Politics General Discussion Thread - "USA Presidential Election 2016" Editon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe he actually won. I'm shaking right now. I'm honestly even afraid to begin to imagine what our world's future will become.

Last edited:
honestly, if you read the podesta emails, you'll find that clinton held similar views to those that ppl crucified trump for. she was privately against gay marriage. privately acknowledged that radical islam was a real threat. privately admitted that terrorists would infiltrate the syrian refugee program. privately thought environmentalists should get a life. privately said that muslims, blacks, roma will never succeed regardless of the circumstances.

Hehe this should be interesting

- - - Post Merge - - -

Man, I just want all of these threads to die over.

Congrats Trump for winning, not that I really care unless you declare war on a South Korea for some unknown reason

South Korea? O_O

- - - Post Merge - - -

Now we wait til January tho -_-

honestly, if you read the podesta emails, you'll find that clinton held similar views to those that ppl crucified trump for. she was privately against gay marriage. privately acknowledged that radical islam was a real threat. privately admitted that terrorists would infiltrate the syrian refugee program. privately thought environmentalists should get a life. privately said that muslims, blacks, roma will never succeed regardless of the circumstances.

but the thing is most people haven't read the podesta emails - if they had, they wouldn't support her. they're damning.

people are too quick to believe what other people tell them to believe. there's such a cult mentality, especially on the internet, and people are so vehement about their beliefs and demonise anyone who doesn't believe with them (looking at you, tumblr) that no-one wants to be left out or on the wrong side of the mob.

no-one does their own research - they listen to what other teenagers and the popular media tells them.

of course, the democrats lost this election themselves when they rigged the primaries. so yeah, trump was right, the election was rigged.

I have Obama-Care, I'm half white, annnd I have Financial aid. Pretty sure I'm fudged once January hits. Luckily I only have one semester left of school and my spring term is already covered. Hopefully.

I'm not worried about the safety of this country, I'm worried about the sanity of the people living in it.

i cant believe this happened. how can someone like him win?
america is ****ed... the whole world is ****ed. i just hope this doesnt end in war...

I can't believe he actually won, I just feel so disappointed in America right now...

i cant believe this happened. how can someone like him win?
america is ****ed... the whole world is ****ed. i just hope this doesnt end in war...
Look, America will be fine. Like I said earlier, 99% of this election has been hyperbole on either side.

Trump was outspoken on the campaign trail because he needed to be. Most of the stuff he said won't happen because he doesn't need the American vote anymore.

Let's not forget that many people, including politicians, saw Hillary as a warmonger.

America survived World War 1, World War 2, and the Cold War in the last 100 years. We'll stick this out, too.

I can't believe the oompa loompa won the elected I'm so disappointed in my country to think there are people still out there with such ignorant views about the world AmericN will not be great again.

I can't believe the oompa loompa won the elected I'm so disappointed in my country to think there are people still out there with such ignorant views about the world AmericN will not be great again.

the real ignoramuses were hillary's media congolomerates. they thought they understood the electorate and tried to push a narrative for them to swallow. they were wrong.

it's not that people who voted trump hate blacks, latinos, gays

it's that they don't care about them because they have bigger things in their own life to care about. and that's what the washington bubble doesnt understand

One of the posts that makes the most sense out of all the rancid garbage I've seen

America survived World War 1, World War 2, and the Cold War in the last 100 years. We'll stick this out, too.

b-but im not from america...
your kinda right tho, he cant do anything. i just think his views are really frightning.

b-but im not from america...
your kinda right tho, he cant do anything. i just think his views are really frightning.
To be fair, he did say a lot during the election that was uncalled for. His treatment of women is an issue, but I think this election was more about the American public standing AGAINST something than FOR something.

If he continues to act like an idiot, the American people will turn against him very quickly. He needs to change the way he presents himself for there not to be a mutiny. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, but we'll see.

How much power is Trump really going to have as the president anyway? Some people make it sound like he could get a lot of his plans through but others seem to very much disagree. I don't know enough about American politics to know what to expect.

Everyone thought that Clinton would win but nope... it was Trump. I think that Trump will have a lot of power but it won't be absolute. I don't think that the wall will be successful. It's not practical to build a wall and ask Mexico to pay for it. I don't know about his other policies though. Maybe the republicans in the house and senate will agree with him. They may disagree with him. I did hear that the republicans in the legislature hate Trump so...

the wall is obviously a complete fantasy, and getting mexico to pay for it is an even bigger fantasy. the point is, he believes the southern border is a national security issue, and it seems the voters agree with him. it is very possible to reduce the surging flow of illegals flowing into america to a trickle through rigorous enforcement of existing laws. it can't be right that it is easier for an educated and skilled migrant to enter america illegally than to go through the proper immigration channels. there are also obvious national security benefits to preventing drug traffickers and narco-terrorists from crossing the border.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back