• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Nintendo closing 3DS online servers

I'm pretty sure there's no distinction between "online" and "offline" items because I think I remember quite well finding a silver axe in my souvenir shop and also a white wetsuit. Basically in all the guides it is specified that if you join the Tortimer Club for 50 medals, from that moment will appear on your island the exclusive items of Club Tortimer, but you don't need online to join🙂
Obviously they are rarer items and therefore the possibility of visiting other islands increased the probability of seeing them, but with all the hacker cases I have heard (including a recent one reported on Reddit) I think in general it's better not to go there. The best thing remains to invite friends to your town and go with them to your island
I was against going to Club Tortimer from the beginning. Even before we had hackers, we had spoiled brats who would engage in cyberbullying against people who worked hard to get their stuff.

I wanted to get my badge from the dream suite before they close the servers but it seems that I experience the "no more internet acnl" sooner than I expected. My 3DS doesn't see my modem anymore, I see the whole neighborhood wifi but not mine, I tried to reset it, nothing worked.
I found the solutions proposed on the official Nintendo website, I'm not good with this stuff but I hope they can help you if you haven't already seen them!

https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/665/~/unable-to-find-a-wireless-access-point#:~:text=Possible%20solutions,is%20compatible%20with%20your%20system.

I found the solutions proposed on the official Nintendo website, I'm not good with this stuff but I hope they can help you if you haven't already seen them!

https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/665/~/unable-to-find-a-wireless-access-point#:~:text=Possible%20solutions,is%20compatible%20with%20your%20system.
Thank you! It worked!
Post automatically merged:

I was against going to Club Tortimer from the beginning. Even before we had hackers, we had spoiled brats who would engage in cyberbullying against people who worked hard to get their stuff.
Oh yes the spoiled brats! Once someone cursed at me and said "GIVE ME ALL YOUR BELLS!" or what? Going to hit me with that rod?
Most of the time there was nobody when I was going, I met hackers twice a long time ago but they were rather nice, they gave me cider. I wouldn't go now, way too scary.

Last edited:
i bought NL maybe 2 years ago, since i started out with NH and wanted to see the difference between the first two games. i never got far in NL, but it makes me sad knowing it's just been sitting on my 3ds this whole time and now the online bit of it is being discontinued before i even really got to experience it.

nintendo discontinuing online stuff for the 3ds makes me really sad just as a whole though, because it was my childhood and i have so many memories of just being on it for hours and hours on end. but i guess that's life

I forgot to ask the other day, but how exactly will StreetPass and things like the HHA displays on Main Street be affected?

I forgot to ask the other day, but how exactly will StreetPass and things like the HHA displays on Main Street be affected?
Streetpass will remain unaffected as it is a local service that doesn't require the online servers. The HHA displays will still function as normal as well.

I hope we can still go to the island, as long as the club Tortimer thing isn't involved.

We can still go to the island after the shutdown, I just tried that with the Wi-Fi turned off.

As for Club Tortimer, I'm not so sure yet.

Last edited:
So dream addresses will affected as well?

I dunno how you get balloons in Newleaf, its been so long, but i have access to all the balloons if anyonre needs them before next April.
i was able to display them in a house via streetpass on an old new leaf file.

edit: sorry didn't see you mention the dream suite

damn i really liked visiting dream addresses. now have to try and find them before April.
Its so sad, because i had wanted to show off my towns, but they're no where near ready ;_: the only way would be videoing it, if i dont have time to get my town ready by april.

So dream addresses will affected as well?

I dunno how you get balloons in Newleaf, its been so long, but i have access to all the balloons if anyonre needs them before next April.
i was able to display them in a house via streetpass on an old new leaf file.

edit: sorry didn't see you mention the dream suite

damn i really liked visiting dream addresses. now have to try and find them before April.
Its so sad, because i had wanted to show off my towns, but they're no where near ready ;_: the only way would be videoing it, if i dont have time to get my town ready by april.
This is my biggest bummer with the shutdown as well. I just restarted last year, and have been slowly making my town how I want it. I was so exited to put it out into the Dream Address sea and have people stumble upon it...
Well, I guess I'll put it up in March and show what I have at least.
I'd love to visit yours whenever you think they'd be ready to show!

This is terrible... I wonder too what'll happen to Miitopia and if it'll still be able to cycle through Miis to keep the game going... ;w;

i was hoping itd stay up longer than that but i guess not… time to revisit my fave dream towns before theyre lost forever T-T
i also literally bought a h*cked 3ds a few years ago in the hopes of making my own cool town but i never got to it since i never have time! i wonder if i can still do it..

Had to come back to belltreefoums to post finally lol. NL is my favorite game of the series, I gave NH a really good try a few times, and while I like it, it just lacks the charm that NL has. Sad to see online will be going. Modders could make it online again but yeah it will be limited and probably not the same.

oh this is really unfortunate. i had a lot of memories from online and trading here! i should try to at least do some before its closed

this is so sad to me. and i was getting nostalgic to play new leaf again for the first time in many years.

This makes me super upset.. Like when they shut down the online services for the older generation Pokemon games. :^/

I will miss playing with my buddies online and running my shop from time to time ;;

Back