• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Are you comfortable with your current weight?

???

• Total voters
NO, i would like to lose at least like 18 pounds, i know i'm not overweight or anything but i don't feel good looking at myself in the mirror anymore so i'm making changes recently

I'm comfortable with my weight, and I'd say if I were 10-20 pounds heavier, I'd still be ok with it. I'm about 5'6", and about 120-130 lbs. if anything, I'm trying to gain a bit more muscle. With that being said, growing up, most of my friends were thinner than me, and therefore considered me fat :v But just because someone is thinner than you doesn't mean you're fat :)

I'm not comfortable with my current weight I'm 5'2 118 pounds I'm trying to loose 5 pounds

Last edited:
no, i hate my body. i wish i could skin myself and just not exist.
i don’t have a scale currently so I can’t name exacts, but i’m probably about 120-135 pounds. I’m 5’4 and i just can’t stand it.
i have very broad hips (which i will never love, let alone like) and they just gain so much weight. i always have a muffin top because of this, and because my thighs thin out (honestly wish those would get bigger if it meant it’d even out how my hips look) but i’d be happy maybe if i lost 20-30 piunds.

I'm okay with my weight, but I don't think my fat sits very flatteringly on me. I'm flabby in my arms and legs, and that bothers me. My weight fluctuates from 97 to 105 a lot with little change in my appearance, but I can feel it when my thighs touch. I don't have a thigh gap but the middle part of my thighs don't always touch. If I could lose the fat, that'd be great.

I don't think I ever will be - skinny or putting on some weight unfortunately.
it's something I am battling through, though シ

I probably shouldn't be. It surely wouldn't hurt if I lost about 30 kgs, convert that to pounds if you dare lol. I'm neutral about it really, I've wasted enough time worrying about weight. Maybe one day I'll fix it, who knows.

Very much so! Skinny with a bit of a chub! Totally cute. (I think I'm at 44kg/97lbs). I used to be at 35kg/77lbs. I hated how light I was! I get blown by a gust of wind! Ridiculous!

I'm not happy with my weight but im feeling better about it than i used to. I have wide hips and thighs but am smaller on top which I've always been self conscious about and would wear baggy clothes to hide myself. Over the past 6 months I've started wearing clothes that are a better fit for me. I've realised everyone comes in all shapes and sizes and they all look beautiful so why cant I?

I wouldn't say so. Up until I was 18 I was actually considered underweight on the BMI chart and there were occasions where people would call me anorexic, but in the last 5 years I've put on quite a bit of weight, mainly as a result of 40 hour a week jobs sat in the same place for 8 hours each day. I lost most of it while traveling last year, but since I've come home it's returning. I don't believe I'd be considered overweight now, and I wouldn't want to be underweight again, but I'd still like to lose some.

As long as everyone is at a weight that is considered healthy, they should be fine with it. If someone is way borderline under/overweight to the point of it being morbidly so, that's when some changes should take place. If you're happy with that though, it's all up to the person.

Nope not at all, cause I'm about 82 pounds over weight. Glad it's not higher but still not happy with it.

I'm comfortable but I would like to shed a little weight. I'm 5'4/162.6cm and I weigh 71.2kg/158lb.

I think I'm around 60 pounds, and I'm happy with that. I'm more unhappy with how I'm nearly an adult yet look 8 years old hnssnksk

You?re 4 stone? Dude (not being rude please don?t think I am!) you?re severely underweight :(

Tbh, no. But i'm trying to do something about it because of that, i'm not going on any extreme diets or anything of the like, though. Just trying to eat smaller portions.

It worries me how many of you have a very similar weight to height ratio as me, if not a little taller or lighter, and are really unhappy with yourselves. I have weight anxiety but have people in my life to remind me that no one sees me as fat (looking tight but in a wearable way in the second smallest dress size is not a good metric!!) and I'm in an ideal space functionally. I hope you all can find people like that here. : (

I don't know you though, and for me it's a lot easier to keep perspective (but still hard and I frequently slip up) because I got thrust into a homemaker position early and am mostly socializing through shopping and general functions - I tend to be the smallest adult around. If you're in a social bubble of people the same age, gender and body type as you with the same anxieties I recommend trying to expand, even in this superficial "go outside" way I have. (It can feel gross at first...sometimes I'll think something nasty and irrational like "if I keep going to X I'll start looking like that" but give yourself time to notice that about them).

I'm not trying to come in and sound like I have everything under control ... I have different social pressures and I'm bad at resisting those.

Back