What year introduced the best egg collectibles?

What year introduced the best egg collectibles?

• Total voters

Alolan_Apples

“Assorted” Collector
Bells
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Red Balloon
Banana
Green Cotton Candy
Yule Log
Pumpkin Glow Wand
Bee Plush
Frost Easter Egg
Purple Candy
White Tulip
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
While we have different baskets to choose from, let’s organize the Easter eggs based on year of introduction. Out of all of these years, which one had the best eggs, in terms of design?

In my opinion, I would go with 2018. Not only because of the Disco Ball Egg, but also because of the other eggs released that year. Even the worst of the eggs released that year (the Leaf Token Egg) is better than a good majority of the eggs. I find it disappointing that these eggs sold very low in numbers, hence why they’re so scarce.

Maybe it would be a good idea if an image reference with all the eggs were included in case, because I am not a TBT veteran so I have no idea what most of the eggs look like.

Because I know I'm not the only one who'd have to go digging through the old threads to see which years had which eggs, here's a list of what eggs were available each year for everyone's convenience.

2013/2014
hRPtdhB.png

Easter Egg
v7eROXd.png

Classic Easter Egg
BUWcMYf.png

Togepi Easter Egg
dAspn5V.png

Yoshi Easter Egg
7f2fIBh.gif

Golden Easter Egg
hRPtdhB.png

Easter Egg
v7eROXd.png

Classic Easter Egg
BUWcMYf.png

Togepi Easter Egg
dAspn5V.png

Yoshi Easter Egg
3dXmDGo.png

Waluigi Easter Egg
7f2fIBh.gif

Golden Easter Egg
hRPtdhB.png

Easter Egg
2mKcQKc.png

Sakura Easter Egg
DrZeYJF.png

Pikachu Easter Egg
sw4Nrv1.png

Candy Easter Egg
OhD13Pv.png

Dark Easter Egg
7f2fIBh.gif

Golden Easter Egg
WE0dGcU.png

Poptart Easter Egg
pn27v5Z.png

Chao Easter Egg
qj9Y1c0.png

Kirby Easter Egg
UfTTowO.png

Zen Easter Egg
d25AlXX.png

Galaxy Easter Egg
7f2fIBh.gif

Golden Easter Egg
IPwfp02.png

Eevee Easter Egg
lP1JO5Q.png

Leaf Ticket Easter Egg
ruLhaLw.png

Frost Easter Egg
LkY72jL.png

Disco Ball Easter Egg
DPKLoPF.png

Aurora Easter Egg
7f2fIBh.gif

Golden Easter Egg
tGmdGJA.png

Red Pikmin Easter Egg
yF5qJv3.png

Happy Ditto Easter Egg
e8DLR39.png

Pastel Disco Ball Easter Egg
kptBopI.png
Nightmare Easter Egg
7q1duKE.png

Dreamy Easter Egg
7f2fIBh.gif

Golden Easter Egg
2020 (Halloweaster)
p0pp5xF.png

Candy Corn Halloweaster Egg
4IILwSp.png

Moonlight Halloweaster Egg
bkaDnWP.png

Zombie Halloweaster Egg
kdwxF5s.png

Cobweb Halloweaster Egg
46fDO7X.png

Flick Halloweaster Egg
7f2fIBh.gif

Golden Easter Egg
cE5pWCZ.png

Daisy Easter Egg
Rf1iBjw.png

Turquoise Squid Easter Egg
618l1YV.png

My Melody Easter Egg
qAxtoCD.png
Dragonscale Easter Egg
y3c7fWW.png

Prismatic Easter Egg
7f2fIBh.gif

Golden Easter Egg
WxvyDCh.png

Will-o'-the-Wisp Halloweaster Egg (Halloween)
VKKtZ5s.png

Boo Halloweaster Egg (Halloween)
wKGbm6T.png

Fossil Easter Egg
LUhaBRN.png

Ladybug Easter Egg
PsjmTCq.png

Paradise Planning Easter Egg
Z0TRszF.png

Splat Easter Egg
8cIOnOR.png

Blue Junimo Easter Egg
ggZUc5z.png

Spring Bloom Easter Egg
7f2fIBh.gif

Golden Easter Egg
sIIzgkr.png

Gastly Halloweaster Egg (Halloween)
VudlFGk.png

Oblivia's Ugly Christmas Egg (Christmas)
TEo37Hd.png

Baby Chick Easter Egg
fJLBlFO.png

Froggy Easter Egg
il5rR1v.png
Sweetheart Easter Egg
epkhI7j.png

Crescent Moon Easter Egg
UmpakDM.png

Glitched Easter Egg
TAOk2IF.png

Stardust Easter Egg
7f2fIBh.gif

Golden Easter Egg
zmnRyt6.png

Mermaid Scale Halloweaster Egg (Halloween)

---

As for me, I'm a bit of an Easter Egg traditionalist where I prefer my eggs to look like you can make them at home even if you're not an amazing artist (so like me). As such, I lean more toward the earlier years. 2013-15 were simple and neat. 2017 is also a strong year, very impressive spread. I also want to give mention to 2020, I loved Halloweaster and am glad that Halloweaster eggs have continued to be a thing. 2022 deserves a mention too since it brought out so many new eggs.

I guess if I had to choose, I'd go 2017 since it's a nice balance of simple and fancy but overall still pretty grounded. Halloweaster 2020 is second place, 2013-15 era is third.

hehe i love the 2023 eggs the most :lemon:
really love the crescent moon, stardust, sweetheart, baby chick, and froggy :0)

Probably the 2020 Halloweaster Eggs. They just speak to me the most.

EDIT: And it's not an option in the poll...

This is really hard! I've been away from TBT since around 2019~ so reading this thread is teaching me about all of the interesting eggs I've missed. I loved the high-tier eggs (nightmare, aurora, frost, disco, galaxy) from 2017-2019, but wasn't a big fan of the lower-tiered one from then. All of 2016's were a bit generic too, although I have loads of nostalgic memories from that time. 2013-2015's overall feels like it did the best across the board- the classic & regular eggs have simple and clean designs, and the togepi/yoshi eggs are just iconic.

2018 was just such an absolutely banger year, and I honestly still believe its eggs are actually way undervalued, crazy as it may sound. though 2014-15, 2019, and 2023 all deserve special mentions as well

Thanks Halloqueen for the chart 💕 it's really nice to see everything laid out like that.

Comparing all the years I think I might like 2018 the best! I like that the eggs are brighter in colour since pastel eggs aren't really my thing and I feel like that egg batch has something for everyone in it. Secondly I would choose 2022 because I think that year also has some good variety

My vote went to 2018 just for the aurora egg! It’s my favourite egg collectible of all time, and is in my top 3 favourite collectibles in general! It’s honestly such a masterpiece, I can’t get over how gorgeous and intricately detailed it is for such a small egg pixel on a forum!

Though imo, all of the 2018 eggs are goated! The disco ball and frost eggs are a couple of my other all-time faves, and I love how “simple” yet pleasing the leaf ticket and eevee eggs are! So much earthy/natural lineup potential with them! Speaking generally, I love how saturated and vibrant the 2018 eggs are, and similar to what deana said, how they can appeal to a wide variety of audiences! There really is an egg for almost everybody in that batch, and I think that’s super cool!

My runner-up favourite batches are 2020’s and 2023’s! I love how shiny the 2020 Halloweaster eggs are, and how perfect the designs are for Halloween! There honestly isn’t a single bad egg in that batch, though I’m this 👌🏻 close to putting up missing posters for the flick eggs because where are they all !? The crescent moon and stardust eggs are 2 of my new favourite eggs, I always want to try and incorporate them into every lineup I make! The baby chick egg is adorable, and the mermaid scale egg colours are just *chef’s kiss* MWAH !! Last year was such a good year for eggs wow

Probably the 2020 Halloweaster Eggs. They just speak to me the most.

EDIT: And it's not an option in the poll...
Sorry if I didn’t include it in the poll, but this is for Easter Eggs, not Halloweaster Eggs. We didn’t have a choice for Halloweaster eggs during the event.

though I’m this 👌🏻 close to putting up missing posters for the flick eggs because where are they all !?
Clearly this year's Easter precedent of bringing back all the previous Easter eggs calls for Halloweaster Part 2 as part of the Halloween festivities.

It's not like i really want one but can't find one or anything. Baka!

outside of this year since all eggs were released, if i had to pick an og year it would be between 2017 and 2019. poptart, chao, kirby, zen, and galaxy eggs are such bangers that entire lineup is amazing. 2019 is also amazing dreamy, nightmare, pastel disco egg all go hard. the only one i dislike from that year is the red pikmin egg (sorry lolll it's just not my taste).

2017 had the best 'official' eggs overall, all of them were stunning! But 2018 is my favorite in the end because it not only introduced the Aroura egg but also the joke eggs! Oblivia's happy egg and Jeremy's JPEG Resetti egg are some of my favorites and they can't be forgotten. 2020's halloweaster eggs were nice too, the flick egg is really cool!

I am not into eggs normally, but there are many that I like. I picked 2023 because many of the eggs are blue or purple, two of my top favourite colours. Mermaid Scale Egg is also my favourite egg out of every egg collectible so that was taken into account as well. The different shade of blues and purple shine at the top makes it my perfect egg. Even the Baby Chick and Sweetheart Eggs, my least favourite of the bunch, are very good eggs so that why I chose 2023. 2020 is a good runnerup because of all of the Halloweaster eggs (please re-release!)

Back