• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Languages you would like to learn?

I'd love to learn Chinese (Mandarin).

I'm currently learning Spanish. I've also learned a bit of Japanese, and have tried to learn a bit of Korean too, but I just haven't had much time to put into it. I'd like to learn Chinese, German, and Russian too.

I've started and stopped Spanish so many times I'd really love to actually learn and retain most of the basic lessons at least. Besides that I'd love to learn Taiwanese or what it is specifically that my grandmother speaks.

I decided to minor Japanese for college but

Currently fluent in English and Arabic
Very advanced in Spanish
And intermediate in Latin (I want to pursue this more I really like it)

Used to speak French but that is gone now. I like to think the fact that I learned Arabic french and English as a kid is the reason I can pronounce most languages without thjat gross English speaker accent

already answered this but i'm surprised that a lot of people want to learn japanese
my boyfriend knows quite a lot of japanese and korean. he says they're not as complicated as people think
i'd never want to learn it myself though because it's pointless for me and i don't really like how it sounds
i also want to speak fluent french, i took that and german in school but i ended up skipping a lot of my french classes. i wish i didn't because i would be a lot better

Last edited:
I already can speak enough French to get by, but I'd love to learn a lot more of that. And learn more Dutch and German too.

im taking spanish classes right now, pretty cool
i'd like to learn both spanish and german.

I'm so close to being fluent in ASL (American Sign Language). Well, mostly PSE, but it's still ASL. I'm in love with the deaf culture and their language is so so beautiful. I'm also taking a class for German, though I don't ever see myself becoming fluent. I've always wanted to learn Italian, but I slowly stopped that want over the years. My main language I want to learn is ASL.

Back