• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Politics General Discussion Thread - "USA Presidential Election 2016" Editon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it's bad that Trump won, it is. But I am glad that Hillary lost. In fact, back when she was running against Obama for the Democratic Party, I wanted Obama to win against her. I never liked her to begin with, but I didn't hate Obama back then. And when she was running against Bernie, I wanted Bernie to win. But he lost. And Trump was my least favorite of the Republicans. But it doesn't matter who wins. We're all screwed, but at least I don't get to see Hillary.

Never have I been as happy to live in Sweden as I am right now. My thoughts goes out to the american people.

Never have I been as happy to live in Sweden as I am right now. My thoughts goes out to the american people.

And I'm happy that you don't have to suffer his presidency in the next four years either. It's only the Americans that have to worry.

To be fair, he did say a lot during the election that was uncalled for. His treatment of women is an issue, but I think this election was more about the American public standing AGAINST something than FOR something.

If he continues to act like an idiot, the American people will turn against him very quickly. He needs to change the way he presents himself for there not to be a mutiny. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, but we'll see.

He already acts like an idiot and clearly that doesn't bother anybody.

- - - Post Merge - - -

How much power is Trump really going to have as the president anyway? Some people make it sound like he could get a lot of his plans through but others seem to very much disagree. I don't know enough about American politics to know what to expect.

It depends on Congress. Sadly though, a lot of the seats were filled by Republicans so I'm not sure what will happen.

And I'm happy that you don't have to suffer his presidency in the next four years either. It's only the Americans that have to worry.

Frankly, it was a no-win situation. I'm not to happy with how polarized things have gotten. I'm sure you guys will persevere this time too though.

Lmao apparently the Canadian immigration website went down due to heavy traffic or something......//brb dying

To be fair, he did say a lot during the election that was uncalled for. His treatment of women is an issue, but I think this election was more about the American public standing AGAINST something than FOR something.

If he continues to act like an idiot, the American people will turn against him very quickly. He needs to change the way he presents himself for there not to be a mutiny. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, but we'll see.

Yeah, it was kinda true that the election was like that.

If it was Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio, or Ben Carson that won the Republican nominee, I would vote FOR someone. But with Trump and Clinton, I had to vote AGAINST someone. My choice is to either let the bigot who said mean things win, or let the traitor who betrayed America win. Neither is a feasible option, but I had to vote, to keep the greater evil out.

So this means that my dad might get deported, and so my mother and I will probably lose our homes and starve to death.

Well, at least he wants to get rid of common core.

So this means that my dad might get deported, and so my mother and I will probably lose our homes and starve to death.

You're certainly optimistic! This won't happen. Please don't be surreal. Trump alone doesn't have the power to commit such acts against humanity.

i don't live in america, but i feel bad for americans, not just because trump got elected but also because from what i've heard clinton isn't much better.

i just hope that trump doesn't pass anything that basically undoes any of the stuff that's been put in place to try and make people more equal to each other, like the legalisation of gay marriage.

yes that's exactly what will happen. he will also nuke the entire world before blasting off to join his space nazi buddies on the moon

i just hope that trump doesn't pass anything that basically undoes any of the stuff that's been put in place to try and make people more equal to each other, like the legalisation of gay marriage.
If Trump does this, America will riot. It's hypothetically possible, but not plausible, so as an LGBT person, I'm not worried.

Guess what I saw as I was reading the election results.

11,000 voted Harambe during this election. Wow!

Well the world is headed to hell now that trump is in office. ��

Russia is ready to restore ties with the US.
http://www.reuters.com/article/usa-election-russia-putin-idUSR4N1D800D?c?

Donald Trump has done more for peace in one day than Obama has done in eight years.
MAGA MAGA MAGA

washington and moscow have fundamentally conflicting strategic interests. putin may want to shake trump's hand, but he wont be charmed out of defending his country's interests. maybe trump can forge a constructive parnership with putin, but he should never mistaken that for friendship - moscow doesn't do friendship

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back