• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Labyrinth, anyone?

eeveelovee

🔮 Pokémon Master 🔮
Bells
Island
Ashlar
Yellow Balloon
Pink Balloon
February Birthstone (Amethyst)
Crystal Tree
I just wanted to open up a discussion about the movie LABYRINTH!

Me, it's one of my favourite movies of all time, only coming second to the Lion King lol!

I watched it for the first time in the late 90's, when my babysitter came over to watch me and my siblings one day. She had a VHS movie with her, called "Labyrinth" and she claimed it was an amazing movie! We began watching it and I soon discovered why she felt that way!

Looking back at my life, I believe it's pretty safe to say that Labyrinth set the tone for a lot of the interests I have in life. I was very young when I first watched the movie, and it was years before Harry Potter came out, so for me it was the first fantasy magical world that I was immersed into! This movie made me fall in love with the genre of FANTASY!

What about you? Have you seen it? What do you think about it/how did it influence you?

I haven't seen it but it was a movie I wanted to see as a kid.
I should see if it is on one of the streaming services sometime. It reminds me of movies like the neverending story or the dark crystal.
There is another odd movie that has a similar feeling but I forget what it was called. I just remember there was a creepy bird man that worked for an evil woman or man in it and a shiny city in the middle of an ocean of acid. The people were vain and obsessed about their clothing and beauty. It ran on public television a few times.

I guess it was the costumes and puppets of that time era used in movies that I kinda categorize together. I find it interesting.

I haven't seen it but it was a movie I wanted to see as a kid.
I should see if it is on one of the streaming services sometime. It reminds me of movies like the neverending story or the dark crystal.
There is another odd movie that has a similar feeling but I forget what it was called. I just remember there was a creepy bird man that worked for an evil woman or man in it and a shiny city in the middle of an ocean of acid. The people were vain and obsessed about their clothing and beauty. It ran on public television a few times.

I guess it was the costumes and puppets of that time era used in movies that I kinda categorize together. I find it interesting.
I only know about Neverending Story and Dark Crystal BECAUSE of people who were also fans of Labyrinth LOL! I haven't seen either movie, but they look so cool! Dark Crystal looks a bit creepy tbh tho lol I also am wondering what movie you're thinking of.. might google it! Sounds interesting!

Yess I love this film so much! Always HAVE to watch it whenever it happens to be playing on the TV, too. My family love it too, we randomly quote it quite a lot.

I've actually been to the park where the opening scene with the bridge is filmed, which was so cool!

Yess I love this film so much! Always HAVE to watch it whenever it happens to be playing on the TV, too. My family love it too, we randomly quote it quite a lot.

I've actually been to the park where the opening scene with the bridge is filmed, which was so cool!
My family and I quote it a lot, too! Our favourite is whenever we're telling each other if we ever need anything, before we hang up the phone, or walk out the door, we say, "Should you need us" before we leave or hang up lol! Also SUPER JEALOUS YOU GOT TO GO TO THE PARK!!

Yes, I love Labyrinth! I watched all those types of dark fantasy movies as a kid: Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, Neverending Story. And, of course, I still love them all.

Labyrinth stands out to me for the beautiful costumes, iconic imagery, and the music! With David Bowie as the star you know the music is going to be amazing!

I think the scene that stood out to me the most is the one with the Escher stairs. I wasn't familiar with the painting since I was so young and that concept was unbelievably cool to little me.

I love Labyrinth so much! I watched it for the first time about two years ago. I wish I'd seen it sooner and that it could've been a part of my childhood, I know it would've really resonated with me, but I never ended up crossing paths with it. I really wanted to watch some of the Jim Henson films I hadn't seen yet after watching the Dark Crystal age of Resistance show a while back and finally sought Labyrinth out. It was so fantastical and nostalgic even though I never saw it as a kid! The songs are so catchy, too.

The costumes are stunning, too. I love Sarah's dress in particular. (I have a weakness for shimmery ballgowns, haha.) I actually painted her in it kind of recently! 🤍
labyrinth.png

Back