• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The Delta variant and when you expect the COVID-19 pandemic to end

nintendofan85

Good grief.
Bells
Switch
7144-2399-2801
Green Candy
Red Candy
Tasty Cake
Winter Mittens
Ancient Candle
Pumpkin Cupcake
Voodoo Doll
First of all, I know that maybe me making this thread isn't exactly in the best of timing as obviously the last year and a half have been dominated by numerous COVID-related threads here on Brewster's Cafe on this forum, but as I'm an American, this is a topic I really would like to discuss.

Perhaps naively, as far back as May, I thought the worst of the pandemic was largely behind us. Around this time I was receiving my two doses of the Pfizer vaccine and it seemed like things were reopening and we were returning to the lives we had before the virus came.

Then the Delta variant started seriously spreading, and maybe things have started to reverse in terms of speed somewhat, but here in the United States anyway, the vaccination rate began to stall. Even now, only around 52% of Americans are fully vaccinated, which is just barely over half of the nation's population. The Delta variant appears to be making case numbers dramatically increase.

For myself, all of this comes at a time of headwinds and crossroads. In just a few days, I'm starting my last semester of college, set to graduate in December. I do plan to go to law school after college, but I won't be able to start until the 2022-2023 academic year begins a year from now-so I'll be having a gap semester in the spring of 2022. However, many of the goals I had set for myself as I had thought the COVID-19 pandemic would be over with by then, such as traveling abroad and doing internships, now seem to be becoming impossible.

What does everyone think here? From a standpoint domestically here in the US, it's very easy for me to blame those who refuse to get vaccinated or even wear masks (as many mask mandates are now returning, even for vaccinated citizens). At the same time, I have to realize when talking about traveling abroad (especially as I've been hoping to travel to Japan as soon as possible) that not only are other countries unfortunately having to get vaccinated later, since so much of the development of the vaccines was done in the US anyway (plus, for example in the case of Japan, its government has had a slow rollout of the vaccine under the administration of its prime minister, Yoshihide Suga, which is part of the reason why Japan's vaccination rate is the lowest of all G7 countries, although ironically that of G7 nations, the US's rate is the second-lowest behind Japan's), but also, other variants could clearly come as well, and be even more contagious than the Delta variant is, which is already the most contagious variant of COVID-19 ever found.

It just is now starting to really seem like this pandemic will drag on and it has no end in sight, and it just seems like from an American perspective that people's selfishness is pretty much the biggest cause, although I know that cannot necessarily be reiterated abroad. (Although, I am aware that in some countries such as France and Australia, protests against lockdowns and vaccine passports have been taking place, especially as French President Emmanuel Macron has discussed the idea) It's just a shame that opportunities that normally seem like they'd have perfect timing for may now not be able to happen all because this virus drags on.

Fortunately, a third dose will eventually come, but I won't be able to get it until February 2022, as you aren't supposed to get it until eight months after getting the second dose of the Pfizer or Moderna.

Honestly, it's not just made school more difficult, but has made finding a good job more difficult as well (and unnecessarily complicated). I won't go into that right now because I've already talked about it on this site before, but having Aspergers/ASD + my mom's death + the pandemic has really taken the wind out of my sails in that department.

As for when it will end? You're right, from an American perspective it will never end so far as people refuse to get vaccinated. Even when it does end, I anticipate that we may have to receive shots for it for the rest of our lives like we do for the flu.

It's just irritating. It should have been over with a long time ago, but it's not, and like you said, there doesn't seem to be any end in sight.

COVID is far, far, FAR more likely to kill you than the vaccine is. The more serious side effects of the vaccine are incredibly rare. I'll happily take my chances with the Pfizer vaccine once I get the invitation to finally get the jab here in QLD Australia.

COVID will probably be around for the long haul at this point. It's a shame it wasn't taken more seriously from the start. I would have loved to see my mom this year for Halloween or Christmas but no, I can't, because foreign travel between the US and Australia is banned for good reason. People prefer to listen to conspiracy theorists rather than actual scientists and doctors. It's nuts.

There seems to be a lot of misinformation and confusion in regards to the vaccine. I don’t think not getting vaccinated is a sign of selfishness as there may be genuine concern with why someone does or doesn’t trust the vaccine. With false and inaccurate information going around like having years of research into the COVID vaccine when it hasn’t even been known for that long. I honestly feel like the vaccine was rushed, and there would be less side affects if there were more research put into it. It’s starting to turn into a war of “I’m right, you’re wrong” for some people and shaming other people for personal decisions, especially if there is a genuine concern involving that decision. It’s come to the point where if someone brings up something about masks or vaccines, there’s inevitably going to be drama with this “I’m right, you’re wrong” mentality.

Now, with all the unknown and mystery with the COVID vaccine, I don’t feel comfortable getting vaccinated at this current point in time. However, it’s not due to selfishness. I feel like that word gets thrown around a lot. Secondly, I was debating on whether or not to actually comment as I know this is a difficult topic for most people, but with all the misinformation being thrown around like I said… maybe some facts will help some people, but definitely calling someone’s decision to not get vaccinated selfish isn’t the right move. I have more thoughts on the topic of COVID and the vaccine, but I won’t post them publicly. I’m willing to discuss though… I just don’t feel comfortable getting it when there are known side affects, like someone needing to get their legs amputated, severe blood clots, even death from the vaccine. Waiting for more information seems to be logical as right now I’m skeptical, and still not 100% sure.

I’m sorry, but much of what you are sharing is in fact misinformation. There is not a lot of mystery and unknowns with the vaccine, at least according to medical science, and every reputable medical professional in the world, who also recommend getting vaccinated. The risks you describe are minuscule, in particular compared to the risk of Covid itself. For example, there is more than a 10x higher chance of blood clots as a side effect of covid than from the vaccines.

What has been researched for decades is the mRNA vaccine technology (even if no vaccine before this one has been approved for use in humans, researchers have been working toward an mRNA vaccine for I believe around 30 years), and other corona viruses, Covid is a new type of Coronavirus, but they have in fact been around and studied for decades. What is far far less known than the effects and side effects of the vaccine, are the long term effects of Covid, whether you become seriously ill or not. And pretty much every treatment for Covid is also far more experimental than any vaccine and the long term effects of these treatments are also unknown. Any vaccine you have ever received, every pill you have ever taken, had side effects and risks associated with it, up to and including death. But generally, medical science is worth it, because the benefits far outweigh the risks.

it is fine if you want to have compassion for people who are scared of getting vaccinated. However, they are scared because of misinformation, and sensationalism in the media of the minuscule risks associated with the vaccine, many of which are common with any vaccine.

the safest course of action unless you have an identified risk factor, is to be vaccinated. That is a fact and people can make of it what they want. The most responsible thing anyone who can be vaccinated can do is be vaccinated. This is also a fact.

I am in favor of reasonable discourse. And I am taking you at your word that you are sincerely interested in the truth, so I will just say. Talk to a docotor. Talk to many doctors. Read reputable scientific sources. There is not medical procedure or medication that is without risk, it is true. But if you read that the covid vaccine is more dangerous than not being vaccinated, then that was a lie, it is as simple as that. I believe you have been misled and are not purposely misrepresenting things (as I imagine is true of many anti vaxxers and they do have my pity). But the information about the vaccines you have shared here are not facts. They are based in misinformed fear, which has been wittingly and unwittingly spread by irresponsible people. And it is quite literally killing people, and that is why I can’t be silent about it, as much as I dread conflict.

I hope you stay safe, I do not wish you ill. But yes, the anti-vaxxer movement makes me very angry.

in my opinion it is also the responsibility of any moral person who wants to live in a society to be vaccinated and protect those who cannot be vaccinated, that is my personal belief, and i understand all do not share it, but for me it is the same reason that you shouldn’t drink and drive - in a society, our actions are not just for ourselves, but to protect the vulnerable. I understand that is my own personal view point, but I am entitled to it and to disagree with those who feel they are entitled to endanger my family and friends. I think people who could get vaccinated but choose not to because of made up reasons are selfish.That’s my opinion and it isn’t some great persecution against anyone - if they are entitled to their opinions and actions then I am entitled to mine. personally, I would like the pandemic to end, or at least become manageable, but at every turn this is thwarted by people, whether ‘anti-maskers’ or ‘anti-vaxxers’ who would rather risk themselves and everyone around them, than actually respect objective facts and science.

I don't live in the US so I don't know the full situation other than the Delta variant is running rampant in certain states which has coincided with schools and colleges starting up again after the summer holidays. Here in the UK that same variant is still being spread simply because there are still a lot of people who are refusing to get vaccinated and sadly the county I live in is now the number one hot spot for Covid in the country. Hearing that statistic yesterday has since made me mad all because there is a small number of people who still don't believe in the virus, don't believe masks help and feel the vaccine is more dangerous than the virus which is absurd.

We're now 18 months into this pandemic with no real end in sight and whilst I'm glad and proud to be vaccinated I have no sympathy or understanding towards those who are still against being vaccinated. I don't care that anyone who won't get vaccinated hates being called selfish because they don't trust the science and believes everything they read on the internet. Anti-vaxxers/anti-covid believers are the reason why these variants keep spreading because if they catch it, they're more likely to end up in hospital on a ventilator whilst spreading it to the others who despite being vaccinated will still become very ill from their selfish actions. In turn those that have been vaccinated will still sadly then pass it on to others and the cycle of the virus continues and we'll truly never get out of this pandemic.

So get vaccinated (unless you're medically exempt), not just for yourself but for those you love too. It's the only way we can get back to normal life again.

It's a simple as that.

Last edited:
I had a lot of hope that it was ending at the start of summer, but now I really believe the delta variant is a game changer.

Unfortunately last week my fully vaccinated grandmother tested positive for Covid. She had a fever and was very tired from what I understand. She has a lot of health issues and I’m thankful that she had the vaccine but it would be scary to think about what would have happened if she didn’t.

I hate to say that I’m nervous being around crowds again despite being fully vaccinated. I just hate how Covid was turned into such a political issue. I got my second shot early June so I’m glad I’ll get to see everyone get their third dose before me! I got pretty sick from the second shot but I’d take that over being put on a ventilator for Covid.

I also understand this is a hot button issue but it makes me upset that these companies and schools are taking away remote options so everyone has no choice but to be fully in person. Covid is still very much a risk and I think these things should be options at least as we go into winter. I’m glad I don’t have kids because I have no idea what I would do.

at this point covid is endemic imo, I don't think it'll ever truly go away. I do feel though that at some point certain restrictions will have to ease eventually, and that we'll make covid shots something like a flu shot (not comparing covid to the flu, just saying how I think it could work). delta seems to ignore the vaccine which is concerning, but it is nice to hear that it's effects on the fully vaccinated are pretty minimal.

I've been fully vaccinated since early July and I haven't heard much antivaxx bs locally either so I think that's promising for my community, but I still expect delta to reach us at some point as our university has students coming from harder hit areas in the world, and as travel restrictions continue to decrease and we have more tourist traffic from other provinces.

I think getting vaccinated is the smart thing to do, and anyone who hasn't yet should consider it, considering how hard this delta strain hits. I've been lucky to live in an area that's only had 2 small lockdowns throughout this whole thing with minimal cases of covid reported throughout, but I know this hasn't been the case for most people, it's honestly one of the few times I've been fortunate to live where I live.

we'll all get through this, stay strong ✊

I saw an ad for a bus travel agency the other day whose main point was that being tested for covid is "finally" (direct quote) not required anymore.

Unless you have a genuine medical reason why you can't get vaccinated, you're a selfish prick, plain and simple. You're scared of the vaccine? Cool, I've been scared (and still am) of the long-term complications I WILL suffer if I get the virus (we're talking stuff like a very high chance of kidney failure here) and for a year or so I've been told that's acceptable collateral damage if only healthy people don't have to miss out on their precious abroad vacation for a summer or two. Forgive me if I'm not exactly overflowing with sympathy anymore.

Last edited:
Don't even get me started. Covid-19 has been a pain too given that we are dealing with this delta strain and its getting worse in the US. I don't know why people are so against wearing masks when they see the cases are rising. I gotten my shots since March 28th, and April 26th, but now I heard that we may need to get Booster Shots in the next 8 months for this delta variant. Idk who to trust in the media anymore this whole thing has been a complete mess.

Also and another thing that really bothers me is that it just seems like common sense is so dead in society when people don't seem to get the real issue of what this pandemic has caused around the world. Past pandemic in history were stopped when enough people just simply followed the rules of how not to get everyone sick. Today it just seems like ever since this whole "Mask Debate" came up it just seems like there is no way to get through others because they either refused the vaccine or they are not taking the virus seriously.

Yeah, people who have been selfish from the start have ruined this for me. Covid got me extremely sick when it started, from anxiety alone. I won’t get into it because what happened is actually pretty traumatic for me. Suffice it to say, if you refuse to wear a mask or get vaccinated I have zero sympathy for you. I have sympathy for so many people, but when you refuse to do something to help others, you’re being selfish. It’s hurting other people. I just will never understand it. I want this to be over and done with so badly, but with the type of people rampant in The U.S. I have a feeling it’ll never happen. I have family members with breathing issues and it’s all just so frustrating.

edit: I went in hard because yesterday I had to drive pst antivaxxers on campus because it’s mandated here. It’s equivalent to grown people scared of a boogeyman. I’ve been so nice about it but when people who don’t know how to read scientific journals think they know what they’re talking about, it’s infuriating. You’re a healthy adult and wanna stay that way? Get a vaccine. Vaccines are not CURES, that’s never how they’ve worked. Viruses do not have a cure. It introduces your body to the virus early to help fight it off later. That’s why you can still spread it. If you think the vaccine is scary and bad, you know what’s worse? Getting Covid-19 head on. That could cause problems for the rest of your life. Please do actual research.

Last edited:
It’ll never end because a ton of doofuses refuse to get vaccinated. I was one of the first 500,000 Americans to get the vaccine and I’ve been perfectly fine the last 7 months I got it. But since a little under half of American says “iTs nOt tRuStWoRThY” it just won’t happen.

It’ll probably be very mild in other countries after a while but I doubt covid is going away anytime soon in America. It’ll go on for years sadly.
Post automatically merged:

Which, honestly for me, is whatever at this point. I’ve done my due diligence and gotten my vaccines (getting 3rd one in early October) and if the vaccines continue to keep me safe then so be it. There needs to come a point where the people at are fully vaccinated, maybe after the 3rd booster, should be allowed to live their lives normally and the pandemic continues for the unvaccinated.

I really thought this whole thing was finally ending back in May too—cases were super low in my area, people were getting vaccinated, etc. I was still staying masked and playing it super safe, but, well... yeah. We all know the Delta situation.
I have no idea when the pandemic will actually end, but I just hope things can at least get back to the way they were in May soon. Even fully vaccinated and masked, no one in my family feels comfortable getting even a checkup at the doctor's, both with how overloaded hospitals and clinics are and with how much exposure to Delta we'd be risking. I was hoping to start therapy this summer and finally get on some antidepressants and anxiety medication, but that's no longer a possibility for me because therapy isn't something I can do online in my situation. I wanted to find a new chiropractor to help me deal with my back problems (I have mild scoliosis), but that's not a possibility anymore either. Seeing relatives over the holidays seems unlikely.
I've just got so many problems and worries and I'm completely powerless to do anything about them right now, and it's incredibly draining and frustrating. I can't stand that my life situation, and my family's situations, are totally dependent on whether or not people I don't even know will get vaccinated and take precautions. If everyone had just followed guidelines, this whole thing would've been over in a few weeks or just a couple months, and we wouldn't be having to go through all this now.

I am so incredibly frustrated by this whole thing and I'm really at the end of my rope in terms of empathy for anti-vaxxers.

This pandemic should have ended earlier and it could've but people have been beyond selfish and it's grating on my nerves. People are twisting facts to suit their own narrative so that they can feel like they're in the right when not getting vaxxed or not wearing a mask (or at he very least if they do wear a mask so they can feel like they're in the right when they complain about it or wear it wrong). The coronavirus was a brand new virus, of course the doctors weren't 100% sure on what to expect. Them deciding later on, down the line, that masks are helpful in reducing the spread wasn't them suddenly deciding, "oh you know what would be cool? Let's do a social experiment and see if we can get people to follow guidelines like... wearing a mask!" I just. How are people so dense? It's not some social experiment, it's a damn pandemic. There's hundreds of other guidelines we follow ~because the government says so~ and it doesn't make us sheep, so why people draw the line at wearing a mask to protect others from getting sick has always baffled me.

The response to the vaccines has been even more irritating. Here we are, with a damn vaccine, and people are turning their nose up to it. They're deciding that the things they read on Facebook or the information they get via fox news is superior to health officials saying the vaccine is healthy and safe. The percentage of the population who can't get the vaccine for medical purposes is very small and those are things you discuss with your doctor. Again, I would like to reiterate because I've said it elsewhere - I'm not frustrated with people who can't get the vaccine I'm frustrated with the people who can but choose not to. The pandemic is ongoing because of the people who choose not to.

"But why does it matter if they get the vaccine if you already have it, and it protects you?" Because not getting the vaccine affects everyone. There are children who still can't get vaccinated, people with medical exemptions that can't get vaccinated - they rely on herd immunity which we aren't giving them. Furthermore when the hospitals begin to fill back up (which they will) largely with people who choose to not be vaccinated that impacts all of us. That results in ICU's being overwhelmed which is what causes the lockdowns. Our society cannot safely function if we can't depend on the fact that we have healthcare if something happens. So we halt everything. We try to halt the amount of people going to work to not only halt the spread, but also halt potential car accidents because there is no room in the hospital if you get in one. We don't have a bunch of magical beds, there's no "this is the COVID ICU and this is the everyone else ICU," it's all the same and it's not never-ending. This also has the domino effect of hospitals not being able to do surgeries because again, there's no bed space. Which means we are post-poning cancer patients, those waiting for organ transplants, all because selfish people are deciding to make COVID-19 into a political movement for no damn reason.

I'm exhausted. This has been going on for years and it's put my entire life on hold and I'm bitter about it. I'm not able to just, "get back to normal" and go on vacations, out to eat, to see a movie, like other people are. Covid-19 has set me back in terms of my mental health but I can't access therapy because, you guessed it! Covid. It's all online therapy right now which I get but that's not an option for me a the moment, not to mention the waist list if I want one that's government funded is huge.

Ontario is sort of starting to make vaccines mandatory, but they're dancing around the issue. It's not really mandatory it's a, "you have to get the vaccine!!! .... but if you really don't want to you can watch an educational video and get tested weekly,". It's still up in the air with how often the weekly tests are, which tests they're intending to use, and who's going to pay for it. It's frustrating, especially in health care/child care settings to see people kick up a fuss when like... we had to give our employers our vaccination records to get the damn job??? Both of my childcare jobs I've had to show them proof of vaccinations because you can't work with children, a vulnerable population, unless you've been vaccinated against measles, polio, etc. etc. because you need to keep them safe. But suddenly with covid, a disease we've all been witnessing the outcome of, people are against it? Because of the lies being pushed on social media and fake news? It's frustrating, even more so when the people helping to push the lies are healthcare professionals.

I'm tired. The vaccine has been out and in use for months now. There's been more than enough time for anti-vaxxers to go talk to healthcare professionals and also just.... see the results with their own eyes. The vaccine helps. Vaccines help. There's a chance of severe side effects but go read the bottle of Advil or any other OTC medication you take. Hell, if you take prescription medication read the side effects of those. Everything has a risk. But the benefits outweigh the risk, the covid vaccine went through testing. Real testing. They didn't whip it up in a lab one day, decide it probably works, and start mass producing it and using it on the general population.

Just yesterday there was an anti-mask rally in my community. Quite frankly, I was disgusted. I really don’t get how you could be against doing not only the bare minimum, but also not doing something that causes a mild inconvenience at worst. It’s not an issue of rights. It’s an issue of this is a (hopefully) once-in-a-lifetime global catastrophe that requires you to play your very small part. There are not two sides to this argument. and don’t even get me started on mesh masks

Regarding the vaccine, I can understand why people are anxious. It’s an injection. Despite this, I think people really need to step up. If you’re so eager to be free, play your part. Get the vaccine.

Ontario is sort of starting to make vaccines mandatory, but they're dancing around the issue. It's not really mandatory it's a, "you have to get the vaccine!!! .... but if you really don't want to you can watch an educational video and get tested weekly,".

This!!!! I’m tired of hearing about “vaccine mandates” that don’t actually mandate the vaccine. I guess the inconvenience of testing is supposed to wear you down, and I think testing is better than nothing, but it seems this option will be costly in the long term. I know mandates of anything are tricky, but I think we’re in a very unique situation here.

This!!!! I’m tired of hearing about “vaccine mandates” that don’t actually mandate the vaccine. I guess the inconvenience of testing is supposed to wear you down, and I think testing is better than nothing, but it seems this option will be costly in the long term. I know mandates of anything are tricky, but I think we’re in a very unique situation here.

Yeah, testing is better than nothing but I think it’ll really depend on what kind of testing & if it’s paid for or not. If people need to shell out for a 3x a week nasal probing test I’m sure that’ll get old really quick.

But if it’s government funded and just a little cheek swab or whatever the easier one is? I could see that going on for a while.

Side note but I love your username every time I see it it makes me smile 😂💕

Being someone who has worked through the entire pandemic and often incredibly long and difficult hours that bordered well over double-shifts daily, I really don't have a lot of sympathy for people making this more difficult than it should be. Many of us carried the government and US on our back when everything was shut-down with the promise that things would get better and we just had to do our part. Well, it's still happening and some people aren't doing their part and we're not really any better off. So I really can't sympathize with people/the government when they pooped the bed in the most painful and slowest way possible.

I don't know if my post will get deleted because of the passive-aggresivness, but I honestly don't care because every day I have to hear this kind of stuff all the time from the extreme opposite side.

Just to add on what others have reiterated, that without more people getting vaccinated the more likely life will never return to what it was before. Even more so now that the northern hemisphere is leaving summer and entering autumn (fall) and eventually winter the likelihood of a spike in COVID cases on the horizon. This will lead to lockdowns with more people out of work and education happening online instead.

In fact a friend of mine told me that her Uni will be doing at home learning from September despite the strong vaccine rollout here in the UK. She’s about to enter her third year training to be a radiographer and she’s upset that she can’t return to lectures. I know a lot of uni students are also angry that they’re paying astronomical fees for university yet are doing their classes online either in their dorm rooms or at home. It just goes to show how much this pandemic has uprooted so many lives with no end in sight for the foreseeable future.

Yet there are those who believe the virus is a hoax, refuse to wear face masks, think the vaccine is a way for governments to control us and then go on protests where the virus will spread. If anything they’re the ones that are adding to this endless cycle of spikes in the virus, new mutations and the lockdowns that are still happening across the world.

I got sick despite being vaccinated. I didn't get very sick, and fully recovered, but other friends fared less well and lost their senses of smell or have digestive issues since infection, despite being vaccinated. I tested positive for the Delta variant. My friends who refused vaccination got very ill and are only just now recovering from coronavirus disease, nearly three weeks after their initial symptoms. If you don't get the vaccine you will suffer unnecessarily.

Coronavirus doesn't care what you think. It doesn't care what your dreams and aspirations are, what nice things you've done for others in the past, or what your beliefs of the risks are. It doesn't care how lonely you are. Exponential growth in first person is absolutely scary, let me assure you. One day you're suddenly sick and so are all of your friends, and you've given COVID to several people you've had contact with in between the time period you were exposed and first felt ill. It all comes down on you instantaneously, you are forced into the fire without a single moment to think and accommodate. You and your friends all suffer together. You're all seeking tests and huddling into crowded urgent care centers with 4 hour wait times for a test, with people sitting on the floor coughing because there's no chairs left in the waiting room. You temporarily become part of the dark underbelly of society, the people all actively suffering with coronavirus disease. Your suffering is entirely invisible and no one cares. Your friends who don't have COVID yet will mock you for being so dumb as to get coronavirus. Your work's HR will harass you to complete contact tracing. Governments are actively trying to will away COVID and it's not working.

I'm still pretty beat up mentally by the experience, but physically I am fine.

This is my second and final post on my experience with COVID. I have to move on and get better and heal. I'm tired of crying.

It's gonna hurt for a bit of time.

Last edited:
This pandemic also practically forgot about it's 'essential workers' and front-liners early on. It was just a publicity stunt to tout nonsense. And even before things were even shaping to be better, they took away any bonuses or hazard pays that they should had just been grandathered in with for dealing with this situation.

One of the jobs I used to work for sent an email saying how they were getting rid of our bonus mid last year. A bunch of people bailed. They decided to keep half of the bonus because of that. Then they decided 'Well we will keep half of the measly bonus, but you won't get anything else the next year to compensate' More people bailed. Them: 'Shocked Pikachu face'

We're facing another shortage on everything again and it's not the panic that the pandemic caused in the beginning which caused people to hoard, but because the work-force is done with this crap and just bailing. A lot of folks are getting unemployment benefits that equal or are more than the people currently working to keep the economy stabilized and afloat. Now I don't mind if folks need those benefits, but you need to make sure that the people working are being compensated accordingly, which they are not and most can't even make ends meet.

If anything this pandemic has shown how glaringly our government is out of touch with us.

Back