• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! We'll announce the winners for our Master Ball raffle and distribute your hard-earned arcade tokens soon.

2 years later, how often are you currently playing New Horizons?

How often are you currently playing New Horizons?

• Daily

Votes: 127 23.1%
  • Multiple times a week

Votes: 89 16.2%
  • Once a week or so

Votes: 40 7.3%
  • I check in once in a while

Votes: 81 14.8%
  • I haven't played in a while but I'll play it again at some point

Votes: 161 29.3%
  • I stopped playing forever ago and won't play it again

Votes: 28 5.1%
  • I haven't played New Horizons

Votes: 23 4.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I haven't touched it in months now. Probably best. I did spend alot of time on it in 2020 and a good chunk in 2021. There are other things I would rather be other games to check out or doing other things like pixel art. I feel like I have explored most of the game. If they come out with another one, and if I decide to get a copy, I will most definitely wait until they are done with the game. A used copy. I feel like I would have enjoyed New Horizons more when it was completely done. The Experience of going through the game in 2020 vs starting a new game later (before DLC) was vastly different and effects how I felt/feel/ and see the game... or maybe I am just old.
New Horizons at the end of the day now, is a good game and is better than New Leaf after the DLC was added.
And I understand the pandemic probably played a role in all of this too and it was nice to have a new game during all of that.

Its becoming harder to play this game daily since everything has been basically the same and not much has really changed. I check in once in a while but I am too busy playing other games and of course waiting to move on to the next AC game. Hopefully it will be better than this one.

I voted several times a week. I currently have 2170 hours into this game and have played it since May 2020. I restarted last December and am on my 3rd and hopefully final version of my island. I've been catching up on DIYs, seasonal items, holidays, and the museum, among other things. Just finished collecting all Gullivaar items and still working on Gulliver's. Still barely scratched the surface terraforming anything yet.
Lots of real-life obligations now so I don't always get to play everyday. Yardwork and housework are time consuming. If only it were as fast as it were in video games. Wish I could just call Leif and have him weed my very grass-infested iris garden. 🌸🌱

I’ve recently stared playing again after having a year off… there are so many DIYs and new items I’ve seen that I need 😭😂

I check in at least twice a week. Lately I've been playing Kirby and the Forgotten Land, so I haven't been playing as often as usual lol.

i think i last played a few weeks ago, and even that was only to run around and say hello to everyone - who all complained i hadn't talked to them for a month or two 😅 anytime i see a particularly nice build or bit of terraforming on my twitter timeline i feel the urge to play again, but by the time i actually have a minute beyond (procrastinating) revising for my uni exams all my energy is gone lmao. this isn't strictly AC specific though - i feel like i haven't picked up my switch in forever! only a bit under a month until i'm done though, so i'm very much hoping to get back into it over the summer and *finally* make some progress on the island i restarted what feels like forever ago

Currently playing daily :D, trying to really give my island a good makeover

Every day! I recently started playing again after, I think, about a year, 2/3rd of a year maybe. Lots of stuff has been added since and I bought HHP, so there's plenty of content for me to catch up on :)
I'll burn out again soon enough I feel lol

I’ve been burned out for a while and then just recently, I’ve been back on redoing parts of my island

I just came back after a long break and voted for the "once in a while" option. The circle of people that I used to play with fell apart and for a while it was incredibly hard for me to play on my island because it's full of memories. I've now (mostly) gotten over this feeling and try to catch up a little since there's still a bunch of unfinished areas and things I wanna work on. :)

I started playing again but not everyday
I took a whole year hiatus.. I couldn't stand missing a day with my ocd which made me miss out on my actual life things I needed to do which made me upset. after the long hiatus I decided to time travel which pretty much solved all my problems of feeling overly dedicated to the silly game... as well as all of the updates. I'm very happy with the fact that we can now change the interior of our villagers houses with the help of happy home academy and the added design slots

I used to play every day after work when it first came out (when I was living with my parents). Now it seems I only play roughly four to five times a month for less than three hours at a time. (Married, moved-out w/ full-time job and 2 dogs). Feels like the older I get, the less time I have for gaming. Animal Crossing is still my favorite game to fall back on after a long hiatus from video games, though!

I just came back after a long break and voted for the "once in a while" option. The circle of people that I used to play with fell apart and for a while it was incredibly hard for me to play on my island because it's full of memories. I've now (mostly) gotten over this feeling and try to catch up a little since there's still a bunch of unfinished areas and things I wanna work on. :)
I'm the exact opposite. When I finally had the time to properly play, due to working insane hours during peak-pandemic, all of my friends had already burned themselves out like 2 months after launch.

I kind of fell out of playing it for a while. I was playing everyday and doing a little decorating outside and in my 2 villager's homes, which was how the game was intended to be played, but I still can't get enough mileage out of it this way. It'd probably be different if I had the chance to see even one of my friend's islands and or have them visit mine, but they've been done playing since June 2020 or close to it. So it's really kind of boring doing this kind of game solo and doesn't have the same AI/environment community feel that the other games have had.

New Horizons is the new Sims for me. I don't play it for six months, than religiously every day for hours on end for a week.
I still have my original island and it's still a complete mess, but some parts are really starting to come together now. Just give me another two years and it'll be finished.
I just checked back in yesterday and my villagers complained I was gone for three months.

I check in every now and again but it’s not often. Nintendo unfortunately ruined a lot of the things that I use to enjoy about the AC series. Fishing and bug catching is now just frustrating with tools breaking. Speaking to the villagers is bland as they repeat the same 5 bits of dialogue constantly. And decorating is tedious with trying to find seasonal DIYs in balloons, grinding resources to craft and only being able to order 5 items a day. It’s a pretty big let down to be honest.

Reactions: Bui
I tried to play everyday but I got seriously burnt out from it. I constantly pressured myself to finish my island, even after I restarted it multiple times. Eventually it got to a point that I would play for no more than 20 minutes and be done with it.

Now I play once a week, on Sundays or Mondays. It's been alot better. I check in Harv's for new stuff for the week, which even playing alot I still don't have all the new things. I decorate at my leisure, not tryin to speed run everythin. On other days I play other games to stay off of NH, plus I want to play other games too.

I voted "I haven't played in a while but I'll play it again at some point" but I'm playing daily because I accidentally deleted my island's save data and then made a new one days ago. I got 3 of my dreamies yesterday; Audie,Beau, and Cephalobot. Actually, I got 4 of them but I'm kicking out Ione because I was not too fond of her interior as one of the first five villagers but I'm going to hunt her again next time. The reason for kicking out Ione is nonsense I know but I'm picky when it comes to the house design if I like the beginner house or the default house of a villager. I'm gonna hunt: Diana, Shino, Marshal, Marina, Fang, Sasha, and Ione (again). My current villagers are Diva, Kid Cat, Audie, Alfonso, Ione, Sly, Beau, Zell, and Cephalobot. I'm currently making my island 3 star to unlock K.K. Slider ^^

I've stopped playing completely. I've been having issues with my Switch (joy-cons, I can buy news ones and it'll fix it temporarily but honestly, no) and I've used it as an excuse to stop playing my Switch altogether.

i lowkey dropped acnh after like three months of being it released just because i rushed through the beginning part and it ruined the rest of the time for me ngl. but i recently picked it up again (like two weeks ago) and resetted my island. since then, i've been playing everyday. compared to initial launch, starting my island now is actually more fun because they added so many things in the 2.0 update. i can feel myself falling back in love with the game!

Back