• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

What Are You Happy About Today?

Last post for the day (if ever) bought tales of xilla and oh look more vk popping up on my recs and thats really bout it so cya guys around if ever i suppose.
That's actually a game I've been meaning to play but I'm not sure if I should wait and see if a remaster is announced or if I should just purchase it.

today was a fun day! we're on testing schedule so the students only go to two classes (one for testing, and one for a "regular" period). most kiddos finished their test early so we finished a movie they started yesterday, and then i gave them the last 30 minutes for social/relax time to give them a break from the screens. our "regular" period today was my prep so i didn't need to have students, but i had invited a few of them to hang out in my room since most teachers don't do much, content-wise, during testing days. i bought them each a cane's meal and let them pick a movie while they enjoyed their food. they were a mix of my top students in each period and a few students who participated in a math competition, so they were all really well-behaved and respectful and it was worth the $$$ i spent on food!

also got an ice cream for teacher's appreciation week, finished grading early, and got my discussion post in an hour before the deadline

• My therapist was able to get me in a week early. I messaged her yesterday and asked if we can move next Thursdays appointment up to sometime this week and she got me in for today at 4pm. I never ask for more frequent appointments, haven’t in years, but I’m struggling lately so I’m glad this worked out cause I need someone to talk to. So I’m looking forward to our appointment later today.
  • Did the dishes, I left them in the sink last night which I don’t usually do. But I did them today and I’m glad they’re done.
  • Mocha and Mustachio are being as sweet as can be 🐈
  • Still enjoying watching Black Clover :)

Talking to @/xSuperMario64x over on discord. I chat with him often already, but with my current hardships, I appreciate him a lot more as a friend listening to my vents and comforting me. 💜
my dear friend Shell, bless his heart. he's been struggling so much for the last week, and I've been struggling too. we're both miserable. but he has been an absolutely incredible source of support and comfort for me, and I can't be grateful enough for that. I really try my best to reciprocate that effort, and I don't ever expect any clout or praise or anything, but I'm happy to see that my effort is appreciated. I'm blessed to have someone like him in my life. 💙

I'm also happy today because I'll be cooking jambalaya before I leave for work. ❤️ and I wanted to say, the hardships in my life have allowed me to appreciate little things so much more, like my dog and my dear friends. you guys are the best. 🥺💗

- I went out for dinner with my dad's side for dinner, and got some nice pizza! It was a little tucked away place and we were the only ones there! Played some foosball with my siblings and cousin for a while, 2 vs 2, which was fun.

- Had some mint chocolate today!

- Grateful this week isn't too intense uni-wise.

- Figured out how I'm going to do my hair for a family members wedding this weekend. It's at a weird length and I don't know how to style it formally right now, but that's one thing off my list to think about.

I'm feeling happy because I got to expand on my musical tastes. I recently listened to a metal song and even though I thought I wouldn't like it, it actually sounded good...in a weird way! All this wouldn't have happened if it weren't for that little fella I've been bringing to school lately...
IMG0824.jpeg

(P.S. I hope you like that bonus comic I added there!)

Gooooood afternoon, everybody! It's me! Hello! 👋🎲 Who am I? I'm the guy with the die on his head. 🎲 Why am I here? Because I feel happy today and you must know why! 😛 Why is my face covered in li-- what tha! 😱 YOU... 😠 All the way in the back, you know who you are, I heard that shriek, I see you giggling right this very moment... 😉 Anyway, today I'm happy because I woke up at 1am and started rambling to myself about what's on my mind. 📱💭 Why is that a happy thing? Because as a result, when morning came, the sun shone brightly waaaay over there and the rain clouds came waaaay over here and that's the way it should be. 🌧️ Let me have the rain so the sun can highlight your smile. 😊 Let me have the rain so that not a tear nor raindrop should roll upon your cheek. 💧 Let me have the rain so that flowers may blossom and inspire me to write about you. 🌹🌼🌷 In case you're all still reading and haven't yet vomited, I'm also happy because I had yummy food and made some cool art and had a beer an- blah blah blah, who cares about that stuff. 🤪 I may really only be particularly happy about one thing today, but that one thing is enough to overshado- nay, OVERBRIGHTEN everything else in the day. 🌟⭐✨Nothing can beat that! 😁 My day has been set to the positive tune of a happiness song and it sounds.... like a dying seagull???? 😂 Okay, you can all go puke now. Byeee! 👋🎲

It's my partner & I's second anniversary today. 🌹
• We won't be celebrating until tomorrow, but I'm looking forward to that. We are going out to a steak restaurant. 🤤
• Unfortunately, she had a bad experience in a pub last night and was still feeling rotten about it today, so even though we initially said no gifts I still came home with a bouquet of flowers and a bag full of her favourite foods (croissants, paprika chips, watermelon, etc) to cheer her up. She said it was perfect. 😊

My colleagues polished off the rest of the cake I took in yesterday and a few of them spoke about how I should monetise my baking. I'm against monetising my hobbies because I think that's the fastest way to ruin my enjoyment of them, but I really appreciated the compliment! 🍰 Let's see how next week's bake off goes. :devilish:

The head teacher came to check on me this afternoon. There was something very validating about her walking into my room and instantly commenting on how loud it was, as my office overlooks the playground. I told her I was going to talk to my line manager about ear defenders and she said not to worry and that she'd take care of it for me. She had an order placed within 20 minutes. I'm sure I said it on here just yesterday but I really appreciate having someone else in the workplace who also has ADHD. My own department is supportive and works with me, but they're all neurotypical, and it just isn't the same as talking to someone who experiences the world in the same way you do. 🌈🦋

I stayed in tonight despite several people (my partner included) trying to drag me out of the house. Overstimulated afternoon + pub = no thank you. I sang along badly to terrible high energy music then watched Cloudy With a Chance of Meaballs while I worked more on the Piranha Plant Lego. I'm struggling to get the final pieces to fit together without falling apart. I'll try again at the weekend. I'm probably missing something obvious. I stopped before I got too frustrated with it and was still able to relax and enjoy the downtime. 🧱

When my SO came home we sat talking for an hour. It was a conversation that really solidified for us that we made the right choice in picking each other. I love this woman and I'm glad she's the person I'm navigating life with. I'm very much looking forward to our anniversary date tomorrow. 🖤

Overall a good day. :D

Today has been kinda meh so far; rough since this morning the coffee machine exploded all over the kitchen. My mom lashed out a little at me; she apologized later (i understood how she felt so it didn’t upset me too much.) I sent her some pictures of my kitties i took last night and she said they helped her feel better 🙂.

I got the okay from my mom to get a new switch if I want to 🥳. It can be an early birthday/arrival day (arrival day is the day I arrived in the country; we celebrate it every year) present either from myself or from her; if I get it, she’d be able to later get me something else for both special occasions. 🙂 I told her I’ll let her know soon; I need to look up the different bundles. Also, just want to be 100% sure about this. I’m reluctant to spend much money since my early days back between high school and college when I still had a job, I regret having spent so much money so now I want to be more responsible with my money and careful.

In ACNH, I got Claude’s photo! No TTing needed this time 🙂. I might try for a second one so I can put one by his house. Atm, I’m not sure if he’s a permanent villager or not; initially he wasn’t going to be (at least I don’t think so).

So far I think Snake’s vacation home is going well. 🙂 I can’t say yet if it is going to be one of my best designs, but I’ll see!

When I woke up earlier, both my kitties were on my bed; Spanky was in her Ramen bed 🥰. Normally, I only find Jewels on my bed. I got some snuggles from Jewels today too ☺️.

The day is still early, so my mood may pick up more 🙂. I stayed up too late today so that is probably part of the reason my mood is a bit meh 😅. I had fun though; I was busy designing a house in ACNH 🙂.

That’s it for now! I may have more to post later 🙂. I hope everyone is having a good day today! ☺️

I saw the cutest golden retriever before work yesterday. I got plenty of love from him. They are my favorite breeds, though, I've not actually had one.
I ended up coming out to one of my friends. When we first met, someone introduced me to her as my deadname and I'd not said anything until recently. Not that I didn't want to, but it was never a good time with other people around. I'm thankful she was supportive and understanding.
I was able to comfort someone just slightly. I overheard that they were self-conscious of their teeth and I couldn't help but to open up about mine.
People (notably in real life) are aware that I have BPD and it affects the way I interact sometimes. I'm just thankful that the people in my life are understanding of this fact and are being patient with me as I slowly improve. I've improved so much over the past year and I'm proud of myself for that.
The newest episode of this show I'm currently watching released today! I watched it earlier and really enjoyed the episode.

My mom had a procedure done today that went totally smoothly, and she’s doing really well. There’s still more to be done, but this was a big thing and I’m feeling incredibly relieved that this part has been taken care of; I’ve been super stressed out about this for the past few weeks now. Xara also talked with me throughout the day while my dad and I were waiting, which made me feel a lot better ;v;

I read some more Kimi ni Todoke this afternoon in the waiting room! Finished volume 2, read all of volume 3, and got started on 4.

Played a little ACNH after we got home!

We watched another episode of GoodTimesWithScar’s Hermitcraft series this evening too!

-I've been itching to get back into Animal Crossing New Leaf, so today I've decided to start a new town. After a few restarts I got a pretty cool map that's unique to what I've used before so I went with it! I think this time around I won't be using Time Travel so I will play everyday :)
IMG_1719.jpeg
IMG_1721.jpeg

-I watched some more Dragon Ball

-Played some smash and had some fun matches~

Today was a pretty good day . Work was an early half day . It went fast and I was able to get a lot done.
Took mom to her Dr appointment.
The good news is they haven’t found any new cancer cells. They said it will take some more time to see if the new medicine is working. I’m incredibly grateful for how much help her doctor is with getting her medication. We go back next month.
I read my book while I was in the waiting room. Played some ACNH when I got home . Took Aurora for a short evening walk . Finished another Nook mile achievement on Serenity. The MMM-MMM-Miles . Also celebrated Bunnies Birthday.
IMG_6435.jpeg

Hope everyone had a great day.

I didn't get to post yesterday, but we had a cook-out at work. There was lots of good food and since many of my co-workers are Indian they had a full table set up with vegetarian dishes. It's wonderful not having to ask what's in something to determine if I can eat it or not. I also had a good time catching up with a few people. Later that evening, my husband suggested we go out for ice cream and I got a hot fudge sundae.

I spent some extra time cuddling with my husband today. I've been feeling very clingy lately, even more so than usual, but it's nice that he doesn't mind at all.

Tomorrow is Friday! Hopefully, I'll get some work done because I don't think I've been very productive this week.

Today's been a great day! 😁

- Got up early and was productive at work. Also received some birthday wishes as well. 📊

- Finished work and then exercised for a bit and did some cardio and weight-lifting. 🏃‍♂️ 🏋️‍♂️

- Fed my kitties their special food and my favorite nipped me with her nose because she was very hungry. 🐱

- Played more video games today. 🎮

- @Foreverfox The Dallas Mavericks defeated the Oklahoma City Thunder 119-110 to tie the series at 1-1!! 🏀 🔥

- The Dallas STARS! defeated the Colorado Avalanche 5-3 to tie their series at 1-1 as well!! The fourth goal was a short-handed goal for the Stars on the Avalanche power play! 🏒 💚

- Tomorrow is Friday and then it'll be the weekend! I also get paid. 💸

I feel good today, I got some much needed sleep, my mood is a little more level today compared to the rollercoaster it’s been for a few months.

I have time to read today! Super excited because I couldn’t focus yesterday but my focus is better today so I’m gonna take advantage of it and read for a few hours. Right now I’m reading three different things. One is a memoir, one is Hamilton by Ron Chernow which is a biography of Alexander Hamilton, and the other is the first book in the 8 book fantasy series Throne of Glass by Sara J Maas. I tend to prefer having a few books going at once because if I get bored with one I switch to one of the others then repeat as needed. So I never really get burnt out or bored of a book especially if it’s long like a biography or the fantasy series cause I can always switch the come back when I’m in the mood for it again. 📚

I also have time to practice violin today. Right now I’m working on learning Vivaldis Concerto in A Minor. My violin teacher gave me some exercises to work on with the A scale so I’m doing that in preparation. We’re taking things slow but my goal is to be able to play it fully by September or October. It would be my most difficult piece I’ve worked in as of now. Eventually I’ll do more and more difficult things but that’s gonna be my first big milestone and I’m excited to learn it 😃🎻

My cat Mustachio woke me up really sweetly today as usual. She purrs and rolls around and cuddles and licks my nose and pats my face gently when she wants me to get up ❤️ Mocha is laying down in his little bed with his llama plushie right now ❤️

I’ve been doing a lot more art lately. I’ve really been motivated to draw recently. It’s really good for stress relief too. 🎨🖌️ another thing I started doing again is coloring in adult coloring books. Like the intricate ones for relaxation. That’s really fun too. I just put on a podcast or video or music and just get into that and it’s very mindful and meditative.

All in all it’s looking to be a good day and I feel really good. Also got coffee and music right now which is nice ☕🎼 and might watch some anime. I have three anime series going right now. Black Clover, Naruto , and Yugioh Arc V. Trying to think what else. Oh yeah I’m watching the Chucky horror show series. That’s not anime obviously but is another thing I’m excited to watch, the rest of season 3 released.

As for games I’m excited about playing: I’ve been playing Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral town on my Xbox. And the first Life is Strange game. I play Disney dreamlight valley sometimes too which is nice and relaxing. Trying to use Pokemon Go to motivate me to get out and exercise. And Pokemon Sleep to motivate myself to get enough sleep. 🎮
Playing some TCGs too and learning how to play chess. I want to set aside some time soon to play Descent which is a tabletop RPG board game.

Speaking of exercise, I’m getting back into that too. I fell off it for like a week and a half but I’m getting back into it and meal prepping/healthy eating. 🍽️

- IT'S OVER....I finished my dissertation today, worked 7 hours straight on it and gave myself a migraine but i did it. I might edit the intro a little bit but overall I'm done with uni work 😮‍💨

- 22 Celsius today, so thats nice!

- I have 3 days off work, then a 5 hour shift, and then a whole week off!! :love:

Back