Giveaway 🎂 Birthday TBT Giveaway 🎉 ~ CLOSED ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks so much for hosting and happy birthday!! May it be filled with blankets and warmth.

My destination has been Korea. I know most people will assume it's because of kpop or kdramas, but I started watching them when I was 15 (I'm now 28), and oh my god.

• The history is just SO interesting (and I hate history).
  • The language. I don't know how to explain it but the way Korean is spoken (all dialects) is just so pretty to me
  • The food, the culture (and I'm not talking about Seoul, I'm talking about the countryside, the small rural towns)
When I first learnt more about Korea as a teenager, thinking about the country just filled my heart. And I know about its faults, it's not a perfect wonderland. But even after all these years, when my interests have drifted, thinking about visiting Korea makes my chest go all squiggly and warm. My 8-year-old has inherited my love for Korea too, so my dream is to take her there with me, honestly couldn't wish for a better travel buddy.

Wow! HAPPY BIRTHDAY FRIEND! 🎉 May I enter last minute? Your so kind and generous to everyone so thank you for being you! 💚 (I love this theme because writing is one of my favorites!)

One place I always wanted to visit was Paris! Ever since I was a little kid that always sounded like a funny word but now that I am older I HAVE DREAMED of actually visiting Paris! Its extremely beautiful and the Eiffel Tower is there! It (and France as a whole) looks so fancy, breathtaking and absolutely gorgeous at sunset and night! I always imagined walking around the beautifully lit streets of France at night! Ooh that stunning scenery, but mostly the new foods! Maybe one day I’ll visit!! 🥰

Happy birthday! I'd love to enter.
My dream travel destination would have to be Italy! I've been obsessed ever since I was a kid (ok so largely due to my love for Italian food) but I've grown to love the history and the landscape as I've gotten older. My top locations to visit are a bit cliché but I want to visit Venice, the Roman Colosseum, the leaning tower of Pisa and the Trevi fountain! I actually did almost get to go a while back but for various reasons it fell through but it's still on my bucket list. I'll get there someday.😊

Happy Birthday! Thank you for hosting! (If I'm entering too late I apologize.)

I've learned that traveling as a disabled person is extra challenging. That being said most of my dream locations aren't really feasible for me. There's is one place that I'd love to visit that I could possibly get to as it's more because it's here in the US. I have always wanted to go visit Martha's Vineyard where the film JAWS as made. JAWS is my favorite film. I'd love to see some of the locations where the actors were and the shark, Bruce, was stored. Plus I think Martha's Vineyard is just beautiful in its own right. I know some places near Martha's Vineyard hold JAWS Fests every year. I'd love to attend one some day!

Thank you again!

Happy birthday!

I have been wanting to visit London for a long time now. When I lived for a year in Shanghai (2018-2019) I met a Chinese guy who studies in a university in London. We only met for two days, as we made a trip to a cute touristy city and explored it together. Like we had written online before it and then we met for the trip that we had planned together (he didn't live in Shanghai like me). When we part ways I actually cried a little. I already wanted to visit London even before (I mean it's London) but of course a reunion gives me an additional reason since then. Hopefully I'll manage to go this or next year!

(There is one more country I'd like to visit even more but sharing details feels too personal, it's related to my family.)

Happy Birthday!

I'm a bit of a homebody, so I haven't traveled too terribly often.

I feel like the locations that appeal to me the most are either purportedly haunted locations or otherwise creepy corners of the world. There are plenty of haunted locations I could mention, but I feel like there aren't any that are above the others? I would just like to visit places like that to see and experience for myself what it's like to be in a supposedly haunted place.

So, rather than somewhere haunted, I'll go with something else. I'd like to someday see Sedlec Ossuary in person someday. Located in Kutná Hora, Czech Republic, the Sedlec Ossuary is a Roman Catholic chapel. Bones had to be moved from the cemetery where the chapel is, so the remains were exhumed and stacked up in 1511, then arranged in visually striking ways in 1870. I think it looks really neat and feel it would be cool to see with my own eyes rather than through a computer screen. Maybe a marriage location if I ever did that?

EIYOcKb.png

rq9OpcO.png

Along the same lines, I'm interested in visiting the Catacombs of Paris.

Finally I'll give a shoutout to the island of Poveglia in the Venetian Lagoon of Italy. It's the namesake for my island in Animal Crossing New Horizons. It's supposedly the most haunted island in the world. It served as a quarantine zone for the plague and many people passed there, with plague pits containing possibly 100,000 to 160,000 corpses buried. It also served as an asylum for the mentally ill for a time, and also a nursing home until 1968. It's sat abandoned since and visiting isn't allowed under normal conditions, though various business interests have throughout the years sought to purchase and develop it. I feel like there wouldn't be as much to see compared to the above, but it would be cool nonetheless.

Sorry for the delay in posting the winners. I’ve read through all of the entries and it was interesting to read everyone’s reasonings for their choices! Thank you for the birthday wishes, as well!

The winners in no particular order:

@Millysaurusrexjr
I love trains due to the freedom you get and the scenery, so much that I actually enjoy being on the train more than the actual destination 99% of the time. After stepping off the train, it feels like the vacation ends for me even if it’s just getting started, so I definitely understand the love for trains. The train is 100% my preferred method of travel.

@Aquilla
I discovered that you could actually apply to more than just “regular jobs” and it’s a shame because not many people know it’s a thing. I like seasonal work allowing you to work anywhere in the world, although the resort locations appeal to me more than the remote ones. I need my WiFi without sportiness and to be somewhat close to civilization, but I do admire to desire to not only want to be in different places but work in those places, as well.

@LittleMissPanda
Costa Rica sounds like a beautiful location. I’m definitely drawn to warmer climates as someone who strongly dislikes winter, and you’ve described how I’d feel in an atmosphere like that. I didn’t even know there were climates like that until I learned about it in school. I thought it snowed and was gloomy everywhere, as someone who grew up in a gloomy area. I always wondered what it’d feel like growing up in a different part of the world.

The TBT will be distributed immediately! Thanks to everyone that participated. ⚡

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back