• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Favorite unicode whitespace character?

Favorite whitespace?

• No-break space (same thickness as a space but is unaffected by word wrap)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Punctuation space (pretty self explanatory)

• en space (aka en Quad. A space the width of 1 en)

• en space (aka en Quad. A space the width of 1 en) em space (aka em Quad. A space the width of 1 em.

• 3/4/6 - per em spaces (A space the width of 3, 4, or 6 ems. No, there is no 5 em space.)

• Another space that's the width of a character or symbol in another language (Ogham, CJK, etc.)

• iNeverUseWhiteSpaceCharactersBecauseITypeInCamelCase

• Total voters

Zinnia.

spinning in and out of sight
Bells
Magic Red Rose
Yellow Rose
Purple Hybrid Rose
Orange Hybrid Rose
Purple Hybrid Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Flimsy Watering Can
Yellow Rose
Purple Violet
I'm running out of thread ideas..
I personally like the space, figure space and hairspace.

edit- oops!! I made a mistake on the em space poll option. It shouldn't have the description for en space in front of it. I can see how that could be confusing but they are two entirely different things. Sorry! It won't let me change it now :|

This is such a specific thread which I absolutely adore. From a programmer perspective I will have to go with my lovely line break, which is a represented as “\n” in a string.

Back