2 years later, how often are you currently playing New Horizons?

How often are you currently playing New Horizons?

• Daily

Votes: 127 23.1%
  • Multiple times a week

Votes: 89 16.2%
  • Once a week or so

Votes: 40 7.3%
  • I check in once in a while

Votes: 81 14.8%
  • I haven't played in a while but I'll play it again at some point

Votes: 161 29.3%
  • I stopped playing forever ago and won't play it again

Votes: 28 5.1%
  • I haven't played New Horizons

Votes: 23 4.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I started my game August 2020 and haven't missed a day yet.
The past month or so, I've started to feel some burnout, but never to the point where I'd want to stop playing completely. Like one of the prior replies mentioned, sometimes it's the smallest details that keep you invested.
For me, around the time I expect someone's gonna want to move, I spend a little time following my villagers around like a crazy person and see what they do :p sometimes they'll be working out or doing yoga and I'll take photos where I'm copying their actions. 1112.jpg

And listening to conversations too... the only downside of that is when catchphrases change and I want certain villagers to keep the same catchphrases forever, haha.

I'm still playing every day, have been since launch. My current pet project is to have Cyrus customise every non-crafted piece of furniture into every possible colour for my catalogue !! I limit myself in various ways every day so I'll be playing for quite some time yet !!

I'm still playing every day, have been since launch. My current pet project is to have Cyrus customise every non-crafted piece of furniture into every possible colour for my catalogue !! I limit myself in various ways every day so I'll be playing for quite some time yet !!
no way! i'm doing the exact same thing lol :) I started playing since the launch but took a 3 month break to play legend of zelda, now i'm back again :)

I play as much as I can. Up until about 8 weeks ago I played multiple times a day. Real life stuff has taken over is top priority atm and I don’t have much time. Every time I go on I seem to just pick up weeds 😂 I will get back into it as it is my happy place to de stress and forget for a little while 💜

Lately I’ve gotten back into playing. I play a little every day usually but recently I have been playing almost all day. Before that I would take month long breaks.

I still play daily, which I definitely did not expect when I picked the game up 2 years ago now. I took one short break from playing which was related to real life issues rather than losing interest. At this point I have no idea when/ if I will lose interest. I can’t even successfully play my second island, because I never have enough time that I want to take away from my main island.

It’s going to sound super sappy but this is definitely my favorite video game ever. I don’t even know what exactly holds my interest. Sometimes I don’t really do anything but pick up sticks and dig up the fossils as I wander around aimlessly just kind of enjoying my island - just looking around- talking to my villagers, maybe catching a fish or a bug. Idk. It’s kind of a happy place for me, and has the added bonus of saving me from spending time instead dom scrolling online, which I appreciate.

No game is really intended to be enjoyed forever, I know (game companies want you to be looking for the next game to buy and all). But at this point I don’t currently see an end in sight for me. I’m actually glad we don’t expect (as far as I know) to see the next iteration of the series anytime soon cause it is still way too early for me to think about that!

But even when that time comes I will always look fondly on ACNH, and it will be the game I compare all others to.

So yeah, that’s where I am.

After over 200 hours I think I've finished New Horizons. My goal of getting a five star island has been achieved, so I have little reason to return. I'll stick with New Leaf for the foreseeable future.

Just recently I’ve started playing daily again to try to finish HHP. I don’t looove decorating in HHP so I’ve been taking it really slow and just decorating one house per day. I think I’ve designed 24 so far, so looking forward to being able to renovate villager houses on my island :)

After over 200 hours I think I've finished New Horizons. My goal of getting a five star island has been achieved, so I have little reason to return. I'll stick with New Leaf for the foreseeable future.
Thats great and as for me I am pretty much over New Horizons. I check in once a while but I am too busy playing other games.

I started my first save 2 years ago today. Now, on Pookytopia 3.0, I play several times a week redoing large portions of my island. I still want to make a fancy farming area and rock garden (not easy). So I still have plenty to do.

I still play daily. It’s been like that since I got the game. I’m currently focusing on completing the museum’s art exhibit. I only need to donate two statues to accomplish that goal. I’m also challenging myself to breed a blue rose, which might take a while. It’s the only flower I don’t have at least one of.

Back