• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Bad News :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyler

Retired Staff
Bells
Cake
Well guys I have semi bad news...

Okay all bad news... :no:

My parents said I'm only allowed on the computer AND video games for an hour a day until I actually keep my room clean and pull my grades up a tad bit. So I'm going to be in a little bit of an inactive state... Maybe I'll read a book or something. >_>

Don't you just hate procrastination? It's the leading cause of kids getting grounded in the US. But yeah, we're kids, we're not big fans of keeping your room clean. And grades are just numbers with no numerical value whatsoever (I'm kidding of course.) But anyway, hope you get out of this inactive state!

Yea my room isn't a problem but it's more of the grades. I should be back with normal activity in a month since I have a major project that could pull up my grades to what my parent's want them to be.

Stay in school, don't drop out, OCM. Staying in school is much more important than videogames and using the computer.

More seriously, sucks to hear this, and best of luck getting your grades back up. Also, every now and then, use your hour of fun, then later that evening say you have a project to do on the computer.

:D

I honestly think that that kind of punishment hardly works... rather than limiting what you do in your free time they should make you do homework and study for a set period of time.... I always thought that would work better because honestly when my parents tried that on me I started doing more of the other none electronic time wasting things, which includes but is not limited to riding my bike, reading a book, juggling, making models (out of legos of course) , and ummm just other random things... <_< never really got to my school work any more than when I was allowed on electronic things... so I thought it was kinda pointless.

DarthGohan1 said:
Stay in school, don't drop out, OCM. Staying in school is much more important than videogames and using the computer.
You did not just say that

:eek: BAN THE NON BELIEVER

Yeah, so like I read in this one thing that came home from school about how parents can raise their kids and stuff and they said 2 hours of "screen time" every day (comp, tv, etc.) I think that's a boatload of crap. Hopefully you keep your room clean enough and your grades high enough so that you can come here more often :).

I know I've had problems like that but not with grades just not getting things in on time but I'm striving to fix that and so far I've doing great now all I need to do is fix my sleeping habits.. Sleep helps you perform at your optimum best also do not lie to your parents and say your doing school work when you really aren't your parents trust you and it's best to keep that trust

;)

OddCrazyMe said:
Well guys I have semi bad news...

Okay all bad news... :no:

My parents said I'm only allowed on the computer AND video games for an hour a day until I actually keep my room clean and pull my grades up a tad bit. So I'm going to be in a little bit of an inactive state... Maybe I'll read a book or something. >_>
Wow, sounds like my life. Good luck with it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back