• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

What Are You Happy About Today?

- I found some big sun flower plants at the store. I got one for my mom and one for my partners mom for mothers day. They will need to be repotted and hopefully they can grow into big sun flower plants

- my mom gave me a bit of money as a thank you for helping her get to all her appointments. Me and my partner did a big grocery shop and I got a few new clothes for summer

- all the cats are staying healthy and we have had no issues lately thank God. I got my 2 cats Lydia and Finnick but then the 2 neighbourhood cats Beef and Juice also sleep over at my place every night so I got a full house.

Beef:

Juice, who I also call "je suis" which makes absolutely no sense but it kinda sorta sounds like Juice if you slur your letters
I’m so glad you and your kitties are all doing good; thanks for sharing your pictures! 😻😻 They’re both adorable!

Today has been good even though I didn’t sleep long or very good 😅.

My Joker amiibo came today! :D Once I get more unpacked (I’ve been procrastinating since I’ve moved here 😅), I might put this by my Persona 5 goodies if I can rather than have all my amiibos together. 🙂
4158B5F2-DFA4-4DA8-9A0D-3F51A3981273.jpeg

Can’t say Jewels was too impressed with it though 😅😹😹.

I was able to order two more amiibos too; I ordered Snake’s amiibo & Kazuya’s. I’m a huge MGS fan (I don’t consider the weird fighting game part of the series; it looked and sounded pretty bad) so I was really happy that I found it to buy; didn’t think it’d be still available. Kazuya was one of my favorite characters in Tekken! I didn’t get it when I saw it in stores, which I ended up regretting. Now, besides the animal crossing amiibo cards that I’m missing, I think the loot goblin is the only one (for now) that I want. It was $60 on amazon though; no way am I buying that for that price. The amiibos I bought seemed a bit more expensive than the ones in the store, but better prices than the loot goblin, yikes.

So excited about TBTWC! 🥳 I’m so happy I can play more games this time, most importantly Splatoon! :D I dread the clam blitz though since I’ve only tried it once and it was by accident; I had no idea what I was doing and still don’t 😅. Rainmaker I get except when I pick up the rainmaker 😅.

@Yanrima~ just finished my art commission; I love it so much 🤩😻. I’m so happy with how it turned out! ☺️ Spanky now truly looks like a “noble among nobles” 😸. Here is a silly photo edit that I did in the past on cat twitter, to show you how I’ve been using the idea in the past; on cat twitter she and jewels were Pawtorneys for a little while 😸😹. At one point I was going to make a little digital scrapbook of all their cat twitter adventures and photo edits that I did, but I got burnt out from there and cat twitter 😅

E1537505-8348-4AE4-96FA-8BBDAC441D75.jpeg

I’m so happy I commissioned the idea of Spanky as Furrdinand finally ☺️.

Both yesterday and today were good days.

Yesterday:
Even though yesterday was exhausting it was still a good day. Was my long day at with 12hours and we were busy. I was happy I got to take Aurora on a nice long walk before work. The items I bought mom for Mother’s Day arrived. I got her two books and some flamingo yard decorations since she loves flamingos. I also got her a plant. When watering the flowers I noticed our hibiscus plant finally has a really nice flower.
IMG_6471.jpeg
IMG_6406.jpeg

Butterflies
IMG_6481.jpeg

Today was a great day off. I slept better than I had Thursday night. Took Aurora to the park for her morning walk. We celebrated Mother’s Day today and went to my brother’s and his girlfriend’s house for lunch. It was great seeing them . Plenty of cuddles from their dogs . When we home had a nice relaxing evening. Took Aurora for an after dinner walk.
Buck
IMG_6492.jpeg

Baron
IMG_6489.jpeg

Hope everyone had a great day and a great week ahead.

We watched another episode of Hunter x Hunter today and wrapped up the Greed Island arc! Later on we also saw GeminiTay’s new Hermitcraft episode. ^^

Worked on some more art for a little while today!

MrBox date-traded another heart balloon with me, and now I'm just two more heart balloon trades away from completing my rainbow lineup!! ;w; I might actually be able to complete it in time for pride month aaaa

I’m super excited for the upcoming TBTWC!! ;v; Gonna try to get a few more things done ahead of time so I’ll have more time to devote to the event.

I was blessed with new official art of a few of my comfort characters!!

This is a little odd and eccentric.

But I like having my opinions challenged. Or being asked 'why I think a certain way'. It can be fun to be disagreed with. Of course there's a vast difference between occasional disagreement, and somebody who disagrees with everything you say. That gets insufferable.

Got a message elsewhere that questioned something I said and made me go in depth about my thoughts. I had fun with it.

My brother's college graduation was today. He received his Bachelor's Degree, and will be continuing school to receive his Master's My dad and I went. Unfortunately, we were the only ones as my paternal grandparents are on this massive cruise. There was also this one song that kept playing before the ceremony that slaps. There were also freaking BIRDS flying around in the pavilion. XDDDD

After that, my dad when to Pizza Hut for him and my brother, and to Sonic for me and my brother also got some additional stuff from there. I tried their double hamburger and they had new fries, and they were both so good. I am glad I chose Sonic over Wendy's. Wendy's is delicious too, but I just had it and Sonic had some a new burger and new fries for me to try. ^.^

Additional happies for today! 😁

- I was playing through my Pokemon Red team challenge in the Violet DLC, and encountered a wild shiny Tyrogue!! I immediately captured it and evolved it into a shiny Hitmontop nicknamed Top. I'm so glad I've caught yet another shiny! 🥳 🎉 🎮

- The Dallas STARS! defeated the Colorado Avalanche again, this time 4-1!! They now lead the best of 7 two games to one. 🏒 🔥 💚

- I loved on my kitty, Pippi, and she started purring while I rubbed her cheek. 🐱

- I get to sleep in again tonight! 💤

KDlB0CG.jpg

QWY1Gkr.jpg

zkJ1Hiq.jpg

3S3Fxmq.jpg

JfGZJyC.jpg

MqisYvk.jpg

rb2oHch.jpg

Had a very nice day today!
- met up with my friend to go get ice cream together then hung out in his garden 🍦
- perfect weather, 21 Celsius, sunny, but also breezy!
- overall just enjoying these past few days, they have been extremely lovely and chill now that i don't have any responsibilities 😊 it kind of feels like im on vacation or something (and i'm going on actual vacation this friday)

• I had my volunteer shift with the rescue cats today. They were all so sweet 🐈
  • Got myself onto the treadmill for 30 min. Always improves my mood
  • Slept good last night, woke up early and enjoyed a peaceful morning
  • My anxiety is really bad right now so I’m gonna relax with some anime and hopefully that helps :)
  • I had an iced matcha latte today and it was really good!
  • My almond milk was delivered today along with the matcha powder I ordered
  • I saw something online about the first episode of season 4 of demon slayer coming out so I’m really excited about that , it’s one of my favorite anime shows ever.
  • I’m really grateful for this forum. I came here initially due to being a huge animal crossing fan but the community is so wonderful , I’m glad I found it, and I love this thread. It really makes me feel good reading about all the happy things people post in here and makes me happy to post in here too. I plan on venturing to other parts of the forum too but this has been my little space that I come to everyday that always lifts my mood. ❤️

Friday, 10th May
🌹 We went out to a steakhouse for our anniversary. It was fantastic. I devoured a 12oz steak, baked potato, and halloumi fries - then followed it up by splitting a portion of tiramisu. The wait staff were also incredible (and remembered us from a previous visit) and gifted us a box of chocolate. :blush:
20240512-203715.jpg

Saturday, 11th May
☀️ I had planned on a quiet day in, but the weather was gorgeous and a friend had organised a picnic event in a park so we decided to go along. We took a blanket and lots of snacks and showed up to find some of our other friends were there as well! There was a huge turnout and it was great to hang out in a different environment. Usually we meet in pubs.
🏆 Came home and posted the announcement for the TBTWC 2024! Can't wait!
🎵 In the evening I watched Eurovision! Usually I watch with other people, but my parents had to give it a miss this year and my partner/friends don't enjoy it... so I set up on the sofa and just spammed @Mick with opinions. 😂 I was rooting for Croatia, but I'm not unhappy with Switzerland winning - they were in my top three.

Sunday, 12th May
💤 I've been suffering with insomnia for much of the past month and half. Last night I went to bed almost as soon as Eurovision ended and I didn't wake until 10AM. It's so nice to actually feel well-rested!
🐟 I had an extremely productive start to the day getting caught up on chores. I got through three loads of laundry, took the bins out, vacuumed, cleaned the kitchen, and cleaned both the axolotl and fish tanks. The axie tank was exhausting because I had to deal with a snail infestation that had hitchhiked a ride on some live hornwort I'd planted a while back. Ugh. Fingers-crossed this has resolved it!
🍻 When we went out to do the grocery shop it was so warm that it seemed a shame not to stay out and enjoy it. We stopped in a tapas place with outdoor seating for a pint and a light lunch in the sun.
👨‍🍳 One of my favourite hobbies is cooking. Tonight I spent a few hours in the kitchen making egg muffins (x3-4 days worth of breakfasts for work) and a lasagne. Weirdly, it was my first time making lasagne - not sure why I've never attempted it before. I made my own red sauce and added some less traditional vegetables. It came out incredibly well. Next time I want to try making my own white sauce as well. 😋

This week is going to be so busy, but I'm ready for it! 💪

This past week has been far from perfect, but I think it's slightly better compared to other previous weeks. Here are the highlights:
  1. I wished my mom a Happy Mother's Day! I don't like having to call her every weekday to say what time I leave school so she doesn't forget, but I love her regardless! 💜
  2. I bought Cozy Grove for my Switch! I saw Xara and .: Meri :. talk about their game progress in this thread and it piqued my interest. So I had to get the game so I could see what the big deal was about it! I bought it bundled with the DLC because it was on sale and it was cheaper than the base game BTW. I don't know when I'm gonna start TBH, but eventually I will...after I get myself to try Splatoon 3... I can't wait!
  3. I added new music to my playlist! I was getting tired of replaying the same ones I had over and over, so something had to be done about it. Here are the new additions. Most of them were added as a result of my activity on the forums while I got one from hearing my sister play it in her car:
    • "Body" by Mother Mother
    • "Cartouche" by Blackmore's Night
    • "Chop Suey!" by System Of A Down (I spoke about this on Thursday BTW)
    • "Aeroport Isabelle" by nobonoko
    • "Enter Sandman" by Metallica
    • "Sk8er Boi" by Avril Lavigne
    • "The Glorious Om Riff" by Steve Hillage
    • "Heaven" by Bryan Adams
    • "Devils Island" by Megadeth
  4. My history class had a month-long competition themed on imperialism where students were grouped together to represent European countries and gather points to purchase land and gain world power. To my surprise, my team won! We got to pick a food and/or drink as a prize and we settled on pizza. Yum!
  5. I'm making progress on the homework I procrastinated on! I better keep it up so I don't get screwed over later...
  6. Okay, this is the best part. I think I just made a new online friend, right here on these forums! It's the first time this has happened since I met my other online friend Circley on Scratch in 2020. (P.S. He's also on TBT as @BTCircley (sorry if the ping annoyed you, bud) and I'm glad to have him here!) I honestly didn't expect to befriend a metalhead—nor did I expect to befriend anyone here in general (sorry if that sounded rude)—but the fact that we both like each other's art (to the point where we gifted each other art) and that I fell in love with one of their OCs contributed to this whole thing. So I would like to thank them for being on The Bell Tree! @ZeldaCrossing64 (sorry for the ping), you know who you are! 💜
    IMG_0844.jpeg
    Up next, I'm going to get Circley and Zelda to become friends too! Muahahaha!!! XP
Other than that, I'm still trying to manage life outside the forums. It can be pretty stressful, you see... I won't go into detail on exactly how because it's personal. I hope y'all have had a good week! :lemon:

This past week has been far from perfect, but I think it's slightly better compared to other previous weeks. Here are the highlights:
  1. I wished my mom a Happy Mother's Day! I don't like having to call her every weekday to say what time I leave school so she doesn't forget, but I love her regardless! 💜
  2. I bought Cozy Grove for my Switch! I saw Xara and .: Meri :. talk about their game progress in this thread and it piqued my interest. So I had to get the game so I could see what the big deal was about it! I bought it bundled with the DLC because it was on sale and it was cheaper than the base game BTW. I don't know when I'm gonna start TBH, but eventually I will...after I get myself to try Splatoon 3... I can't wait!
  3. I added new music to my playlist! I was getting tired of replaying the same ones I had over and over, so something had to be done about it. Here are the new additions. Most of them were added as a result of my activity on the forums while I got one from hearing my sister play it in her car:
    • "Body" by Mother Mother
    • "Cartouche" by Blackmore's Night
    • "Chop Suey!" by System Of A Down (I spoke about this on Thursday BTW)
    • "Aeroport Isabelle" by nobonoko
    • "Enter Sandman" by Metallica
    • "Sk8er Boi" by Avril Lavigne
    • "The Glorious Om Riff" by Steve Hillage
    • "Heaven" by Bryan Adams
    • "Devils Island" by Megadeth
  4. My history class had a month-long competition themed on imperialism where students were grouped together to represent European countries and gather points to purchase land and gain world power. To my surprise, my team won! We got to pick a food and/or drink as a prize and we settled on pizza. Yum!
  5. I'm making progress on the homework I procrastinated on! I better keep it up so I don't get screwed over later...
  6. Okay, this is the best part. I think I just made a new online friend, right here on these forums! It's the first time this has happened since I met my other online friend Circley on Scratch in 2020. (P.S. He's also on TBT as @BTCircley (sorry if the ping annoyed you, bud) and I'm glad to have him here!) I honestly didn't expect to befriend a metalhead—nor did I expect to befriend anyone here in general (sorry if that sounded rude)—but the fact that we both like each other's art (to the point where we gifted each other art) and that I fell in love with one of their OCs contributed to this whole thing. So I would like to thank them for being on The Bell Tree! @ZeldaCrossing64 (sorry for the ping), you know who you are! 💜
    Up next, I'm going to get Circley and Zelda to become friends too! Muahahaha!!! XP
Other than that, I'm still trying to manage life outside the forums. It can be pretty stressful, you see... I won't go into detail on exactly how because it's personal. I hope y'all have had a good week! :lemon:
"Up next, I'm going to get Circley and Zelda to become friends too! Muahahaha!!! XP" ;)

Today has been pretty good so far! 🙂 Some of my goodies came today:

IMG_7274.jpeg

The storage case I got for my new switch is behind the inklings 🙂. The small fry and inklings are so cute ☺️.

Last night I started playing One Piece Treasure Cruise again. I got a unit that I wanted; pushed my luck and spent all my gems and didn’t get anything else I wanted 😅.

IMG_7263.png

I’m actually not caught up though I was on the wano arc in the manga. Spoilers are unavoidable in this game and it doesn’t bother me too much. I just try not to read the unit’s story.

I had some weird errors in the game earlier but I fixed it. Since I uninstalled it while trying to troubleshoot it, all my units and items got unfavorited. so i’m still in the process of favoriting 1,600ish items/units 😅. But most important is that I didn’t lose my account in the process of doing this and that I was able to get in the game finally. 🙂

I tried the coop and it actually isn’t bad; at least for the easier stages. I tried one of the harder difficulties and the random left (it would have been a failure anyways I think but still, that’s one reason I don’t normally like coop or multiplayer).

Tomorrow my switch should be arriving! :D (for some reason, I keep/kept thinking that today was Monday 😅).

I had a nice chat with @-Blue- 🙂.

Earlier, @Yanrima~ messaged me some pointers on a few things 🙂. It was really nice of her and made me happy since she didn’t have to. Always nice to hear from her too! ☺️

I had a nice chat with @S.J. earlier ☺️.

I got some snuggles from Jewels today under the blankets 🥰. Right now, she’s sleeping at my feet, she’s keeping them nice and toasty (and making me drowsy too 😹).

That’s all that I can think of for now; might have more to post later 🙂.

I hope everyone had a great day today ☺️

✌︎︎ I got to spend time with my mom today! We went on a long drive as part of our Mother’s Day celebration; we didn’t really have any particular destination in mind, we just drove, talked and listened to music. The weather was lovely today, and it was nice getting away from everything and spending time with my mom. We decided to go to Kelsey’s for lunch, and I honestly didn’t have high expectations, but it was delicious! I ordered chicken alfredo pasta and caesar salad, and it was so yum !! My mom loved the chicken parm she ordered as well. Our server even gave us a pretty red rose in honour of Mother’s Day!

We stopped by a store on our way home to pick up a couple things, and I got a new pair of pants! I actually saw them a couple months ago and liked them, but decided not to get them then (which I’ve regretted since), so I was really happy to find them again today! I was able to get the things I needed as well, and my mom and I got smoothies before going home. Overall, today was a really nice day! I’m glad I got to spend time with my mama today 💜
IMG_0240.jpeg

✌︎︎ Bonk blessed me with a brief cuddle yesterday! I was about to talk about how she hasn’t been very cuddly lately (though she’s still been plenty affectionate and clingy!), but she actually just jumped up onto the chair with me. 🥹
IMG_7719.jpeg

1715559886732.jpeg
IMG_7815.jpeg

✌︎ I threw a quick mockup together for the balloon collectible design contest! I mostly did it for fun, but a snow bunny balloon would be a dream..

✌︎ I haven’t had a chance to play Cozy Grove yet today, but I get to meet my second last bear today!! I’m honestly a little sad about it; I’ve loved the excitement of meeting a new bear and getting to learn about them and their personality, and collecting spirit logs has been fun. But, I still have one last DLC bear to meet and a handful of bears left to help, so my fun with the game is far from being over! In the meantime, I’ve caught 3 new fishes and earned 1 new badge!

I bought Cozy Grove for my Switch! I saw Xara and .: Meri :. talk about their game progress in this thread and it piqued my interest. So I had to get the game so I could see what the big deal was about it! I bought it bundled with the DLC because it was on sale and it was cheaper than the base game BTW. I don't know when I'm gonna start TBH, but eventually I will...after I get myself to try Splatoon 3... I can't wait!
omg yay!!! I hope you have so much fun with it! It’s such a cozy, relaxing, heartwarming game, it makes me so happy to see others start playing it! I’d love to hear how you’re enjoying it once you get around to playing it!

Last edited:
We’re going to celebrate Mother’s Day more next weekend since my mom isn’t feeling 100% yet, but we watched a lot of anime at her request today! We saw the latest One Piece (a really good one, I’m hyped for next week’s), a couple episodes of Haikyuu!!, and another episode of Hunter x Hunter!

Made some more good progress on the art I’ve been working on!

The balloon collectible design thread is up!! I’ve already made a couple mockups of balloon designs I’d really love to see, and I’m loving looking through and seeing everyone’s balloon ideas too! ;v;

My family and I watched SmallishBeans’ new episode of Hermitcraft this evening!

And I got back to playing Cozy Grove!! I have achieved Maximum Duckling, made some main quest progress, made it over 120 scout badges earned, and got the brown gardener’s outfit from the spring festival I’ve been wanting!! Still hoping to get the green bunny ears and a few other things, but really happy with what I’ve collected so far! though I do wish the flower glasses would stop showing up now that I already have all of them ;w;

I ate Spaghetti for lunch. ^.^

I also had a pretty good Mother's Day. I never really saw the value in Mother's Day until last year, since my relationship with my mom is complicated, and I just saw it and Father's Day as something that put stress and envy on non-parents who have parents. I am not saying we shouldn't appreciate our parents, but yeah. 😓

However, last year was the first year I enjoyed Mother's Day, and the same can be said for this year. Like last year, my BFF @/AshtonDraws who sees me as a mother drew us together for the occasion. <3333

Here's what he drew this year:
2333.png

He's the one on the left in blue;
I'm the one on the right in pink.

Our friend also drew some Mother's Day gifts
for us too. He drew two pictures of Ashton and I,
awww1.png
awwww2.png

He (Ashton and I's friend) also drew my OCs Orchia (pink one) and Icy (light blue one).
They have a mother-son relationship very
similar to mine and Ashton. Orchia is actually
based on me, while Icy is based on Ashton, hence
why they have the same colors and similar clothes. 💖🩵
awwwww3.png

Happy Mother's Day, everyone! 💖🌸🌷

Last edited:
Back