• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How often do you shampoo?

How often do you shampoo your hair?

• Every day

Votes: 71 39.7%
  • Every other day

Votes: 76 42.5%
  • Once a week

Votes: 21 11.7%
  • Never

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Other (don't vote for this option)

Votes: 8 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeremy

Staff
Administrator
Site Owner
Bells
Island
Númenor
Golden Watering Can
Red Pansy
White Pansy
White Pansy
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Rose
Purple Violet
White Lily
People say it's bad to shampoo your hair every day but it feels weird if I don't. I kind of want to stop doing it so much but then I feel unclean.

Once a day, sometimes even twice a day;

Idc my hair is healthy so obv its not ruining it

Once a day, sometimes even twice a day;

Idc my hair is healthy so obv its not ruining it

Twice a day? That's no good. I used to let it soak in my hair for the rest of the shower but I stopped doing that when I heard it's bad to shampoo a lot.

Twice a day? That's no good. I used to let it soak in my hair for the rest of the shower but I stopped doing that when I heard it's bad to shampoo a lot.

I also let it soak into my hair LOL

oops #yolo

Normally everyday, but lately I've been trying to do it every other day since I heard it can make your hair less greasy/scalp less dry/etc.
I shower everyday though!

Every day, twice at most if I ran through mud or something. If it's having any negative effects, I think it only compounds what the stress is doing to my hair a little.

I shower every day, but it's necessary for me to cover up my hair every other day, because it looks disgusting if I wash it every day. On the days I don't get to wash it, I have to wrap it up in a towel to keep the water from hitting it. If I end up washing it every day, my hair starts to break and my scalp dries out.

I normally shampoo every day, even though that can be a no-no for curly hair. I always make sure to condition it after shampooing though. Conditioner is wonderful. It makes brushing my hair painless.
The main reason I do that is because I hate not showering, and I hate having hair product left over from two days before because it starts looking like dandruff after a while.... or it makes my hair look kinda greasy. It also makes my scalp itchy.
I would just not use hair product, but my hair would be a frizzy, poofy mess without it.

I'm considering not shampooing anymore and just wetting my hair in the shower instead. We'll see how that goes I guess.

I wash my hair twice a week. I usually wear a shower cap when I don't wash my hair. My hair seems to be healthier looking when I don't get it wet every day for some reason.

I use dandruff shampoo and conditioner. It doesn't help that much. One might say that's because I wash my hair twice a week. But when I used to wash my hair every day my scalp always seemed to be worse and dried out more often. Honestly for me it seems that it's healthier to not be washing every day. My hair is just as clean as it ever is and washing every day was just a waste of shampoo and conditioner for me.

My brother, on the other hand, likes to take two showers a day sometimes. And he uses two different brands of shampoo and conditioner. And he uses way too much and leaves globs of the stuff on the floor of the shower. And he has dry scalp problems and oily hair problems... which is why he interchangeably uses two different brands of shampoo and conditioner.

Shampoo + Conditioner every day unless I forget to do it. I kind of have a routine in the shower so I almost never forget.

Once a day, my hair gets greasy if I leave it any longer.

But you're right, the less you wash it, the better it is for your hair. They say that after about 6 weeks of not washing it, your hair will regulate itself and you won't need to touch it. No shampoo, no conditioner and no hassle - shiny, healthy, non-greasy hair, but there's no way I could do that.

I usually try to shower every other day or more if I can (I wash my hair at least once every time, twice if it is really greasy when I get in) but I would shower every day if I could shower before school. I can't because my brother always does, and we only have one bathroom in our whole house. If we installed another bathroom our water pressure issues would make it so neither of us would barely get a drop of water for our shower. Obviously not making for a very good shower. But yeah I feel gross all the time but I can't shower before school, and after school I am loaded with homework, and when I get my homework done I have dinner, and when I finish dinner I am tired, and when I am tired I go to bed. Makes it so I forget to take a shower. I know it sounds terrible and disgusting but it's true :( If I wash my hair too much my scalp gets itchy and flaky and then people at school start thinking weird things of me like I have lice or something and I obviously don't. I just hate feeling gross... I have self confidence issues sometimes as you can tell ._.

Every other day.

I normally take one or two showers a day depending on the day, but my hair used to get really oily and gross when I washed it every day.

Maybe once or twice a month.

EDIT: I feel I should clarify that I was just joking with this post, I usually try to wash every day.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back