• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

90s kids!

So much I could talk about the 90's, I don't even know where to begin, lol. I've been loving reading this thread :D there's so many commercials that will forever be embedded in my brain, lmao. hooked on phonics being one of them.

I had a Furby, too! My best friend gave me one for my birthday. I also remember helping my brother do chores around the house so he could get his own, and ours could be friends. IIRC mine's name was Me-La (May-la? Hard to remember). Although I found it endearing for the longest time, eventually I got a bit creeped out by it randomly talking and stuffed it in a closet. 😅 I remember having it when I moved, but I assume I must have given it away eventually. Feel kinda bad about it!

does anyone remember Stick Stickly from Nickelodeon?

stickstickly.png

I was obsessed with him as a child. No clue why. But I recreated his glory (or attempted to) onto a popsicle stick, and hosted many talk shows. Good times.

Last edited:
They had vending machines, but you weren't allowed to use them lol. Whenever someone would use the machine some teacher would just take it and probably eat it.
Well, then what's the point of having them? 🤦‍♀️

They could have gotten rid of them or moved them to a teacher's lounge if they didn't want students using them.

Well, then what's the point of having them? 🤦‍♀️

They could have gotten rid of them or moved them to a teacher's lounge if they didn't want students using them.
My assumption on reading that was that they probably meant for them to be stored in such a place, but didn't have room there, so they just put them in the hallway or some place and for some reason expected people outside of staff to use them.

Alternatively, they're running the greatest scam ever conducted, and we should all be impressed at their entrepreneurial genius.

^ It's actually weird to think that Barney has basically become culturally irrelevant. For as inexplicably famous--as well as infamous--as he was in the 90's and even early 2000's, it's interesting that he just more or less completely disappeared from public consciousness and nobody even noticed.

1699251227832.png

This must have been how it felt when Goku defeated King Piccolo only to discover his even more powerful reincarnated offspring would come back to haunt him three years later.

Since I'm more of a late 90's and the entire 2000's kid, I might just share my part.

Back then, I didn't grew up with Nintendo systems in the 90's as my first Nintendo console is at the early to mid 2000's.

Instead, I have Sega Genesis and Playstation 1. Sega Genesis is well known for the 16 bit era and Sonic. But I didn't play Sonic games back in the day. Playstation was basically all the rage compared to the N64 and it's the dominant console back in the day. Everyone wanted a PlayStation 1 because of the full 3d graphics. I also remember the VHS rental shops back at the late 90's.

I definitely remember the vhs and cassette tapes, really difficult to maintain and the quality of the cassettes had lower sound quality compared to CD's.

I used to also watched Sesame Street tapes along with Barney tapes as a little kid. But, I like Sesame Street (well, the classic one) more because of puppets and puppetry.

Last edited:
Since I'm more of a late 90's and the entire 2000's kid, I might just share my part.

Back then, I didn't grew up with Nintendo systems in the 90's as my first Nintendo console is at the early to mid 2000's.

Instead, I have Sega Genesis and Playstation 1. Sega Genesis is well known for the 16 bit era and Sonic. But I didn't play Sonic games back in the day. Playstation was basically all the rage compared to the N64 and it's the dominant console back in the day. Everyone wanted a PlayStation 1 because of the full 3d graphics. I also remember the VHS rental shops back at the late 90's.

I definitely remember the vhs and cassette tapes, really difficult to maintain and the quality of the cassettes had lower sound quality compared to CD's.

(We don't talk about Barney though..The Peppa pig or Dora of the 90's. Use to like him as a little kid but looking back, it's kind of a part of your childhood that you don't want to talk about.)
Sega was my absolute favorite console after the origional nintendo. Sonic was my obsession! I had all the games and played them constantly. I remember how hard it was to beat a game because you literally had to leave your game on all the time unless it had a code to get back into it. I also had PS1, but Sega Genisis was where it was at for me throughout my childhood. I was born in 88, so late 90's I was certainly still a young nerdy little kid XD.

Sega was my absolute favorite console after the origional nintendo. Sonic was my obsession! I had all the games and played them constantly. I remember how hard it was to beat a game because you literally had to leave your game on all the time unless it had a code to get back into it. I also had PS1, but Sega Genisis was where it was at for me throughout my childhood. I was born in 88, so late 90's I was certainly still a young nerdy little kid XD.
I've grown to love the music of Sega Genesis looking back years later. Thankfully, there's loads of videos on YouTube that preserve the OST's of Sega Genesis and PlayStation 1 games.

Going to the video game place and renting a video game was one of the most awesome things for me as a kid, I would spend like half an hour in there just looking through all of the games. I used to get to go get a game on a weekend as a treat and they would do like a 2 night deal and I would just play my game all weekend long lol. I LOVED the lion king game for Sega so much I bought it for my switch just for the nostalgia. I also bought all the old Sonic games so I could have all again. I love being able to just go through Sonic 2 like I own it and beat it in like 20 minutes lol. Some games back then were better IMO. Even like, PS2 with Spyro, and Crash. I got those ones for switch as well lol. I wish they would do Ratchet and Clank, man those games were super fun! The sound effects still ring in my ears of all the bolts flying around when I think about them.

I have a blog dedicated to this:

So, my entire blog would be my response to this thread, LOL but one thing that I will forever love that I loved in the 90s was SAILOR MOON 💜

Back