• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Bell Tree Direct - 3.20.21 - New Horizons' 1 Year and Coming Soon on TBT...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeremy

Staff
Administrator
Site Owner
Bells
Island
Númenor
Golden Watering Can
Red Pansy
White Pansy
White Pansy
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Rose
Purple Violet
White Lily
tbtDirect20210320.png

Good afternoon and welcome to our latest Bell Tree Direct. Today's Direct is a smaller one, but we have a few TBT teasers on this special day, the one year anniversary of New Horizons' release.

Animal Crossing: New Horizons Turns One

Animal Crossing: New Horizons is now a year old! Has it really been that long? While the COVID-19 pandemic has disrupted so many of our lives, New Horizons released at the perfect time to an offer an escape from the real world. Hopefully you've all found some peace on your new islands.

acnh.jpg

New Horizons quickly became the best selling game of the Animal Crossing series, which started about two decades ago. Some of us have been here from the beginning when the game was far less mainstream. A lot has changed since then. To those who have have joined with this New Horizons wave, welcome! We hope you've been liking the game and the forum so far!

For more 1-year anniversary discussions, check out the threads created by the community in the New Horizons board, such as the "share your fondest memories thread" and "your map: then vs. now."

Expressing Your Opinions as Passionate Fans

From before New Horizons was released and with each announced update, there have been some very passionate opinions expressed about the game. People are expressing their passion for Animal Crossing in different ways and sometimes this can clash. We would like to remind everyone to not get too carried away and remember that we all love Animal Crossing and want it to succeed!

While New Horizons still seems to be missing some content, it's a very polished and well-made game in other ways. It may not be a perfect game to all of us, but it has added huge features and the biggest graphics improvements of the series, while reaching the largest audience by far. Some players may be very defensive about their love for the game and are sick of criticism after each update. Others may see the criticism as a chance for Nintendo to notice and make the changes they'd like to see. These are very different approaches, but we are all fans and should all try our hardest to understand where other people are coming from. Animal Crossing: New Horizons is a great game, but we'd all still like to see Nintendo add some of these missing features! (I want gyroids.)

The Bell Tree Forums Survey March 2021

Last May we posted a survey about the game, trading in the game, and online communities. One of the questions asked how important you thought some of the features in the game would be to you in 2021. We are here with our follow-up survey, which will also ask about your overall opinions on how New Horizons has turned out after a year of updates.

Click here to go to the survey!

You'll get 30 bells for completing it, but please put only your username exactly as it's spelled at the end of the survey to be sure that the bells get to you. Thanks!

TBT's Theme Update: Coming Soon

For those of you who remember the previous version of the forum we moved from last year, we had a theme that constantly changed with the seasons and time of day. While a few other Animal Crossing websites cycle their look between the four seasons, we went to the next level by also changing from light to dark with day and night. As promised, season and time changing is coming back to our current version of TBT soon. However, this time we decided to go even further than before! Instead of four cycled seasons, we'll have twenty-four.

grass-preview.gif

In addition, day and night will slowly transition, so you may not even notice as it gets darker until you start to see the sun setting or the stars in the sky. We often like to go a little crazy with these projects at The Bell Tree, so we hope you'll enjoy it when it goes live... soon™️.

TBT's Easter 2021: Coming Soon

He's back! Zipper T. Bunny, one of TBT's greatest nightmare-inducing heroes/villains, unexpectedly visited us last Halloween and held another one of his (in)famous egg hunts on the forum after skipping it last Easter. Now the egg hunt is coming back to its original Easter date, so get ready for this two-day event on Saturday April 3rd and Sunday April 4th. We'll also be hosting a side event for Easter that will be starting a week from now on March 27th.

zippersback.png

Good luck!

St. Patrick's Day Raffle Winners

This past Wednesday we held a special collectible raffle for St. Patrick's Day. We're giving away 10 Spring Shamrock and 5 Kaleidoclover collectibles! As promised, the winners will now be announced!

161.jpg
307.jpg

Spring Shamrock Winners
_Donut_, Equity, Emolga59, piske, Bluelady, jadetine, kiwikenobi, onionboy98, mayor_christin, Ganucci

Kaleidoclover Winners
Jhine7, SarahSays, Aurita, sushicatlikesart, Oldcatlady

Congrats to our 15 winners and better luck next time to the other 200+ participants! Winners, check your inventories later tonight for the new collectibles. I'll also post an update in this thread once they are distributed.

Other Small Changes and Future Updates

An unwritten rule of the forum has now been made official. The following line has been added to the types of posts that aren't allowed under the post quality section: "Text that contains entirely non-English languages without translation." This is an English language forum and users and moderators may not know other languages, which is why we ask that all posts are written in English.

This Direct is just about wrapped up, but while we're talking about things coming soon to TBT, there are a couple of other updates on the horizon that we'll announce more details about in the future. First, we'll have a few staff changes to announce including open applications for new staff members and the replacement of our old "sages" group for retired staff. Our retired staff have been waiting for several months while this has been delayed for other projects like the upcoming theme updates we announced above. Thanks for being patient!

Another change in the coming months is that we'll be updating the forum software to XenForo 2.2 (from the current 2.1). This will change a few of the everyday forum tools you use like the text editor and it will also allow us to add a few new features. We'll post more information about this in the future, including the planned date since there will be some downtime while the update happens.

Shop Restock

Some of our regular, but rarer shop collectibles have been restocked! Check the Shop for freshly stocked fruit, flowers, the New Leaf "house" rune collectibles, and more. We will continue stocking a few more over the next day or two.

Free Bells!

Our TBT Direct forum bell giveaway is back! Click the link below to receive 50 bells for free. Feel free to use them towards anything you'd like, but the giveaway link will expire after one week.

Click here to receive your 50 Bells!
tomNookBells.png

We're glad you're all still here after a full year of New Horizons and we hope you'll enjoy these new features and events coming to The Bell Tree soon!

Last edited:
IM EXCITED FOR THE EGG HUNT YESSS
and tysm for the bells!!!! :blush:

Omg! Thanks so much for the restock! I’ve been wanting a chocolate cake collectible again for awhile! Also, thanks for the bells! 😍

Thank you for the bells! I'm excited for the new theme updates and the Egg Hunt! You all are doing a fantastic job!

me celebrating as soon as i saw this thread:

5203E2EF-FB5F-4924-B3CB-AF9E190455B3.jpeg

first off, a huge congrats to all of the raffle winners and another thank you to staff for hosting it! i’m also so, so pumped that themes will be returning soon! i’ve really missed seeing the day n night cycle and even after all these months, it’s still so jarring to see the daytime theme when i’m browsing the forums at like,, 3am 🤣. also i’m literally shaking at the thought of another egg hunt LMAO but i’m still excited and can’t wait to see what’ll be starting on the 27th, too!

also i’m literally losing my mind over the restock????? i’ve been here almost 6 years and i don’t think i’ve ever been active during a regular shop restock. :’o i’m broke as hell now but i managed to snag a peach and apple collectible, the last two fruit collectibles that i needed!! i’m super happy to be able to add them to my collection and am feeling super grateful! thank you for all that you do, tbt staff!! 🥺🎉

Last edited:
WOW! 24 different season cycles! I'm so excited for the banners time and season changing!

ALL HAIL ZIPPER!!!

I'm also really excited to see how the seasonal themes are going to look! Could we be live in time for cherry blossom season perhaps...

Also thanks for the free bells and congrats to the raffle winners!!

Sold out already? Ugh ;_;

Thanks for the bells though! I'll pass on the egg hunt like i do every year as last time i participated i got frustrated. 😅

Last edited:
How do you all get so fast to the shop and buy those collectibles, I swear all houses were already gone when I went there, please teach me your secret. At least I got a Chocolate cake, which is a nice addition to my other cakes.

Btw, I love the creepy Zipper art, this is just pure perfection. Also thanks for the bells!

Last edited:
Lots of exciting announcements here- thank you very much staff! Very excited to see the new banners and the shop restocks are great.

Last edited:
ah, i'm excited for the day/night cycle! i'm too 'new' a member to have been around when it was originally a thing, and it'll be nice to have a darker theme that doesn't blind me at night. (haha, no offense!)

both dreading and excited for the egg hunt. i think someone said the halloween one was the easiest version of the event so far, but i know a lot of people still found it incredibly difficult and got frustrated (myself included), so hopefully it's been made at least slightly easier once again this time. going to give it a shot either way if the collectibles involved are cute. we'll see whether or not i come to regret that choice lmao.

also thanks for the free bells!

Yay! Another Egg Hunt, I'm SUPER EGGCITED, even if I know I will feel despair, anger and frustration at some times 😆

daylight cycles and a new event in the same direct?? staff you spoil us you really do. super excited for everything!!

Thank you so much for restocking the shop's cherries and the free bells! I've thought about having a full line of cherries for a while since it's my favourite AC fruit, but never had the right opportunity to do so :)

Congratulations to all the winners!!
Thank you for the bells and shop updates and the opportunity to spread some love by filling out the survey ❤️

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back