Barbie vs. Oppenheimer

Barbie or Oppenheimer?

• Total voters
Barbie! I saw it and loved it omg— funny and unexpectedly thought-provoking. (Though I would have liked to see some thicc/chubby Kens.) Oppenheimer looks too serious and I’m not interested in science or bombs unless they’re bath bombs lol.

I did the Barbenheimer and honestly Barbie was much much better than Oppenheimer imo. Better visuals (I mean it’s no vibrant), better pacing, and better use of the cast. I got so confused on who was who since they just name drop scientists every other line. Cillian Murphy is great but he just has a dead eye stare most of the movie and that’s majority of the acting lol

Only seen Barbie. Honestly thought it would be bubblegum but it was just such a fun movie with a great background theme

Why are we bringing division into the house of Barbenheimer? They are inextricably linked.

But yeah, I dunno. I'm not watching either in the theater and am waiting for them to come to DVD/Blu-Ray or streaming to do my double feature of them. I feel like it would probably be better to watch Oppenheimer first and then watch Barbie afterward for the lighter mood and more upbeat nature.

i'll see both in not $40 extra expenses form

i would insert something pedantic and aloof so i can maintain my image and make sure everyone knows i'm educated enough to know that atomic weapons are a war crime, but everyone beat me

both are movies saying something about humanity so i'm interested in them. it's important to expose yourself to how the world sees itself because it has a lot to do with how the world behaves. literature teach mode off

I've not seen either films and will wait for them to be released on which streaming service they land on.

i like the comic relief that barbenheimer gave the internet, and part of me does feel like i'd have to be fair and actually watch oppenheimer (which i won't sorry lol i have absolutely no interest in seeing it) to be fair, but BARBIE SOLOS ALL YOUR FAVES WE STAN BARBIE. let the sale numbers speak for themselves, barbie's a queen!

So now that Ive seen both I can say, and update:

Both are great.

Barbie has a great message, and its alot of fun.But more so is that it stands out for being for everyone. Its message is for all genders, and its got really deep thenes while having a pink, fun flash of comedy. But lots that an older audiance would understand then a younger, which is why I think it did so well. Because its marketed towards everyone ♡ I also have several songs from the movie now on my playlist xD

Just saw Oppenheimer, its really good. Its told, and filmed in a way not many modern movies do now. Which was really surprising, and different. Really engaging how they told it. Im not a fan of bombs at all, but for how this movie is made, how its told and potrayed is very fascinating. Its very much worth the three hours. Also, thankfully doesnt feel like three hours. If anything, it does the opposite.

So watch both, very good in they're own way

Last edited:
Back