• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

90s kids!

nelgoss

Bells
Fellow 90's kids! Lets chill and talk about all things 90s! Reminisce about the old times and how good life was back in the day! What was your favorite snack that they don't make anymore? What was your favorite toy that was discontinued or even maybe banned for being "unsafe" lol. what was your favorite video game? What was your favorite music that is no longer relevant? What was your favorite TV show? What was school like for you? Which "social group" did you belong to if any? How was your childhood? What specific 90's useless gadgets do you remember owning? What terrible fashions were you wearing? What hairstyle were you sporting? What has changed good or bad? Chat about whatever you like!
Post automatically merged:

One of my favorite things to play with was barbies, I had SO MANY of them, like.... The entirety of underneath my bed was full of barbies. I had a Barbie delux dream house, A Jeep, A regular car, an entire Barbie grocery store set, and more. I played when them until I was like 16! lol I am pretty anti social and I spent a lot of time by myself in my room so I suppose it is what it is, Honestly I'd hoped that if I had a kid that it was a little girl so I could play with them again lol.. ( I ended up never having any kids tho lol)

Last edited:
Butterfly clips! Sky Dancers! N64! This bad boy:
Nintendo-Game-Boy-Color-FL.jpg

Oh, the nostalgia...

I was a baby so I don't really remember?
However, I found out what my childhood plush cat actually once was. My parents removed all the electronic parts when it stopped working so it's unrecognizable now.
images (3).jpeg

They're apparently called Playtime Kitties and were made by Tyco.

Butterfly clips! Sky Dancers! N64! This bad boy:
View attachment 517412
Oh, the nostalgia...
I had a sky dancer and I was playing with it outside, and my dog got a hold of it and chewed her face off! I was mortified lol. Still played with it after that, it was kinda creepy lol.

I had the green gameboy and my first game was the Origional Mario. I loved that thing , I had the little light you plugged on the side also that barely worked and just glared the screen lol.

I wore butterfly clips.... once... didn't work for me lol.

I was a baby so I don't really remember?
However, I found out what my childhood plush cat actually once was. My parents removed all the electronic parts when it stopped working so it's unrecognizable now.
View attachment 517433
They're apparently called Playtime Kitties and were made by Tyco.
I had that as well lol! Super cool

I had a few Skydancers, as well. Never realized they were dangerous until much later. I never had any mishaps with them. I remember watching a TV show about them as well. It was pretty cool. I had a whole bunch of butterfly clips, too.

First thing that popped up in my head: A few friends from the block and I would sit on the roof of my friend's house all trading Pokemon cards. I miss the OG cards--though I still have all of mine. There was something so awesome about being 6 and having my Grandma take me to the local card shop and just gazing through the glass at all the holographics. Even better when she'd buy me one (or more).

And just Pokemon in general. Playing Pokemon Yellow, Silver, and eventually Crystal were all huge points in my childhood. It was huge at my elementary school. If we got free time in the classroom, we'd all bust out our GBC's and battle or trade. It was just a different feeling from doing everything through Wifi now.

I have so much nostalgia for the 90's and early 2000's. Up until 2010 was the best era for video games.

First thing that popped up in my head: A few friends from the block and I would sit on the roof of my friend's house all trading Pokemon cards. I miss the OG cards--though I still have all of mine. There was something so awesome about being 6 and having my Grandma take me to the local card shop and just gazing through the glass at all the holographics. Even better when she'd buy me one (or more).

And just Pokemon in general. Playing Pokemon Yellow, Silver, and eventually Crystal were all huge points in my childhood. It was huge at my elementary school. If we got free time in the classroom, we'd all bust out our GBC's and battle or trade. It was just a different feeling from doing everything through Wifi now.

I have so much nostalgia for the 90's and early 2000's. Up until 2010 was the best era for video games.
I feel this 100% I was so into Pokémon, I still am but to a lesser extent. I still have all my OG cards as well, so so so many! I have all kinds of cards, Japanese cards, German cards, tons of Holos, I still love to look at them I can spend a ton of time just reading then and appreciating them. I never really got into the card game but I collected. I had tons of VHS of Pokémon as well as some DVDS later on, plushies, toys, games, you name it. Today, I still play the new version of Pokémon Snap from time to time as well as Pokémon GO on my phone.

I was born in 93 so I only experienced 7 years of the 90s. I have a nice little meme that perfectly sums up my life tho if anyone is interested
lol me and that possum have a lot in common XD

My mother used to cut my hair and force me to have short boy hair with crooked baby bangs most of my childhood! UGH! It was terrible. On top of that, I had to wear turtle necks, and those pants with the stirrup things on the bottom that hooked around your foot!!!! ALSO ... lace top socks! OH MY, not cute! Fashion has come a long way sense then but I feel its gotten a bit out of control, and now I am seeing stuff from my childhood and teenage years trying to make a comeback, No thanks.

Last edited:
born in the 90's so didn't get to experience the best of the era but a large chunk of my childhood was cassette tapes that we listened to on this bad boy:

il_fullxfull.1693573786_evrh.jpg

miss that for me. I think I accidentally recorded over one of my tapes with my terrible singing.

born in the 90's so didn't get to experience the best of the era but a large chunk of my childhood was cassette tapes that we listened to on this bad boy:

miss that for me. I think I accidentally recorded over one of my tapes with my terrible singing.
WOW!!! I had forgotten about this gem. I had this as well! I remember thinking it was so cool that I could record myself lol. Oh how times have changed, I don't even want to listen to my own voice lol.

Hey everybody, what about this guy?

furb2.jpg

Oh!! I had one of those. I don't remember what color it was, though.
I remember recording me singing some dumb song about my Neopets and also for some reason trying to record the audio from a Digimon VHS tape I got from my local library, hahaha. I haven't seen the tape in forever, though. No idea what happened to it.

I also had Furbys! My mom donated them to Goodwill though after I kept having nightmares. I miss them.

Oh!! I had one of those. I don't remember what color it was, though.
I remember recording me singing some dumb song about my Neopets and also for some reason trying to record the audio from a Digimon VHS tape I got from my local library, hahaha. I haven't seen the tape in forever, though. No idea what happened to it.

I also had Furbys! My mom donated them to Goodwill though after I kept having nightmares. I miss them.
haha that's great! They were pretty creepy when they glitched! I would just take out the batteries in mine because he would randomly wake up! You just woke my soul when you said Neopets! LOL Holy moly I forgot all about them but I was so so so so into that for the longest time. I was so mad when my account got banned because I had another account and was using it to spin the wheels and get more money sending all the cool stuff to my one account lol. I remember going to the giant omelet every day and being so excited to see what flavor I got. XD

SOCK 'EM BOPPERS! SOCK 'EM BOPPERS!! 🎵🎶🥊🥊 More fun than a pillow fight! Just lace 'em up, get ready to fight!!

I miss being able to go to the grocery store and buy Skittles for 50 cents, and with a dollar like, 20 pieces of candy because they were a nickel each 😂 that was my after school treat every day with pocket change.

Gaming and cartoons were way better, too, extending throughout the 2000s. Nowadays games and cartoons are too soft and safe.

SOCK 'EM BOPPERS! SOCK 'EM BOPPERS!! 🎵🎶🥊🥊 More fun than a pillow fight! Just lace 'em up, get ready to fight!!

I miss being able to go to the grocery store and buy Skittles for 50 cents, and with a dollar like, 20 pieces of candy because they were a nickel each 😂 that was my after school treat every day with pocket change.

Gaming and cartoons were way better, too, extending throughout the 2000s. Nowadays games and cartoons are too soft and safe.
I agree with you there on the cartoons especially. Some of these new ones I am like WTF is this?! and all the youtube nonsense, Just trash 🗑️ I don't ever wonder why kids aren't the same in this generation as in ours... lol.

Hello my fellow middle aged peeps!

I remember wanting this soooo bad as a kid:

View attachment 518651

I never got one but I thought it was tight! people still say tight right? lol
I don't think so, lolol. My brother probably had this, I remember it. I remember it being pretty messy and potentially a fire hazard! They'd never bring that back, kids these days do not have the level of common sense we did. XD

I had one of these and learned about life and death, at least for the Giga pet (I had the monkey, dog and a regular cat).
(also One Saturday Morning..oh how I miss you.)

Also, Also, this is was around the time when I started writing stories. But at the time I had no clue what I was writing then were 'fanfics'. lol

Last edited:
Back