• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Anyone else get annoyed by this?

Infuriated? No, this is a GAME... a game that I like to play. I find all mainline Animal Crossing games to be relaxing and soothing, not infuriating in any respect. There's no rule that says I have to go island hopping and looking for rare villagers. I can just stay home and fish if I want to.
Not sure why but your comment kinda comes off rude, yes I know its a game but im sure lots of people get upset when they run into the same villagers they don't want 3 or 4 times

I literally only get mice, bears, lions, gorillas and bulls. I think I've only ever ran into a deer once (Bam)

Infuriated? No, this is a GAME... a game that I like to play. I find all mainline Animal Crossing games to be relaxing and soothing, not infuriating in any respect. There's no rule that says I have to go island hopping and looking for rare villagers. I can just stay home and fish if I want to.

And often, that is exactly what I choose to do.
Sure, but if you're spending 2,000 NM per ticket to get variety... it sucks to get the same villager over and over again... it IS a game, but that doesn't mean our feeling are unvalidated, I mean there's 300+ villagers in the game, why the same 3?

Plus searching for villagers is just as much part of the game as fishing... just my two cents

Not sure why but your comment kinda comes off rude, yes I know its a game but im sure lots of people get upset when they run into the same villagers they don't want 3 or 4 times
Then my point is, WHY are they playing this game if it is so infuriating and upsetting to them? What are they doing here? If I felt that way playing ACNH, I'd to play some other game that I enjoyed more and that was more relaxing. Or maybe, if I didn't enjoy any video games, I might choose another hobby? I mean, I think they are missing the whole point of this game if they are infuriated and upset.

Then my point is, WHY are they playing this game if it is so infuriating and upsetting to them? What are they doing here? If I felt that way playing ACNH, I'd to play some other game that I enjoyed more and that was more relaxing. Or maybe, if I didn't enjoy any video games, I might choose another hobby?

OP said that *one* aspect of the game was frustrating to them. that doesn't mean they feel that way about the whole game. i love the game but terraforming stresses me out. that doesn't mean i don't enjoy the other many features in the game.

Then my point is, WHY are they playing this game if it is so infuriating and upsetting to them? What are they doing here? If I felt that way playing ACNH, I'd to play some other game that I enjoyed more and that was more relaxing. Or maybe, if I didn't enjoy any video games, I might choose another hobby?
You can literally say this without sounding hostile, y'know? I don't know if that's your intention but you sound very bitey about this topic.

People can enjoy this game (which the OP does, assuming so anyway) and feel a little frustrated over RNG regarding island hopping.
Island hopping is like a gacha game, just as frustrating as them when you roll (and sometimes, even pay) to try and get a character you want but the game is just denying you that and giving the same character you don't want consistently.

Sure, but if you're spending 2,000 NM per ticket to get variety... it sucks to get the same villager over and over again... it IS a game, but that doesn't mean our feeling are unvalidated, I mean there's 300+ villagers in the game, why the same 3?

Plus searching for villagers is just as much part of the game as fishing... just my two cents
Feeling of infuriation and being upset are not "unvalidated", they are unnecessary. Why go through negativity if you don't have to? And if "part of the game" for you is feeling awful, infuriated, and upset, then I think that at the very least you have the wrong game if your objective is to enjoy gaming as a hobby.

I just think there are a lot of people playing video games that probably shouldn't be, and don't get the objective of a game like this one.

Then my point is, WHY are they playing this game if it is so infuriating and upsetting to them? What are they doing here? If I felt that way playing ACNH, I'd to play some other game that I enjoyed more and that was more relaxing. Or maybe, if I didn't enjoy any video games, I might choose another hobby? I mean, I think they are missing the whole point of this game if they are infuriated and upset.
Haha! I get annoyed when I run into the same villagers on multiple islands, but will that stop me from playing and enjoying the game? Of course not! It's the overall fun of finding the villager I want after working so hard to find them for me at least! Everyone plays differently, and being infuriated or upset by a small thing in a video game doesn't mean they don't find other parts of it fun!

I think they are seeing "infuriated" as quite a strong emotion full of rage and despair, per the definition. They aren't seeing it as "slight annoyance" as I'm assuming Jared intended. That's just my guess though. I could understand the feeling of disappointment upon running into unwanted villagers over and over too, so I sympathize.

That is the curse of rng in games djfdsjkfndskf. It's not set to give you a specific villager after a specific amount of rolls you kinda... roll for every single villager every time which can lead to multiples.
Devs probably didn't think people would use 1,000 nmt looking for a specific villager and even so it's no fun if you know you need to island hop x amount of times to get x villager.
I say just buy them from someone with the nmt you were going to spend looking for them. Unless its one of the new 8 villagers who don't have amiibo the rest are all pretty easy to get from cycling towns/shops. Only half of the new villagers are popular anyway/are expensive.
Not much difference honestly if you need that specific villager *right now* as opposed to just leaving it up to chance.
Personally I don't island hop more than 3 or 4 times before I just leave it up to rng kjdnfkjsdfn. Its excessive to spend days looking for one specific villager you dont intend on ever letting leave/not allowing yourself some variety before filling your island with your "final" villagers.

You can literally say this without sounding hostile, y'know? I don't know if that's your intention but you sound very bitey about this topic.

People can enjoy this game (which the OP does, assuming so anyway) and feel a little frustrated over RNG regarding island hopping.
Island hopping is like a gacha game, just as frustrating as them when you roll (and sometimes, even pay) to try and get a character you want but the game is just denying you that and giving the same character you don't want consistently.
I don't find island hopping to be frustrating at all! Odd, how that is. I love island hopping. And I would never pay to shorten the game like that. Really, I think this type of game takes a great deal of patience and some people are better off playing other games, that's all.

yeah I wonder if the species really are 1/16 (or was it 19 idk)
I've run into tons of rhinos, lions, tigers, cows but I know for a fact that I've only run into one wolf and one deer
I'm gonna go island hopping rn wonder what rng does this time

"Annoyed" and "Infuriated" are two different words, and "a little frustrated" is yet another way to express an even milder emotion. :) You all are guessing that the OP used the wrong word. If that is the case, then he/she should edit the title, in my opinion, because it says what it says.

Edited to add: THANK YOU, OP, for changing the title! That's a huge difference, to me anyway.

Last edited:
"Annoyed" and "Infuriated" are two different words. You all are guessing that the OP used the wrong word. If that is the case, then he/she should edit the title, in my opinion, because it says what it says.
I edited the thread especially for you since your so obsessed with the title being changed, sure it was an exaggeration but the rudeness was uncalled for

Not to butt in but, ANYONE can feel infuriated when things aren't going the way they want to. I think OP's feelings are valid, even if it's self-inflicted. Surely they could've used the NMT to buy villagers but some villagers (like the new ones) are too expensive to even attempt to buy them. NMT is a thinly-veiled gacha feature. I can get pressed if I didn't get Tiki in the Fire Emblem banner in Dragalia Lost despite I spent 14k gacha currency for it. It's a natural reaction in a situation where your luck is bad in a gambling feature. It's not really something you have control over. Was it necessary to feel that way? No. It's not.
But, emotions at it's core are irrational though.

Let OP go, friend. LOL.

Also @ OP, best you take a breather for a while and try again. If it's starting to make you feel angry, just do something else for the meantime, might break your bad streak too.

Based on my own experiences on this, I'm pretty sure I may as well be seeing Tipper every few hops and that, can indeed, be rather...Yeah

Feeling of infuriation and being upset are not "unvalidated", they are unnecessary. Why go through negativity if you don't have to? And if "part of the game" for you is feeling awful, infuriated, and upset, then I think that at the very least you have the wrong game if your objective is to enjoy gaming as a hobby.

I just think there are a lot of people playing video games that probably shouldn't be, and don't get the objective of a game like this one.
Dude.. I'm not here to fight you I see what you're trying to convey just know that YOU CAN totally be upset because of a game!!! It's a human response and that's ok! Sure a bit unnecessary but at the end of the day we still play because we enjoy it, maybe the word unfortunate would have been better.

This happens to me! I don’t mind the cows quite so much, but I dislike the bulls and I always seem to run into them! I can’t think of a single bull that I actually like and they seem to be the most common species for me! It always seems to go like that when you’re looking for a specific villager more than anything else though

[...]Also @ OP, best you take a breather for a while and try again. If it's starting to make you feel angry, just do something else for the meantime, might break your bad streak too.
That is all I am trying to say. If any of us find this aspect of the game to be annoying (which the edited post title now indicates, thanks OP!) then that's one thing. But if it goes beyond that and you start to feel angry or infuriated it's time to follow the above advice IMO.

Back