• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

TBT's Fifth Annual Easter Egg Hunt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Egg currency should be visible now.

Also, I need to remind everyone that giving away ANY information about the clues (no matter how vague) is not allowed. Egg removal and a forum ban is possible if we see this and it seems as though someone's purposely trying to help others gain an advantage. Let's keep this fun for everyone and don't spoil!

So... The egg currency showing up on the sidebar wasn't something that indicates that the Easter event is soon?

I'm pretty sure that I know the answers to 3 and 6, but I can't find them on the first page of any thread I think is related to the answer. Since apparently the answers can be on any page of any thread, I'm a little mad that I'll have to look through over a hundred pages to find one egg.

i've got eggs 1, 2, 4 and 8 so far but i seem to keep running into brick walls with the others.

I feel like there should be clearer instructions of at least where the eggs won't be. For example, "won't be found in signatures" or "won't be 100 pages into a thread" or "won't be outside of the belltreeforums.com address" etc. (These aren't real rules, just examples lol). It could cut down on a lot of wasted time for people, especially newbies and people who don't have the time to just search everywhere. Then again, I'm probably just not smart enough since some people aren't even having any difficulty with this haha :p

Welp, I'm going to go upstairs and drown my sorrows in cartoons until the next batch of clues comes out.

I feel like there should be clearer instructions of at least where the eggs won't be. For example, "won't be found in signatures" or "won't be 100 pages into a thread" or "won't be outside of the belltreeforums.com address" etc. (These aren't real rules, just examples lol). It could cut down on a lot of wasted time for people, especially newbies and people who don't have the time to just search everywhere. Then again, I'm probably just not smart enough since some people aren't even having any difficulty with this haha :p

^this. I feel like people who have done this before have an advantage because they know where eggs were (and weren't) the last times. So they have a better idea of where to look. The problem is if you ask people where they were last time you run into the issue of getting help.

I know that it can seem very hard at first, but we won't be giving out any additional information beyond the clues themselves and I PROMISE it's possible to get all of the eggs, even as a newer member or someone who isn't super active here. I joined the forum around 1 month prior to the 2014 event and was able to get every egg (even with the HORRENDOUS Sweet Day puzzle), so I have all the faith in the world that you all can find the eggs and promise that some of these clues aren't as complicated as they initially seem. My advice is to take an hour or so away from the event if you become frustrated or annoyed, take a quick walk or listen to some music, and come back when you're more refreshed. It really does help. :blush:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back