• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

What are your hopes for the AC Direct and upcoming updates?

Realistically, I feel like the things we've seen being updated via the datamines are probably most likely to be added in the upcoming update, or at the very least, introduced in the Direct. I'm expecting Cafe stuff obv, new crops, villager visits, ceiling furniture to be introduced, and probably the return of some older villagers via the new Amiibo set.

I'd love for Gyroids to actually be added in this update, but outside of easter-eggs, it seems like there isn't all that much pointing to their existence in the code, so I'm assuming if they do return it'll be at a later time.

What I'd like more than anything however, is for the Direct to give us some concrete information as to whether or not we can expect updates of the same caliber in the future and or what else they're working on for a later update. Seems like this will be the perfect opportunity for them to clear things up with the fanbase since clearly a lot of this has been on-hold for awhile.

honestly, just for enough new/updated content to make it feel like doing a direct was worth it

Agreed. I thought about it and we haven't really gotten too many major updates that don't involve holidays specifically.

The things I mean by major updates are:

1.2.0 - added Leif/bushes, added art + Redd
1.3.0 - added diving/deep sea creatures, added Pascal + Gullivarr
1.4.0 - added Luna/dreaming
1.8.0 - added Mario stuff
1.9.0 - added Sanrio stuff and villagers

NH's biggest issue is there isn't much to do outside of major holidays. Most of the updates other than the ones I've mentioned have just added content for holidays, temporary Nook Shopping items, and other short-term event stuff. We need more things that we can do any day that we play, not just for holidays.

Obviously The Roost is SOMETHING, but there honestly was never too much to do with The Roost in general, so I've never understand why people were hyped for this to be in the game so much. It's cute, but it won't keep me occupied for that long. If we're adding a major NPC, I'd rather see someone like Gracie or Kapp'n.

there’s honestly so much that i’m hoping for, but the main thing that i’d love rn is for gyroids to return alongside brewster. i’m not sure why i suddenly want them so badly since i didn’t care for them in the previous games, but i lowkey miss them a lot and think it’d be cool to have them back! also, i really just want something new to collect LOL.

i’m of course also rooting for the return of minigames, dr. shrunk, furniture from previous games (along with some new stuff!), villager visits, more character and house exterior customization options and other missing npcs not lyle. i’d also love some new nook mile achievements to work towards completing, QoL updates (bulk crafting, an “add to cart” option at the able sisters, etc), some new nook points items, and as always, the ability to hug my villagers lol. i’m not sure what to expect for the direct, future updates or series 5 amiibo cards, but i’m excited to find out! i’m down for pretty much anything at this point; i just want some more content aha. :’)

Obviously excited for the roost and brewster, but I am hoping for a bunch of furniture from previous AC games to be brought back. And maybe more new villagers based on the amiibo card announcement.

I really also want Tortimer's Island and Kapp'n but I think that'd be too big an update haha
The furniture from previous games would be fantastic. I've seen several posts here from players of the previous games and some of that stuff is so cool!
Post automatically merged:

Is it weird that part of what I'm hoping for is more storage?

Ok so here are my hopes (I try to stay realistic lol)

- cafe mini game returns but with a twist. I don’t know what twist but a new mini game would be nice!
- npcs visit the cafe
- nooks cranny update
- return of old furniture
- new furniture series’
- villagers visiting you at home or invite you over

Now to the unrealistic stuff lol:
- kappn and tortimer island (mini games with friends online!)
- return of PWPs (like more stuff for outside like windmill etc!)
- more fences
- more paths
- mini jobs like happy home designer

What I hope for upcoming updates is:

tortimers island and mini games
Bringing back all the missing NL furniture
More nook mile items like the windmill , a greenhouse for storing bushes, trees , flowers and extra DIY’s
Bulk buying and crafting
More DIY’s like flower arches and wisteria trellis

Really want but probably won’t happen

Finally removing the color locking
Being about to change villager exterior and interior. I love most of them but some of their homes don’t seem to fit or don’t look like a house
More exteriors for player houses
Room expansions for both player houses and villager houses.
being able to have more villagers
Shop upgrades
More buildings

This might sound like a small thing - but I really miss the flea market. It was my favourite event in WW - being able to grab some furniture from my villagers (especially when they had things I really needed) was so much fun. I also loved decking out al unused furniture in my house and have the villagers negotiate about price. It felt more meaningful than leaving the stuff to rott in my storage or bulk sell it all to nook in a few clicks.

Tl;dr I’d love to see old events return (flea market, la di da day etc)

I have simple hopes:
- the roost (which yay!!!)
- villager house visits
- something new to the series to do. Like new crops to farm, or a new café cooking minigame or whatever. Just something food related we haven’t done before

I agree with everyone else about the Roost. I think it is great it is coming back. I don't remember if the Roost was always open 24/7 but I think it's great we can hopefully get a coffee at 2am just like in real life.

As for what I want to see in the direct I would first of all love to see Kk move to the Roost. He blocks resident services and a cafe is the perfect place for him to appear to sing instead of my plaza.

I would love to see more Crops. I still have a pumpkin patch from last year as I use those to gift my villagers. I would love to have something besides pumpkins preferably something for spring, summer, and fall.

More furniture would be amazing. I need more theme items for inside my house.

There were rumors or a datamine I don't remember which of cooking coming to ACHN. That would be amazing especially if it works like Turkey Day.

I want custom paths to be built like construction permit paths. It is so frustrating trying to pick up something and instead removing your custom path. If added while in construction mode the customs should work just like the built in paths.

• More info about The Roost
  • Re-Tail
  • New villagers
  • Tortimer's Island
  • And other cool features i can't think of

• Gyroids (They would be so perfect for ambiance outside!)
  • New NPCs (obviously brewster included)
  • Working at the cafe (I hope we can see special NPCs & old villagers too!)
  • Crops are always neat, I really liked the addition of pumpkins, hoping for more
  • Always always hoping for more outdoor furniture. I feel like I have to specify, but it just feels like NL still has more outside-based furniture than NH? idk lol give us different styles of streetlamps man.
  • Some sort of multiplayer or random-generated island to meet people, I really loved using this in NL for tortimer's island
  • Better villager dialogue (i feel this is unrealistic but im hoping!)

Regardless, I'm really hoping it will be tons of new stuff. I'm expecting the Roost and more(?) new halloween stuff!

I really hope in the Direct they will try their best to explain what The Roost and Brewster will have to offer, but at the same time there has to be more to it. Since there hasn't been much trailers this year other than the Sanrio update from March 2021. Again I am hoping they show like quality of life changes, because a lot of people have voiced their frustrations how the game needs improvements and how there is not much stuff to do. So we can only hope Nintendo addresses this finally and they will do their best to improve the game.

My dream list of changes for the game is extremely long, and extremely unlikely to get all at once. So to shorten this up to fit within the realm of possibilities.

Most Likely
  • New Nook's Cranny upgrade
  • Fence Customization
  • Katrina

Maybe
  • K.K. Slider now performs in the Café
  • Quality of Life improvements of any kind
  • Something to do with Lottie

Unlikely
  • Option to move the Town hall
  • Club LOL
  • Fly/Ferry to a shoreline city.