• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Villager Popularity List - Updated

When is the REAL update coming? I'm so hyped since last night!

im sorry mafia is addicting ):
i will have it up in 2 hours - thats usually when the vtp dies down anyways. id rather not do it now while a ton of people are cycling

Lol, I was hoping the update would come!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Btw I hope lucky, shep, and fuchsia all go up!

Updates

separated into groups for each tier they are currently in.

Increases
Diana [SUP]♚[/SUP] #1 tier 1 - the new queen
Fauna #6 [from #11]
Merengue #9 [from #12]
Punchy #13 [from #4 tier 2]

Coco #2 [from #23]
Melba #4 [from #13]
Octavian #6 [from #14]
Chrissy #7 [from 11]
Francine #8 [from #12]
Lucky #9 [from #23 tier 3]
Wolfgang #13 [from #28]
Roscoe #30 [from #24 tier 3]

Apollo #2 [from #7]
Peanut #3 [from #16]
Filbert #4 [from #17]
Papi #17 [from #idr tier 4]
Alice #27 [from #idr tier 4]
Cheri #28 [from #idr tier 4]
Eugene #30 [from #idr tier 4]

Henry #14 [from tier 5]
Grizzly #13 [from tier 5]

Decreases
Skye #10 [from #7]
Molly #12 [from #9]

Chief #3 [from #15 t1]
Flurry #10 [from #8]
Goldie #11 [from #9]
Zucker #12 [from 7]
Tangy #14 [from #10]
Rudy #22 [from #3]
Maple #26 [from #5]

Cookie #1 tier 3 [from #2 t2]
Poppy #7 tier 3 [from #16 t2]

Bam #24 [from #1]
Erik #18 [from #2]

O'Hare #1 [from #27 t3]
Tammy #2 [from #28 t3]
Sprinkle #3 [from #26 t3]
Blanche #11 [from #30 t3]

Bill & Kidd in tier 5 [from tier 4]

Last edited:
Some very big drops for some of tier two, poor maple and Rudy :(
Although I'm so pleased to see peanut and Filbert get to the top of tier 3! And Punchy in tier 1 again! His popularity is a strange one. one week everybody will want him and the next he will still sell but much slower. When I wanted him I was up against a lot of others, same as with marshal.
Ah and cookie in tier 3 :(

Good list :) I'm pleased about Grizzly too

Some very big drops for some of tier two, poor maple and Rudy :(
Although I'm so pleased to see peanut and Filbert get to the top of tier 3! And Punchy in tier 1 again! His popularity is a strange one. one week everybody will want him and the next he will still sell but much slower. When I wanted him I was up against a lot of others, same as with marshal.
Ah and cookie in tier 3 :(

Good list :) I'm pleased about Grizzly too

Haha I was waiting for you to see about Punchy. xD He's mentioned so many times by people in the LF thread - very rarely do I see him remain in boxes long. While chief, once again, isn't in huge demand atm ):
Lucky & Papi were other villagers that increased tremendously. and overall yea tier 2 had the most changes, a lot of them being drastic.

& Grizzly yeah :3 Henry is a random spark of interest... I wonder if it'll stay~
I do have a list of tier 5 villagers that have potential to make it into 4 if the random trend continues- will also put that in the edit when I wake up!

Last edited:
Roscoe is cool, I want hi in my town, I see his popularity increase as well

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yeah coco went up a lot, I can't get over how much melba has increased, poor cookie, I agree with diana, I see her everywhere on the lurking lists lol

I can see where all the big changes came in with tier two, it's going to look very different. But I can definitely see why it's been done.
So happy about Punchy :) I actually sent him a royal crown the other day, just in case he didn't make it to the top of this list again. Make him feel important still :)
I agree about chief :( for some reason he doesn't do well lately, but I'm very pleased Wolfgang had an increase! The wolves are strange generally, Fang is so popular yet at times he just gets left with no interest
Still feeling sorry for little maple :( I'll have to go and visit her now, in case she's heard about these changes :( ;)

I spy with my little eye, a green frog, without a name in tier 4 ;(

My lovely Diana is the new queen ❤️❤️❤️
Feel sad for Chief but I can se why he went down
Wolfgang #13 ❤️ I was happy to see people looking for him and buying him this week :)

Good job Alexi

Last edited:
When I first joined TBT and looked through Houndoom's and now Alexi's, I also used to think it was based off of people's favorites.

But there's so much more to it.

Think of the Tier List as a stock market. While the stock market alters daily, the tiers change weekly. The list works in the way that it changes based on what has been selling throughout the week; Think of a restaurant, some villagers were selling like hot cakes the past week, while some were left in the warmers far longer (or maybe even gone to waste/void). It deals with the demand and fluctuations of each and every villager available in ACNL and it reflects at the end of the week on Sunday's updates.

Lately, there's been people challenging Alexi's list, but how about y'all try parsing through several pages of cycling/selling/trading threads and try to truncate it into a singular list?

So, instead of casually waltzing into the VTP and thrashing Alexi's work because you disagree with it and don't have anything helpful or constructive, just don't say anything. Of course, your entitled to your opinion, it is our 1st Amendment (at least here in the US, but it is a basic human right), but whatever happened to "if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything"?

C'mon man.

Yeah I think supply/demand is a better way to frame it. Marshal's popularity is still through the roof, but the supply is just so high that it affects prices.

Also the 1st Amendment only restricts the government from taking away free speech, you goofball :p

I feel that tier 5 was required to diferentiate between bottom of the barrel and slightly popular. Pecan, Penelope, Colton, Gladys, Scoot, Bianca, Savannah, Pashmina and Margie (among others) cannot be in the same tier as the likes of Jitters, Sparro, Harry etc. Whilst I like all of these guys, there is a total popularity gap.

Last edited:
Back