• "Join us at 8 PM EDT for a special, for-fun (no spectator points) staff stream of ACNH hide-and-seek!"
    ~~Coming Soon on Twitch with chat in #secret-stream~~

What Are You Happy About Today?

my day didn’t really go the way i planned since i chickened out of my dentist appointment at the last minute >_<, but i had a decent day regardless!

one of my favourite fanfic writers announced that they’ve resumed writing one of their fanfics that has been on hiatus since around july of last year! i love and miss that fanfic so, so much, so this news is incredibly exciting!! i also read a new fanfic written by one of my other favourite fanfic writers, and it was fantastic!! 😊
i discovered a new favourite edit of one of my favourite shows, as well as 2 new favourite youtube videos!
i also discovered that i have more of one of my medications left than i thought i did!
cuddled with alize, and she once again rubbed her head against my face and let me kiss her head, only this time she let me do it 3 times! i love her so much. <3
did some self-care.
spent most of my day sleeping, which is probably a weird thing to be happy about, but i’ve been restless at night lately and have been sleeping like ****, so the extra rest i got today was much-needed.

- My dog suddenly got very ill a couple days ago, so I took him to the vet yesterday and I'm really glad they were immediately able to diagnose him and get him on the right medication so he should hopefully start getting better soon 😥 I was worried it would take a few days for them to figure out what was wrong and get him medicine, but they sorted it out immediately!
oh no! i’m so sorry to hear that your dog got sick, but i’m relieved that he received a diagnosis and medication quickly!! i hope he feels much better soon. 🖤

- I had my third day of work and really, really enjoyed it. I feel like this particular job has given me a sense of purpose going forward.
i absolutely love this for you, riley. you’ve gone through so much in your personal life, your work life, etc and i’m just... so happy you finally landed your dream job and that you’re enjoying it so far! you’ve worked so hard, and i really hope things continue to look up for you. <3

Also, I finally put all my collectibles into a Word document so I could organize lineups better, and I'm so glad I did?? ;v; It's so much easier than just scrolling up and down my inventory and trying to visualize; I can't believe I didn't do this sooner.
nice! i’ve had all my collectibles and lineup ideas in a google doc for a while now, and it is absolutely a game changer! it really makes coming up with lineups and keeping track of which collectibles you have to work with + their dates so much easier. 😅

Last edited:
Today is Saint Patrick's Day! Lots of green which is my favorite color! I think clovers are very cute as well!!
1647524340849.png
1647524343773.png

• Going to the store in a bit to meal prep for the work weekend 😅 most definitely will I mean won't grab something from the bakery...
  • Finally have everything I need and setup for baby. Feels so good to be done with shipping and all the box breakdowns lol.
  • We're supposed to get a thunderstorm this evening. 😍
  • We have some bamboo stalks we've had sometime now, we usually find random containers/small vases/interesting looking jars. I noticed today it's time for the one container with two stalks to be split. So, I'm excited to be on the lookout for a cute container for it.
  • Having a LOTR and get my ACNH town cleaned up day

Last edited:
I came into my work today as a customer and told my “surrogate mom” happy birthday, lol. I managed to slip that card into her purse which was very difficult but it was accomplished.
I saw my friend today as well (also at work) and talked for about ten minutes. And we hugged, which ngl, it’s really something I needed the last day or two.
I’m an affectionate person in general, lmao.
To add to the above point, our conversation made me smile, lol.
I took a few empty boxes down to the dumpster and I’ll be able to run the vacuum later tonight. Tossing those boxes was long overdue.
It’s my day off so I’m just playing my hockey game online.

• I finally got myself to get a dental cleaning/exam/xrays done today, it was long overdue (by 3 years), anyway, I have some work that will need to be done so I have some more dentist appointments over the next few months. That's really the big accomplishment of my day/week.

It's been a rough week, but I have a few things to be happy about today:

- I got some sleep again last night. Still not enough, but better than earlier this week.
- I got my car inspection done today so that's one more thing I can check off my to-do list.
- It stopped raining this afternoon and the weather was warm and sunny.
- Tomorrow is Friday and then it's the weekend.

I finished re-organizing my bookshelves, and managed to clear up even more room! Not only was I able to fit in all my stray books that I couldn't fit on the shelves before, I actually have room for quite a few more now! 😄 I was hoping just to be able to get them all put away, so I'm really pleased with my results.
I've gotten a lot done in general recently, so I treated myself to the evening off to play some more DQVII! I was able to make some really great progress too. Euphonia is... scary.

I bought peppers, chives and carrots seeds to start my little garden. For the tomatoes I'm taking the seeds directly from a tomato. I tried that while quarantine and it worked pretty well, with just 9 seeds from one tomato we got almost 200 tomatoes at the end of summer.

my day wasn’t anything special, but it was still decent! 😊

read 5 new fanfics that i really enjoyed!
did 2 animal crossing trades.
cuddled with my kitten, and i also took a short, silly video of her! i’ll edit it into this post if i can figure out how and where to upload it. 😅 <3
got high.

- I've had a very productive first week of work. I'm ready to get more into this and exceed expectations.
- The Dallas Mavericks play against the Philadelphia 76'ers in Philly tonight. They're trying to improve to 27-8 since the year started. The only team in the league that has a better record since the year started are the Phoenix Suns. They're inspiring everyone with their level of play, that's for sure.
- Lastly, I've done some thinking and I'm going to rededicate my efforts into reaching out to friends, supporting others, putting myself in other's shoes, and just becoming an even better person. I know I can do it.

Back