• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Anyone Else Notice this since the Last Update?

hmm. Very strange, though I still believe it is a glitch. I briefly tried searching it and didn’t see anything on the lists of known glitches. I will look again and let you know if I find anything useful

fyi, nothing wrong with your method of course, but only a small number of thought bubbles are move out bubbles, most are requests for favors (you may already know this and only be targeting a specific move out bubble per day, so sorry if you already know this), etc. so will offer this: if you don’t want a villager to move and they ask, simple saying no will prevent them from going and stop anyone from asking again for a few days. I realize the dialogue itself can feel stressful if you don’t want them to go, but I mention it because I think it is different from new leaf, in that they will always be convinced to stay if you tell them to.

Yes, I couldn't find anything either.

The other reason I hit them when they have thought bubbles is my main focus is getting framed photo's so I try to save the thought bubbles for villagers I already have photo's with. I miss out on some activities, but that's ok for me, but your advice is great! Thank you :)

I haven't noticed, but 2 of my villagers last night talked to me about visiting the museum and what fossils that liked. Found that strange, was the first time any of them had talked to me about the museum fossils before. Will have to keep an eye open for that.

I haven't heard the mention of the missing villagers anywhere other than here and from personal experience. Maybe Nintendo doesn't know about it yet.

I haven't heard the mention of the missing villagers anywhere other than here and from personal experience. Maybe Nintendo doesn't know about it yet.

I've read before that if your villager is missing you can save and restart and that will often bring them back someplace where you can find them. I tried it once and it worked.

I know we're on 10.1 or whatever the version is now, but the update before this, I couldn't find two of my villagers. Went aaaaaall throu out the museum. No villager. One of them did randomly pop up around town even thou I looked everywhere before. The other I found once I saved and restarted.

Haven't seen about 10.0 or whatever this number update is yet, and I've only seen this once so far, I really don't go in the museum.

Has anyone seen a villager in the museum recently?
Still no...and honestly it's starting to frustrate me.

@Rosch remember when it was suggested that villagers were no longer appearing in the museum because something had been altered in the museum's coding...leading us to hype/speculate that a museum update is indeed coming?

...it's not possible that something as lame as adding the Art exhibit to the Stamp Rally is responsible for the missing villagers is it?

Still no...and honestly it's starting to frustrate me.

@Rosch remember when it was suggested that villagers were no longer appearing in the museum because something had been altered in the museum's coding...leading us to hype/speculate that a museum update is indeed coming?

...it's not possible that something as lame as adding the Art exhibit to the Stamp Rally is responsible for the missing villagers is it?

Honestly, I don't know. I asked but there was no follow up or response about this.

With the Stamp Rally, you'd think villagers would somehow be found in the museum and participate. But on the other hand, there was indeed changes with the museum, but we don't know if the cafe have something to do with it.

I guess the only thing we can do is wait until the next update and see the changes in the museum, if there's any.

I always think it’s so sad that the museum is always empty. It’s be awesome to maybe see past villager or something in there that had traveled to your island to sight see.

Mine are never in the museum. Although, I never explore the museum, so I wouldn’t know. I see them in Nook’s store a lot.

The silver lining to the museum bug is that if you are looking around your island for a specific villager, you don’t have to go through each room in your museum just in case they happen to be there. :rolleyes:

I always think it’s so sad that the museum is always empty. It’s be awesome to maybe see past villager or something in there that had traveled to your island to sight see.

Honestly, most of our museums contain so many priceless pieces of art by this point that it's kind of weird that visitors don't fly in from all over the world to see it! :LOL:

i want them back in the museum so bad, it always felt cool to see them wondering around and looking at everything on display (the art section was especially neat to hear their thoughts) :(
I agree. I am hoping this issue will be fixed in the next update. It is also very unfortunate to have villagers now sometimes be unfindable. :( But that does give me hope they are still intended to be in the museum sometimes, and hopefully will be again soon!

Honestly, I don't know. I asked but there was no follow up or response about this.

With the Stamp Rally, you'd think villagers would somehow be found in the museum and participate. But on the other hand, there was indeed changes with the museum, but we don't know if the cafe have something to do with it.

I guess the only thing we can do is wait until the next update and see the changes in the museum, if there's any.
I think villagers did wander around the museum and comment about last year's Stamp Rally. It's been a year now and - thanks to this update - there's no way to go back and check, but I'm pretty sure I remember villagers having a few special lines about the Rally when you found them there.

The silver lining to the museum bug is that if you are looking around your island for a specific villager, you don’t have to go through each room in your museum just in case they happen to be there. :rolleyes:
Actually the way the bug manifests for myself and a lot of people is that villagers who are supposed to be in the museum just fall off the face of the island until their scheduling (or just re-opening the game on your end) puts them somewhere else.

I am encountering "spirited away" villagers instead. I can't find them anywhere! :D

But I haven't seen my villagers going to the museum lately. I been observing this since the stamp rally event started a few days ago.

This reminds me of when Welcome Amiibo released for New Leaf and there was a glitch where villagers couldn't get sick anymore. I don't think Nintendo ever patched that, so I hope this doesn't end the same way.

I imagine this is a similar situation because I really can't think of why Nintendo would intentionally remove something like this.
I've played New Leaf since 2018 and mu villagers haven't gotten sick not even once. I don't think it's a glitch because i restarted my town SO. MANY. TIMES. So yeah, I don't think this issue is just a glitch...?

ohh gosh, come to think of it i haven't seen them in my museum once since i started playing (i just started in late march, so it sounds like i would never have gotten a chance to, given the dates of this thing)

i hope they fix this :c one of the reasons i started to really like raymond was seeing him say something really goofy in one of my friends' museums, so now that he's finally moving in i'll be sad if i can't hopefully recreate that moment someday!!

Come to think of it, I also haven't seen any of my villagers in the museum since around 1.9 time. It's actually kind of nice for me, as I am constantly rotating villagers to trade, and having them be in the museum just makes it a pain to even find them on my island.

It is a shame for others though as, like the OP said, the dialogue that can come when they're in the museum is some of the most varied and interesting dialogue in the game. If Nintendo legit took out the possibility of villagers hanging in the museum it's quite an odd choice. Up there with them taking out the hybrid flower islands on the NMT islands (for, imo, literally no reason at all).

Back