• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Are you invisible?

Do you have your online status visible?

• Yes, and my current activity is shown.

Votes: 10 16.7%
  • Yes, but my current activity is not shown.

Votes: 18 30.0%
  • No. Nobody needs to see what I’m doing.

Votes: 32 53.3%

• Total voters

Croconaw

アリゲイツ
Bells
I personally have my online status turned off. I don’t see a point in having it on.

I’m pretty sure most people are invisible, but let’s see what the poll says.

Both of mine are off and I also keep my statuses turned off most of the time on any sites that allow it. I like having that level of privacy. I understand how it could be useful if you are trading with others frequently, though.

Yeah, I don't generally want or care for people to know when I'm online. Not like it matters anyway, given how often I post on this site.

I don't mind other users seeing that I'm online, but I don't show my current activity. I don't want people to see when I'm reading through every post in a thread. For the longest time I was wondering why I could still see "Viewing thread [insert thread]" when I clicked on my username and questioned if the feature actually worked.

I prefer that people can't see when I'm online or what I'm looking at. I will however frequently check to see someone's activity while I'm waiting for them to make trades. Sometimes it's really helpful for planning out the order of who I let in my town to make things go more smoothly.

I think I'm set to invisible, yeah.

The thing is, my settings are whatever I had when I joined two or three years ago. I left this place, but upon rejoining I didn't bother to go through them again.

I don't mind if others see if I'm online lol. Makes trades easier.

People can see both my online status and current activity. I don't care enough to turn them off - I can't imagine what harm could come from someone seeing I'm online. No shade to people who have turned them off - you're probably thinking of something I'm not lol

I don't mind people seeing when I'm online and I only recently turned off my current activity. I never thought about it until I hosted the reindeer event at Christmas and realized it probably wouldn't be good if you all could see which threads I was in right before I posted the clues.😉

Yes, I'll always make myself invisible whenever the option presents itself on a website/app, and TBT is no exception. It makes things easier on me if people don't know when I'm online, since that way there's less pressure on me to do things and I can more easily lurk as necessary.

I don't really feel like it's necessary for me to go invisible, especially if my friends are online, but I turned off it showing my activity because it's kinda weird having it show what thread you're reading or if you're looking at private messages.

• ⏪
Reactions: Doo
I don’t care if people see that I’m online. I don’t show what I’m doing, but not for any reason really.

I kept my online status visible because when I joined this site it was mostly for trading and I do still find it really useful for trades. I do hide my current activity though. What am I hiding?
The amount of times I'm reading my own posts and profile 😅

eul6n5osqja81.jpg

I don’t mind having it on. I’ve never hidden it. I find it useful when trying to coordinate with people. Sometimes I get busy mid coordination and people can see that I’ve just gone offline instead of just ignoring them.

I respect those that prefer to be invisible though. You do you.

Edit: didn’t realize I can turn off what I’m doing. That I might just do.

Edit edit: huh I guess I’ve had what I’m doing turned off this whole time well then haha.

I'm visible, I don't mind if people can see I'm online and think it's useful if I'm doing a trade or something. I think I turned my activity off though because having it on made me feel so exposed. Especially because sometimes I go back and read my posts from years ago

I'm most surprised with how even this poll seems to be. I thought for sure the invisibles would win by a landslide, but we're practically even as of this post.

I always hide my activity and online status whenever a site lets me. People definitely don't need to see me read the same post seven times lol, and having my online status hidden does a lot to lessen my anxiety. Sometimes I struggle to convey my thoughts through text, so I like when I can take as long as I need to respond to something. Also why I'm not good at Discord If I need to respond to somebody who's online and they can see me online, I get v flustered if I start taking "too long" to reply to them ;w;

Back