• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Anyone Else Notice this since the Last Update?

Coolio15

Bells
Ever since 1.9.0 launched, I've noticed that none of my villagers hang out in the museum anymore. I legit have checked and I have not seen one villager in my museum since the update and I'm wondering if it's some kind of glitch or if it was intentionally patched out of the game?

Hope it's the former, since the museum always brought out some of the best dialogue in the game from the villagers.

You know, it's funny you mentioned it...I haven't seen them in my museum either. Usually I search for them there if I don't see them around or in other villager's houses, but I never seen them in the museum anymore. I'll keep an eye and see if they show up there.

I haven't found them in the museum either. And for the first time ever, there have been times when I can't find someone at all. Previously, if I looked hard enough, I could find everyone and give them gifts. The other night, I searched around forever and finally found 8 of the 10. Where were the other two?

You’re totally right. Mine never go in there now when before I had one in there almost always.

I’m alarmed now. I don’t have a lot of cause to go in my museum but I just swept it and no one is there. I felt like there was almost always someone.

This reminds me of when Welcome Amiibo released for New Leaf and there was a glitch where villagers couldn't get sick anymore. I don't think Nintendo ever patched that, so I hope this doesn't end the same way.

I imagine this is a similar situation because I really can't think of why Nintendo would intentionally remove something like this.

I would not be upset if my villagers chose to never go the museum again. My museum is the farthest thing away on my island and it's not the easiest thing to get to. If they add brewster to the museum or something then I expect to see them in there, but until that happens they can stay out lol

This reminds me of when Welcome Amiibo released for New Leaf and there was a glitch where villagers couldn't get sick anymore. I don't think Nintendo ever patched that, so I hope this doesn't end the same way.
My understanding was it wasn't a glitch, it was a workaround Nintendo used to FIX a glitch. IIRC, villagers could move out without notice or something if they'd been sick (as in, the day they might normally asked they'd be too sick to, then suddenly they'd be in boxes). Instead of fiddling with the coding they simply gave villagers super immune systems, I guess. Nintendo also never really patched ACNL that I recall, with the exception of adding the Welcome Amiibo

Anyway, I haven't noticed, but I haven't looked in mine recently. I'm sure Nintendo will fix it if it is a glitch.

I always thought they removed that feature to make more room for the other stuff included in the update.
I had noticed the Museum rooms were empty last time I went looking for someone.

I've not found one there that I remember.
But I do have villagers I can't find sometimes, even when I do check there.

I haven't found them in the museum either. And for the first time ever, there have been times when I can't find someone at all. Previously, if I looked hard enough, I could find everyone and give them gifts. The other night, I searched around forever and finally found 8 of the 10. Where were the other two?

I had this exact experience a couple of nights ago - two villagers missing, and I just couldn't figure out where they could be. They weren't walking around, the shops were closed, they weren't visiting other villagers and the museum was empty. I often have trouble finding the odd one, and usually they've teleported or I end up finding them in some obscure corner of a beach or something, but this was the first time that two seemed to have truly disappeared at once. Kind of weird!

I don't check my museum that often but I had a similar issue a few days ago where I was looking for a villager and she was nowhere to be found... I hope this doesn't happen too often, my island is in construction right now so it's really not ideal to run around and find villagers.

I haven’t seen my villagers in the museum lately. I was trying to find Whitney last night and couldn’t find her anywhere. Shops were closed and museum empty. I eventually gave up and will try and find her today. She has been the hardest of my villagers to find and the only one on that island that I don’t have her photo. I hope villagers go back to visiting the museum.

I actually kind of hate searching for villagers in the museum, but I do like it when they are in there if I'm just visiting.

Sometimes when I can't find a villager, I eventually find them inside another villager's house... but there's times I can't find them at all. They also like to walk along hidden cliffs.

The megaphone would help a lot.

Sometimes when I can't find a villager, I eventually find them inside another villager's house... but there's times I can't find them at all. They also like to walk along hidden cliffs.

The megaphone would help a lot.

This exactly! Mine wander along the hidden cliffs along the back of my stepped tiered island. Occasionally I will see the top of Kabuki's ears bob on by and low and behold there he is. On the hidden cliffs where I store my pumpkin plants out of season! LOL

Museum thing I haven't noticed but sounds like we will all need to do some deliberate research.

I don't check my museum that often but I had a similar issue a few days ago where I was looking for a villager and she was nowhere to be found... I hope this doesn't happen too often, my island is in construction right now so it's really not ideal to run around and find villagers.
I haven’t seen my villagers in the museum lately. I was trying to find Whitney last night and couldn’t find her anywhere. Shops were closed and museum empty. I eventually gave up and will try and find her today. She has been the hardest of my villagers to find and the only one on that island that I don’t have her photo. I hope villagers go back to visiting the museum.

If villagers have stopped appearing in the museum, while at the same time becoming unusually difficult to find on our islands, I wonder if we're getting a bug where they actually ARE registered as being in the museum, but we just can't see them?

Honestly finding your villagers in this game is already annoying. Especially the Museum. I can't tell you how many times before they used to go inside the museum when I wonder all over my island trying to look for them. Like for example I was looking for Raymond, he was not in his home, not the shops, not in other villagers homes. and not even wondering around the island. I managed to find him in the Bug section inside the Museum.

Also someone told me that the only way to tell if your villager is inside the Museum is to look at Blathers. He is asleep during the day time, but he wakes up when a villager is at the Museum. I am not sure how that works, but it does.

Oh no I haven't noticed this but I haven't been in my museum a lot recently!

I do hope its not true because that would be such a shame! I think its really cute when they're in the museum. They can say really cute and interesting things which make them very loveable imo. Especially because i really love museums in general, and its nice to share that experience with villagers

i haven't actually been past the foyer of my museum since, like... august, so if it is a problem, i haven't noticed. i know people like to complain about or dislike having to search their museum for villagers but removing the feature altogether is a bit extreme (when you can easily save/quit to reset their location) so i hope it's just a weird glitch. on the few occasions i did deliberately go in there to take pictures or admire the design, it was always nice to see at least one villager wandering around -- it made the museum feel like it was actually serving a purpose and got used.

Back