• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

If you could learn one language instantly...

im being drawn to spanish. maybe i’ve being influenced by an extraterrestrial lifeform????

Like many other people, Japanese. I've been casually learning it for a long time so I'd say I'm at a mid-upper intermediate level (excluding speaking and writing) but to get to an advanced/fluent level you need to be pretty immersed in the language which is difficult to do when you live in a different country and have responsibilities.

Last edited:
Chinese, because I just love how it sounds and it's a very subtle language that I'm unsure I'll ever be able to master.
I wish my parents had let me learn Chinese in middle school !

Japanese, for sure. It's such a beautiful language, phonetically!

I would love to learn Japanese or Korean, and be better at mandarin while learning some canto in the side.

Spanish would be absolutely lovely! My name is Antonio and I'm "Hispanic" because of genetics but I never really felt like I'm truly Hispanic.

Either English, it would be nice to to know proper English and not just what I learned from forums or a complicated one. Maybe Chinese. prononciation seems hard. Japanese or Korean would be great too but maybe I just have to study more.

It would be Khmer (Cambodian) because I live here currently with no desire to move and it would just make the most sense in the long run. It would also help immensely on my path to naturalization lol. But I can also just continue practicing and get better on my own with time. A language in which I have zero entry point to right now that I would want to be fluent in would be Mandarin Chinese. My father's side is Khmer-Chinese and I have a very typical South East Asian Chinese surname, so before people think I'm Khmer people just automatically think Chinese already anyways. Long story short I'd want to learn languages that make the most sense with how I look lol. My mom's Korean and I'm already fluent in Korean (born and raised) so I can make it out fine there. Now I need to get my dad's side perfected lol.

Japanese for obvious reasons. I mean, I did start the anime thread here...

If I havn't learned english already I would have said english but sooo it would be korean or japanese. I think both languages amazing and I really want to visit both countrys sometime soon in the future!

Back