♡ carp's dream town review thread ♡

i want to do this but recently i learnt how to hack and my dream address is it before it was hacked and i dont' want to update until i have seen it one last time :(

Thanks for your review. I'll try to work on what I can, but I'm confused as to what you mean about the path by the plaza?

If you'd like, I just updated my DA in my modern town Olympus, so feel free to visit and tell me what you think: 5D00-0054-FFF3
It's not 100% done, but most of the way done. I'd be open to any suggestions on what to do with the houses and any areas you think could be improved.

Thanks for your review. I'll try to work on what I can, but I'm confused as to what you mean about the path by the plaza?

i believe i meant that the path underneath your plaza wasn't symmetrical to the tree's centre.

If you'd like, I just updated my DA in my modern town Olympus, so feel free to visit and tell me what you think: 5D00-0054-FFF3
It's not 100% done, but most of the way done. I'd be open to any suggestions on what to do with the houses and any areas you think could be improved.

town name: olympus
dream code: 5D00-0054-FFF3
aesthetics: ★★★☆☆
theme: ★★★☆☆
colour: ★★☆☆☆
design: ★★☆☆☆
overall: ★★★☆☆
comment: a modern town, set at a crisp spring sunset, with beautiful decorative paving and designs. i love how the grassy bits look on your town plaza, they are very effective and a strong feature. your lil' sailor(ess) outfit you've laid out is quaint, and your town map looks stunning in terms of layout. walking down, your perfect apple trees frame the path nicely, and the depth given by the bushes is a strong insight into design on your part. congrats. the blue against the red makes for a solid colour scheme. the slight unsymmetricality of the jacob's ladder and the cosmos underneath the first normal tree below the plaza is an eye sore, however. walking right, a small field of white cosmos is found. this area would be far more effective with less densely packed white cosmos or a bigger variety of white and yellow flowers.

continuing right, your modern bridge fits well with the colour scheme of the path, which is a plus. the tiny little area on the cliff with pink and white tulips could have a stump to sit on where the furthermost pink tulip is, which would be a cute lil' feature. your landscaping with flowers around villager houses is quite bland, and could be more interesting with some trees strategically placed within the bush rows. the yellow and white roses to the left of the long, stretching path deserve more breeds of flower mixed in, which would create a better look. hugh's house is especially weak, with the grey path not needing to be there at all. replace it with a four-leaf clover path, and you will be able to mask his brightly coloured exterior a little better. lolly's house could use some trees in the area left of her house, and marshal requires a pair of trees where the current most furthest forward white roses are. these tiny tweaks would create a better look for your long, stretching village. your use of two trees below willow and mira's houses is a solid addition, and the colour scheme around these two houses is a nice, matching touch. your continuation of willow's pink and yellow cosmos motif needs to be stopped beside the cliff, a more plain colour palette should be used there.

your campsite worries me, with the red possibly clashing with the orange, but because of the time of night i can't remember if red would match with orange at this time. your train station is neatly tucked away within a faux green box, but within the green could be a line of flower boxes to break up the checkers design. walking down from the station is a solid use of tree placement, with the differentiation between the cedar and normal trees being a solid addition at this time of year with the pink trees. the unsymmetrical durians are not such a great addition, however. the non-matching blue and yellow checker design of roses below this path needs to be changed to a more subtle one. poseidon's house is sweet, but ill-matching to the surrounding dark blue roses. when landscaping, focus on how flowers will look in the time you set your town in. blue roses may match your house during the day, but at night, they clash terribly.

inside is a confusing mix of texture and style, with no solid lighting to pull it together. the use of plant pots along with the classical posts is a no-no, and the squid chair and fishing tourney series is too modern and cartoon-ish for this vibe. if you're going for a mythical fish kingdom in this room, use symmetrical placements of the blue urns, and other water features, rather than the bland potted plants. if you do mix styles, use a solid, coloured lamp to bring them together more fluidly (no pun intended!). to the left, your lil' kitchen is quaint, but you should replace the two plants and diver model with a small table and two chairs, and move the music player to where the diver currently is. this will break up the wall more than the plants do currently. i like how you have chosen a non-conventional angle to build your kitchen at, it's unusual to see a kitchen in a shape that doesn't show off the counters: congrats! the little trolley thing beside the door is ill-matching to the room, but if you used a 1x1 classic table (i'm not sure of the exact name) for the dining table, it would tie in better. the wallpaper in this room could also change to something less ornamental. to the right, i am confused of your theme, but the sitting room vibe is quaint. the customised cabin furniture is an eye sore to the room, and needs to be changed back to the original colour scheme or another normal wood colour. the regal clock doesn't fit in this room, and should be replaced with the antique clock. more items should be on the walls to make it feel very homely, and the wallpaper and flooring should match the theme of the room, which is a rustic sitting room. upstairs, the use of the flooring is poor, and should be replaced by the tropical floor or saharah's desert. the use of three gold items in a row needs to be changed, as gold is such an eye sore. move around the crab table to perhaps where the books are to diversify the colour scheme.

there is little to comment on between that house and retail, where the agony of red and white carnations next to the pink exterior of retail called me over like a gnat to a lamp. this colour scheme needs to change. in front of retail, a lack of landscaping with your pattern designs is seen, which i am surprised by. the l-shape set of bushes by the statue fountain is bland and dull. the hammock in aris' garden is very out of keeping and feels more foresty, but the alignment of the trees is too rigid for a forest. aris' house exterior is quaint, but the door is too light for the time of night.

inside, the flooring is a poor choice, and makes the room feel emptier than it actually is. a grand entrance to a home needs fancy stone flooring and a symmetrical room! to the left, your wash-room is bland and forgettable, and the washbasin being faced away from the camera is a poor choice here. the flooring needs to be changed to something tiled. to the right is a confusing mess of several tvs and games consoles, with little to look at in the middle. focus on the layout of a room before the individual items in it. the back room's kitchen is sweet, but a few pieces clash with the vibe. the very tall modern chair doesn't fit in with the room, and should be scrapped. the regal wardrobe needs to be pulled a space or two forward, so the end of the room looks less like a line. the two black marble counters are ugly, and don't fit the wallpaper or flooring. a light colour should be used instead. perhaps a 2x1 ranch table would be more appropriate here. upstairs, your room is too large for what it needs to convey, and so feels empty as there aren't enough pieces in it. the clashing of the classical bookcase and chaise lounge against the modern 70s vibe of the graciegrace furniture is off-putting, but your use of items on the walls is solid. downstairs, in your basement, the theme is confusing. red, black and gold furniture against the white and blue flooring and wallpaper is a massive no-no. furniture should feel like a flowing extension to the wallpaper and flooring. in both houses, however, you have made a good attempt at using multiple sets in one room.

the almost symmetrical statue fountains to the base of aris' path is annoying and painful to look at. over the bridge, your park area is sweet with a quaint use of bushes and pwps. the picnic blanket is especially good. to the left of the caf?, your almost symmetrical deckchairs are annoying. either have two and make them symmetrical to the entrance, or have one. your symmetrical blue benches are sweet, but not bordered by anything. use bushes here. the caf? feels exposed and extremely large, which is a negative quality. the townhall's fountain is passable, but the flowers need to be more diverse surrounding it.

the rest of the little areas of your town use blocks of colour or a boring checkers pattern, and are rather bland for such a magnificent town design. thank you for having me in your town, i wish you all the best luck in progressing!

town name: olympus
dream code: 5D00-0054-FFF3
aesthetics: ★★★☆☆
theme: ★★★☆☆
design: ★★☆☆☆
overall: ★★★☆☆
comment: a modern town, set at a crisp spring sunset, with beautiful decorative paving and designs. i love how the grassy bits look on your town plaza, they are very effective and a strong feature. your lil' sailor(ess) outfit you've laid out is quaint, and your town map looks stunning in terms of layout. walking down, your perfect apple trees frame the path nicely, and the depth given by the bushes is a strong insight into design on your part. congrats. the blue against the red makes for a solid colour scheme. the slight unsymmetricality of the jacob's ladder and the cosmos underneath the first normal tree below the plaza is an eye sore, however. walking right, a small field of white cosmos is found. this area would be far more effective with less densely packed white cosmos or a bigger variety of white and yellow flowers.

continuing right, your modern bridge fits well with the colour scheme of the path, which is a plus. the tiny little area on the cliff with pink and white tulips could have a stump to sit on where the furthermost pink tulip is, which would be a cute lil' feature. your landscaping with flowers around villager houses is quite bland, and could be more interesting with some trees strategically placed within the bush rows. the yellow and white roses to the left of the long, stretching path deserve more breeds of flower mixed in, which would create a better look. hugh's house is especially weak, with the grey path not needing to be there at all. replace it with a four-leaf clover path, and you will be able to mask his brightly coloured exterior a little better. lolly's house could use some trees in the area left of her house, and marshal requires a pair of trees where the current most furthest forward white roses are. these tiny tweaks would create a better look for your long, stretching village. your use of two trees below willow and mira's houses is a solid addition, and the colour scheme around these two houses is a nice, matching touch. your continuation of willow's pink and yellow cosmos motif needs to be stopped beside the cliff, a more plain colour palette should be used there.

your campsite worries me, with the red possibly clashing with the orange, but because of the time of night i can't remember if red would match with orange at this time. your train station is neatly tucked away within a faux green box, but within the green could be a line of flower boxes to break up the checkers design. walking down from the station is a solid use of tree placement, with the differentiation between the cedar and normal trees being a solid addition at this time of year with the pink trees. the unsymmetrical durians are not such a great addition, however. the non-matching blue and yellow checker design of roses below this path needs to be changed to a more subtle one. poseidon's house is sweet, but ill-matching to the surrounding dark blue roses. when landscaping, focus on how flowers will look in the time you set your town in. blue roses may match your house during the day, but at night, they clash terribly.

inside is a confusing mix of texture and style, with no solid lighting to pull it together. the use of plant pots along with the classical posts is a no-no, and the squid chair and fishing tourney series is too modern and cartoon-ish for this vibe. if you're going for a mythical fish kingdom in this room, use symmetrical placements of the blue urns, and other water features, rather than the bland potted plants. if you do mix styles, use a solid, coloured lamp to bring them together more fluidly (no pun intended!). to the left, your lil' kitchen is quaint, but you should replace the two plants and diver model with a small table and two chairs, and move the music player to where the diver currently is. this will break up the wall more than the plants do currently. i like how you have chosen a non-conventional angle to build your kitchen at, it's unusual to see a kitchen in a shape that doesn't show off the counters: congrats! the little trolley thing beside the door is ill-matching to the room, but if you used a 1x1 classic table (i'm not sure of the exact name) for the dining table, it would tie in better. the wallpaper in this room could also change to something less ornamental. to the right, i am confused of your theme, but the sitting room vibe is quaint. the customised cabin furniture is an eye sore to the room, and needs to be changed back to the original colour scheme or another normal wood colour. the regal clock doesn't fit in this room, and should be replaced with the antique clock. more items should be on the walls to make it feel very homely, and the wallpaper and flooring should match the theme of the room, which is a rustic sitting room. upstairs, the use of the flooring is poor, and should be replaced by the tropical floor or saharah's desert. the use of three gold items in a row needs to be changed, as gold is such an eye sore. move around the crab table to perhaps where the books are to diversify the colour scheme.

there is little to comment on between that house and retail, where the agony of red and white carnations next to the pink exterior of retail called me over like a gnat to a lamp. this colour scheme needs to change. in front of retail, a lack of landscaping with your pattern designs is seen, which i am surprised by. the l-shape set of bushes by the statue fountain is bland and dull. the hammock in aris' garden is very out of keeping and feels more foresty, but the alignment of the trees is too rigid for a forest. aris' house exterior is quaint, but the door is too light for the time of night.

inside, the flooring is a poor choice, and makes the room feel emptier than it actually is. a grand entrance to a home needs fancy stone flooring and a symmetrical room! to the left, your wash-room is bland and forgettable, and the washbasin being faced away from the camera is a poor choice here. the flooring needs to be changed to something tiled. to the right is a confusing mess of several tvs and games consoles, with little to look at in the middle. focus on the layout of a room before the individual items in it. the back room's kitchen is sweet, but a few pieces clash with the vibe. the very tall modern chair doesn't fit in with the room, and should be scrapped. the regal wardrobe needs to be pulled a space or two forward, so the end of the room looks less like a line. the two black marble counters are ugly, and don't fit the wallpaper or flooring. a light colour should be used instead. perhaps a 2x1 ranch table would be more appropriate here. upstairs, your room is too large for what it needs to convey, and so feels empty as there aren't enough pieces in it. the clashing of the classical bookcase and chaise lounge against the modern 70s vibe of the graciegrace furniture is off-putting, but your use of items on the walls is solid. downstairs, in your basement, the theme is confusing. red, black and gold furniture against the white and blue flooring and wallpaper is a massive no-no. furniture should feel like a flowing extension to the wallpaper and flooring. in both houses, however, you have made a good attempt at using multiple sets in one room.

the almost symmetrical statue fountains to the base of aris' path is annoying and painful to look at. over the bridge, your park area is sweet with a quaint use of bushes and pwps. the picnic blanket is especially good. to the left of the caf?, your almost symmetrical deckchairs are annoying. either have two and make them symmetrical to the entrance, or have one. your symmetrical blue benches are sweet, but not bordered by anything. use bushes here. the caf? feels exposed and extremely large, which is a negative quality. the townhall's fountain is passable, but the flowers need to be more diverse surrounding it.

the rest of the little areas of your town use blocks of colour or a boring checkers pattern, and are rather bland for such a magnificent town design. thank you for having me in your town, i wish you all the best luck in progressing!

You completely missed most of the point of my town haha. Like that was the most nitpicky thing I think I've ever read, and I disagree with like 98% of your suggestions because those are just your opinions and don't actually match what I'm going for. Like, my town is by no means perfect, but all of your suggestions are the opposite of the vibe I'm going for. I most likely won't take any of the suggestions you provided because most of the things you pointed out are fine the way they are imo. Sure, the houses may not be perfect right now, but I don't think your suggestions are the way to go either. As far as landscaping goes I'm fairly happy with most of it the way it is actually. It's a modern town. Nothing is supposed to be "foresty" and the lack of trees in some areas is because of that. As far as flower variety, I hate when a bunch of flowers are mixed hence why I usually pick two and alternate. I think several flowers mixed together looks ugly. Like I haven't seen it done in a way that looks good to me in a town like mine. In an actual forest town, sure, go ham and mix all the flowers, but random flower combos isn't the look I'm going for. Reading down your list, every suggestion just had me thinking, "No. Negative. Not at all what I'm going for." I don't think I read a suggestion that I actually think would benefit the town and the theme I'm going for because I don't think you fully realized the theme. Like maybe changing the red flowers around the campsite cause I don't really like them either, but orange doesn't go with my color scheme. But other than that I don't think your "required" improvements are improvements at all, so thanks for your opinions, I guess?

You completely missed most of the point of my town haha. Like that was the most nitpicky thing I think I've ever read, and I disagree with like 98% of your suggestions because those are just your opinions and don't actually match what I'm going for. Like, my town is by no means perfect, but all of your suggestions are the opposite of the vibe I'm going for. I most likely won't take any of the suggestions you provided because most of the things you pointed out are fine the way they are imo. Sure, the houses may not be perfect right now, but I don't think your suggestions are the way to go either. As far as landscaping goes I'm fairly happy with most of it the way it is actually. It's a modern town. Nothing is supposed to be "foresty" and the lack of trees in some areas is because of that. As far as flower variety, I hate when a bunch of flowers are mixed hence why I usually pick two and alternate. I think several flowers mixed together looks ugly. Like I haven't seen it done in a way that looks good to me in a town like mine. In an actual forest town, sure, go ham and mix all the flowers, but random flower combos isn't the look I'm going for. Reading down your list, every suggestion just had me thinking, "No. Negative. Not at all what I'm going for." I don't think I read a suggestion that I actually think would benefit the town and the theme I'm going for because I don't think you fully realized the theme. Like maybe changing the red flowers around the campsite cause I don't really like them either, but orange doesn't go with my color scheme. But other than that I don't think your "required" improvements are improvements at all, so thanks for your opinions, I guess?

this thread is literally just my opinion idk why ur complaining

edit: as a continuation, it literally says in my 1st post tht its my opinion if u dont like it/agree then go make ur own thread idc

Last edited:
this thread is literally just my opinion idk why ur complaining

edit: as a continuation, it literally says in my 1st post tht its my opinion if u dont like it/agree then go make ur own thread idc

Haha I'm not complaining. I asked for your opinion, and you gave it. I'm also just stating that I disagree. Have fun roasting other people's DAs. Don't forget to pick up the kids from soccer.

Haha I'm not complaining. I asked for your opinion, and you gave it. I'm also just stating that I disagree. Have fun roasting other people's DAs. Don't forget to pick up the kids from soccer.

don't forget your cupcakes for the bake sale, brenda x

i understand about why you didn't like your feedback because it wasn't the right advice for you, i definitely wouldn't call it a "roast" though. 3 stars is good, right? i'd say his criticism is harsh(?) but that's what i like about this thread, it's thorough and his honest opinion. that snarky comment was uncalled for and it makes you look resentful and defensive rather than "i'm just stating that i disagree"

Last edited:
also my dream address is 6C00-0054-470F
roast it huntyyy, do itttt gurrrrrl

town name: lemon
dream code: 6C00-0054-470F
aesthetics: ★★☆☆☆
theme: ★☆☆☆☆
design: ★☆☆☆
overall: ★★☆☆☆
comment: if a review is a roast, then god help society. your town name matches your sour attitude well. your town plaza is well covered with tiles, but a diversity in design would be nice to see. your path leading straight down from the town plaza not being central is a shame, but such is life. your colour combinations are bright and airy, with the white roses throughout making your town look a little overwhelmed. the zen garden is nicely enclosed, would be nicer w/ some more bushes tho.

looking down at your beach, it is more full than your blacklist of users, which is impressive. the checkers pattern around many houses is plain and bland, and often clashes with the colour scheme of the house, which is surprising to someone expecting perfection. your l-shape bushes are a nice touch, and the different bush types to match the trees is sweet. your pear path that almost leads to chief house is a nice touch, but the wide path to the little cliff isn't needed, unless you're planning to commit off the ledge. the black and pink cosmos around nootnoot's house is a snazzy feature, matching with the emptiness of the interior.

your fairy tale bench area below the station is cute, and the rainbow roses make a change from the bland vibe of the rest of town. the sheer quantity of paths in this town is rather overwhelming, and landscaping areas might make for a more exciting depth of town design. your rows of bushes by the police station are a confusing feature, if it can be called that, and the path being led so askew by the several misplaced buildings is a shame. near sparkle's house, the windmill area is quaint, and the field of red and yellow tulips is adequate in terms of design. the red apples match nicely. your stepping stone path is nicely used in between different areas, but using a few stepping stones would give a more natural town look. consider framing houses or buildings with trees, unless you like the blocky look given by a house. your campsite is dismally landscaped, and with no obvious colour scheme for your town, oranges and yellows would have been a more appropriate choice. the path between chrissy and eunice's house is sweet, a real throwback vibe to aclgttc. ★spark★'s house is empty, as before.

sparkle's house exterior looks unfinished, and the inside is a confusing mish-mash of items of different themes. is this a storage character? the right room is just as odd, and the left leaves just as much to be desired. the start of a themed room is a solid idea, however. upstairs, your decor improves significantly, with matching wallpaper and carpet, and the display of odd items being a little more cohesive than the 1955 advant garde collage of the previous rooms.

your colour scheme with purple and white tulips above the town hall is nice, and the zig zag around the fire pit is the best landscaping in your entire town, i'd say. a nice lil' chunk of town to end on.

thank you for having me in your town, and good luck with making progress in the future!

please rate my dream town. here is the address: 4A00-0046-0185! thanks in advance! <3

Last edited:
town name: Celery
dream code: 6B00-0042-F58F
aesthetics: ★☆☆☆☆
theme: ★☆☆☆☆
colour: ★★★☆☆
design: ★☆☆☆☆
overall: ★☆☆☆☆
comment: I don't know where to start, but I suppose it would be with the town name. I know Celery seemed like it was quirky and different, but it disturbed me how it clashed with your actual town. A name that fits with pink, unfinished-garden towns would have been more appropriate for what I was about to witness.

Based upon your reviews of other towns I held high expectations. Those were destroyed upon wandering below your plaza. Just to the left of your oh-so-symmetrical area, there was a large gap containing nothing but bush starts and a couple random flowers. I would expect someone of your demeanor in the least to fill this empty area with flowers that match what you may call your "aesthetic". There were many empty spaces. I began to believe these would only be in the bottom areas of town, but again I was disappointed. There are empty areas within the middle of town as well. These were scattered with bush starts and...t-shirt patterns? Your beach was barren as well, which could easily be spruced up with flowers and patterns. I was distraught by the amount of clothing left on the ground. I'm not positive if this was meant to be decoration or if it was pure laziness before updating your dream address.

I found the amount of times I was stopped abruptly by bushes, a public works project, or trees concerning. You may want to decipher a path that flows. I found myself having to create a path I could follow seamlessly. The patterns you used were mainly for decoration around public works projects which was not the least bit helpful. I saw you have a stone path in your patterns, but you don't actually use it. That perplexes me as it would compliment your confusing town. Clovers would fit more naturally, but green on green is just tacky.

I am completely disturbed by your public works projects in general. They clash with the pink garden theme you are questionably attempting. The zen town hall and train station are not complemented in the least by the modern projects. The tower is too bright for the zen look, if that was even your theme. You should choose either zen or pink, the two do not blend nicely. The most concerning public works project I came across with the bridges. They do not match. At all. You have three completely different bridges. A gentle suggestion being, the best way to state your theme is to have the bridge of that type. You have a basic bridge, a fairytale bridge, and a zen-type bridge. This does not convey your aesthetic well.

The last bit of criticism I might annex would be concerning your houses. I was beyond disappointed with your houses. Based on the way you spoke of grand tile floors upon entry I was a little saddened to find a measly egg floor in your house. It also seems you have expanded your homes and did not bother to adjust the furniture in either before updating your dream address. Your mayor's home lacks in theme. It is cluttered with items that do not match. I also found the wallpaper and flooring bland, even distasteful for the furniture it has been paired with. This house could be expanded much more to convey your theme better. Try styling multiple rooms rather than throwing every measly thing you own into one room.

Now, your side character's home is extremely empty. The theme is obvious this time, which is slightly comforting. The wallpaper and flooring are the exact ones from the beginning of the game. It ties a theme together to have wallpaper and flooring fitting the theme of the home. Anything such as the yellow of the wallpaper and the purple of the gamecube contrast. And not in a good way. This house needs to be expanded as well.

By far, my favorite part of your town (surprisingly) was the area leading up to town hall. It was laid out nicely and had pleasant symmetry. I also enjoy the color scheme (for the most part)

Back