• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Are you playing in the current date? Im currently in March!

I am in August of 2016. Ha, ha, ha! Yes, got bored, so have been playing sometimes 2 days at a time. Or just tting.

I'm playing on the actual date in my main town ~ which I don't TT.

My alt town is currently on the 17th of December 2013. I let that fall behind and then if I feel like TTing or have nothing more to do with my main town on one day but want to keep playing I TT my alt a day at a time. ~ but I never go past the real date, so it's always behind.

And my cycle town is in May 2024. xD I TTed a day at a time to cycle previously, and just recently went through to get the zodiac set and then done weeding day with the weeds that that spawned. :p Now I'm over 10 years into the future.

I'm always on the current date.

No matter how much I TT, I always go back to the exact time and date. Honestly don't see a point in TT'ing years ahead or to special events because then I won't get to experience them properly, same with the seasons. I started the game in summer so it's nice to see the progression through Spring. I never TT forward more than 2 days, and try and keep it to one if I can. I think the only time I used up 4 days or something through TT'ing was to get Gracie, and I lost Zell. Then I had Maple already moving so I TT'd a tone to get the QR machine on my second character. So, now I have all my dreamies, the only reason I'd TT is for house upgrades, faster tree growth, and to skip backwards to do days that I haven't been on.

I'm halfway through December in my game. I missed three months so I went back and picked them up instead of having my village go to seed. It's a little sad being so far behind in terms of special events, but I didn't loose any of my favorite villagers at least!

I TT all the time, but just to speed things up, like deliveries, PWPs, greenery growth, store stock, etc. I like to stay in the same season and around the same date as real time though, so I always just TT around the real day and go back and forth from it.

Me too

Nope. I registered it to January 1, 2014 because I find it a lot easier to track my progress and how many days I've played on it. It's also more "official" for me that it starts in the beginning of the year. I don't time travel, however. I just let it play out according to the virtual date vs the actual date in real time.

Another reason was when I put it on real-time date and the holidays came along, I'd miss out on each events in the virtual world cuz I'd be too busy celebrating the holidays in the real-world...which would really piss me off. >_<"

Here's my 1st day :D
2ypam9h.jpg

I play day by day with no time traveling just feels like it would ruin the game for me so i stay away from doing it but am not against it.

man i wish i could TT to march or something to get the snow out of here
but i love most of my villagers, and i dont want them to leave me ;~;
i do TT a lot, though, just only by either a few hours, or a day at the most

My main town is on a regular schedule/date, while my extra town is constantly being TTed in for cycling, hybrid-breeding etc.

I'm at the current date in my town.

I TT'ed a lot since I had set ups for dreamiest so I had to get rid of unwanted villager so I did the 2 days forward then over and over till the ones I didn't want to ping Ozzie took forever to leave I am not planning on TTing now that I have all my dreamiest now :) I only TT to move back the time a few hours when I am playing late at night and certain stores I want to use are closed :)

I've never time travelled in New Leaf but I used to all the time in City Folk. I might startes time travelling again because I'm bored of winter.

I TT forward, usually to catch up to current day--although it hardly ever happens, ha. (I go through days or weeks where I can't really play at all.) But if it's a Saturday or Sunday, I'll TT to 8pm or 10am to catch KK Slider and Joan, respectively.

Last edited:
Current date c: I TT'ed omce one day and felt awful so went back right away. No judgement to timetravelers of course! it just isn't my way of playing. :,)

Current date -- I'm being good and not planning on TTing, but I thought the same with wild world so we'll see how long I last !

I don't want to TT. But if I were to get a second copy of the game, then I would time travel on that copy.

Back