• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Bell Tree Direct - 7.3.22 - TBT Fair, Celebrating Diversity Results, and Board Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
tbtDirect20220703.png

We have a few new announcements for you today in our latest Bell Tree Direct! If this thread looks a little different to you, it's because it's actually an article thread, which is something we might continue to use here in The Bulletin Board going forward. For today's announcements, though, we're focusing mostly on events and the forum's board layout.

Celebrating Diversity Event Results

Starting with the conclusion of this year's Celebrating Diversity event, which recently ended! If you missed it, our event host @Chris will introduce this section with an explanation of how it worked.

Chris said:
Hi! Chris here. Our third annual Celebrating Diversity event, which ran June 19th - 26th 2022, tasked members with creating their own Animal Crossing villager in a way that represented themselves, with an emphasis on celebrating diversity and promoting inclusitivity. In addition to creative and meaningful designs, there were many fantastically written bios where users shared in-depth accounts of their experiences. We want to thank everyone for taking the time, and having the vulnerability, to put their true selves out there.

The community voted for their favorites and the top six, which are featured below, will receive an additional prize. However, many entries were close behind, so I strongly suggest checking them all out in the event thread if you haven't seen them yet! Without further ado, here are the entries that had the most votes in the end:

Good work, all of you, and everyone else who submitted your creative characters in celebration of diversity!

Coming Soon: The Bell Tree Fair 2022

We're excited to announce that our highly anticipated event, The Bell Tree Fair, is coming back this year! For those who may be new to the site in recent years, The Bell Tree Fair is our largest event, which has many different types of tasks to complete and prizes to win. Unlike most other TBT events, we will even have physical prizes to win in addition to the forum collectibles and other online items. This year's TBT Fair will take place from August 6th until September 4th.

We also give a unique theme to each TBT Fair. For example, slumber party in 2020, retro gaming in 2017, and summer evening in 2016. This year's Fair theme will be... Enchanted Forest!

enchantedForest.png

Let us know what you think!

Forum Layout and Board Changes

Moving on from events, we're also making major changes to several boards. After over two years since New Horizons released, it's time for a few things to be cleaned up to help things stay better organized.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf boards consolidated under the Animal Crossing category
1656909927875.png

Sadly, the time has finally come to lower the New Leaf flag. Maybe not lowered completely, but just a bit more obscured by the giant, high definition New Horizons one flying in front. All Animal Crossing: New Leaf boards will now be organized beneath the main one and moved to the top of the Animal Crossing category. Nothing will be removed, but The Train Station (AC:NL Online), Re-Tail, and Villager Trading Plaza will now be sub-boards under Animal Crossing: New Leaf.

Animal Crossing pattern boards combined into one per game
Instead of having two pattern boards for both New Leaf and New Horizons, we're combining them so that there's only one per game. The pattern gallery boards will be merged into the main pattern boards. All prefixes will stay the same, so you will now have two sets of prefixes when posting or sorting: pattern types and pattern trading.

New Neighbor Network now allows "looking for" threads
Our official "looking for" villager thread in the New Neighbor Network board was created to avoid a flood of threads looking for specific villagers. Now that villager trading has died down for New Horizons, we will close this thread and allow you to create your own threads for trading.

Nook's Cranny thread bumping time changed
Shortly after New Horizons came out, we realized that the Nook's Cranny board for item trading was far too active for our standard 4-hour bumping rule. However, we are now able to bring this back to the standard 4 hours used by the other New Horizons boards. This means that you should wait four hours or more before making another post to push your thread to the top of the list.

Pokémon Center, Smashville, Splat Zone boards removed and replaced with prefixes
1656909787626.png

Under Nintendo Treehouse, we've used these sub-boards for three of Nintendo's more popular game series on the forum other than Animal Crossing: Pokémon, Super Smash Bros, and Splatoon. However, we have now decided to merge these three separate boards back into the main Nintendo board and use prefixes instead. Prefixes allow us to keep all of these threads together in one place, but still organized by game. You can also click a prefix to filter only threads about that game.

More prefixes to be added
Beyond these three, we'll likely add prefixes for other popular games. Which games would you like to see with their own dedicated prefixes?

We've now merged the Nintendo boards back into a single one, but we'd also like to hear your thoughts about condensing the gaming section even further. Some time ago, Nintendo Treehouse and Gamers' Lounge existed together as one single gaming board. We'd like to hear what the community thinks: Should they be combined back together or left as is?

These changes may not be live as soon as this Direct is posted because we're still working on finalizing them.

Staff Changes

There's one more small announcement, this one related to our staff team. @Mairmalade, who has been a moderator for the last two years, will be switching roles to Project Staff. Thank you, Mairmalade, for all of your hard work moderating the forum and we look forward to seeing your friendliness and creativity continue in this role.

Free Bells!

It's been a while since we've given away free TBT Direct bells, but they're back today. You've earned them!!

tomNookBells.png
Click here to receive your 75 Bells!

And with that, we've come to the conclusion of July third's little, but still exciting, Bell Tree Direct. We look forward to seeing you at the upcoming TBT Fair!
And Happy Birthday, Oblivia!

Last edited:
I really enjoyed reading the entries to this event. I was eyeing this event from last year and was a bit disappointed I wasn’t able to participate in it. It ended just before I started becoming active again. The concept behind this event is very nice and I think you can learn a lot from people different from you. I would finally like to give a personal thank you to the staff for making this event not require New Horizons. I stopped playing and would have been unable to participate had the game been required.

Also, there’s an upcoming TBT Fair?? This will be my first fair, as well, so I’m very much looking forward to it. The consistency of these events is literally unreal.

Congrats to the winners of the Celebrating Diversity event! I loved seeing everyone's contribution to the event and finding out a little more about my fellow forum members!

Enchanted Forest themed TBT Fair! I literally squealed in real life when I read that. And to whoever drew that image with Fauna and Ione, it's gorgeous! I can't wait to see what kind of collectibles we'll get this year! 🌲🍄🌌

Congrats to the top voted entries for the diversity event, they're all so cute. I loved seeing everyone's unique designs. Looking forward very much to the fair as well, can't wait to see what enchanted forest collectables and prizes are available, always so exciting!

Last edited:
The diversity event was super nice!! I got to see a whole lot of representation and uniqueness in each entry, and all of the characters were well-made! As much as congratulations are nice, I don't think there's any real "winner" to the event; I think everyone did an amazing job with their villager! So... congratulations to everyone for being open about yourselves, really!

AND TBT FAIR HYPE LET'S GOOOO glowing moss collectibles? plant-based collectibles?? fairy-themed stuff??? I'm super hyped! As much as I love pastel collectibles, I've been DYING for some more "enchanting" collectibles, so I can't wait what's in store! Also physical prizes return 👀 hope we get lots of stickers and handwritten letters (and maybe secret stuff for upcoming collectibles like what they did for the eerie star potion)!

Lastly, happy birthday Oblivia! 🥳

Omggggg, congrats, @/skarmoury , @/Plume , @/Millysaurusrexjr , @/jadetine , @/moo_nieu , and @/Pintuition on being the six winners for the diversity event!!! I know all six of these members from reading their posts on the forums and interacting with them, and the entries they created are simply fantastic!! Well deserved winners. :giggle:

Another omg, Enchanted Forest TBT Fair??? Seems like this one will be right up my alley as a fan of the fantasy and forest genres in general. Very much looking forward to it!

The changes are all very nice. I would say, at least in my opinion, to keep the Gamer's Lounge and Nintendo Treehouse separate so there's not too many threads in one place, but that's just my opinion, so take it with a grain of salt. I'm also interested to hear what others think about that.

Also, congrats to @/Mairmalade for becoming a Project Staff member! I was so worried at first that she was joining the retired staff. please no, not yet... ;_;

And as always, thank you for the TBT!!! :D

Congratulations to the winners!

Looking forward to the Fair's return in August and I like the Enchanted Forest theme. Hopefully I can dedicate the time to get the most out of the event.

Would much prefer that Nintendo Treehouse and Gamers' Lounge remain separate. I can see some appeal in the idea of fusing them, but just for my part I prefer the way it's set up now; I agree with Venti about having too many threads in one area, it would feel too cluttered. The removal of the Pokémon Center, Smashville, and Splat Zone alone will take some getting used to after so long.

Happy Birthday, Oblivia!

Finally, thank you for the bells!

Congratulations to the winners! Very well done and deserved 💕

I am in awe with anything slightly enchanted. And the forest is my home.
I'm excited to be a part of this year's fair event! 💫 Awesome theme!

Thank you for the bells!! 💰

looks like I should buy me mario kart this month

also, grats to all the winners

btw, is anyone else wondering about the placement of jeremy's profile banner for the op? idr seeing things like that before
Post automatically merged:

oh, and of course a happy birthday to oblivia 🎉

DC08CD90-1C9C-4E12-97F5-E175281EE579.jpeg

HOO BOY, LOTS TO TALK ABOUT HERE.

first off, a huge congratulations to the celebrating diversity event winners!! everyone’s entries were all so unique and lovely to look through, and i’m really happy that some people enjoyed my entry as well! i may not have placed, but i definitely wasn’t expecting to receive 30+ votes when i submitted my entry, so thank you. 💓 despite the fact that i’m supposed to be on hiatus, i’m really glad that i participated and learnt more about my fellow tbt members!

the tbt fair is honestly my favourite tbt event (followed by the easter egg hunt —yes, some people actually like it, we exist LOL), so i’m very excited that it’s returning this year!! the enchanted forest theme sounds absolutely stunning, and i’m so excited to see all the events that’ll take place and the prizes!! new collectibles are always my favourite part of every event, and if @Laudine blesses us with some more plushies (or literally anything; their collectibles are god-tier 😭), i will peacefully die from happiness.

i’m feeling a bit bittersweet and nostalgic over the new leaf boards being consolidated, though tbh. this isn’t me complaining or anything!!, i just can’t believe it’s time already. like, new leaf really came out 9 (almost 10 for the japanese version) years ago, huh? that game is literally the reason i joined tbt in the first place, and idk.. i’m just feeling sentimental LOL.

and happy birthday @Oblivia!! i hope you had the most loveliest day today! 🥳🖤

edit: and thank you for the 75 tbt!!! <3

First off, congratulations to the winners! If anything, everyone who participated is a winner in my eyes. I absolutely loved the Celebrating Diversity event and enjoyed it much more compared to last year's edition. There's something much more special about seeing everyone's entries and making a villager based on ourselves. My heart was melting numerous times going through them (in fact, I was rereading the entries yet again a little while ago) and you should all be proud for having the courage to represent yourselves. 💙 It's pretty awesome to learn just a little more about the members around here, including the ones who also participated last year. Just goes on to show that the community can be pretty diverse on all walks of life and have different life experiences!

I've never participated in the TBT Fair before despite joining the forums back in 2018, so it's going to be my first time trying it out! I don't know what to expect, but I'm hoping to have lots of fun which is important to me. I also hope that I can finish my art project by then lol.

It's a little sad that the New Leaf section will be changed up a bit. I remember the times when that section of the forums was pretty active well before New Horizons was released. I personally think the Nintendo Treehouse and the Gamer's Lounge board should be left as is. I feel like the threads and other topics would get cluttered together and might possibly push out stuff that could be genuinely interesting to look at.

For a moment, I thought @/Mairmalade was gonna retire from the forums for good. I almost had a small scare reading that part, especially since she occasionally organizes friendlies sessions for MK8 and SSBU.

Also, happy b-day, Oblivia! And thanks for the free TBT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back