since the scenes are so large and intricate. The writing and Animal Crossing screenshot and clothing challenges are always fun and the raffles and prize packs are always neat. The Fair also brought us Laudine's Celeste Chick Plushes, both the collectible and the real plushes, and as someone who loves birds and especially owls that definitely deserves a mention.

I'm glad that they alternate each year, they're both great fun and it keeps them fresh.

Last edited:
I've never been remarkably active during a fair, but I agree with everyone saying both have pros and cons! I would probably have to go with camp, though, because Camp TBT 2021 was probably my favorite event of all time here. (Besides Satoshi's April Fools, ofc😌) I was just really active, never busy, and artistically motivated, and all those things combined made it a really good event.

I'm looking forward to participating more fully in a fair sometime in the future, though!

This whole time I had this thread, poll results have been very close. Whether Camp TBT or TBT Fair leads each other, it’s always been a close battle.

I prefer Camp, even though I have done more Fairs! The most fun part for me is getting to work in teams, make friendships, and talk with people!

Honestly? Idk, I love these events as I have met so many amazing people. It is so lovely to get the chance to chat and get to know new friends 💚💜💙💜

Back