• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Smug Villager Tier List

Probably my second least favorite personality type.
my-image (5).png

my-image (2).png

I definitely thought I liked this personality type more than this tier list suggests :')

I had both Raymond and Kyle on my previous island and probably would've put them both as S or A tier back when New Horizons released, but I never really clicked with either of them. Shep, on the other hand, is absolutely my boy, and the A-tier villagers have all just kind of grown on me unexpectedly.

I love that little clown... (also F tier is reserved for villagers that make me Uncomfortable as opposed to regular dislike, and I actually really like Hippeaux's design as a snooty anime joke antagonist)
Screen Shot 2020-10-15 at 7.53.10 PM.png

Last edited:
1602900301209.png

Zell is finally getting some much deserved love haha! I always thought he was underrated.

AED20495-3749-40A2-8E33-E00446A50C6F.png

Still only two villagers in S tier for me, but I got a lot of villagers in A tier. Even Rodney. Been interested in him increasingly thanks to @Chungus & @Le Ham both of whom have posted some incredible adorable pictures of him. I’ve been interested in Lopez for awhile. Huck, Henry, Colton are the ones that I have developed interest in fairly recently.

I am surprised that I actually have a few villagers from a species that I don’t like the general designs of such as Ken; I really like his color scheme and Hans seems pretty interesting.

animal-crossing-new-horizons-smug-villagers-305259-1602925161.png

I think smug might be my least favourite personality, I just don't vibe with their dialogue most of the time lol.

Last edited:
Smugs are just filled with ugly. Great overall personality though! I never saw Ken before ACNH and he quickly became a dreamie of mine! When I started hunting for him I found him after THIRTY NTMT only!!

my-image(7).png

my-image (5).png

Shep, Henry and Marshal are great villagers. I would love to have Henry again.
I had Kidd and Zell on my New Horizons island and I liked them but got tired of them after a while.
I don't love the horses but Colton and Julian are cute! I had Colton by mistake (accidentally picked up through the void) but I really liked him and his regal style. Raymond is okay I guess but I wouldn't say he is close to being my favourite smug villager.

There are a lot of ugly smugs too. I feel a little bit bad putting Phil together with Huck (Only disgusting frog) and Hamphrey and that sickly looking hamster, whatever his name is, but yeah. Quillson reminds me of a sick private school boy who has too much confidence and tells people his father will hear about this.

Now that Toby has been in the game since earlier this year, I would like to see updated versions, please. For me personally, I would rank him in either B or C, since I haven’t had enough time to form a good opinion on him and he appears a teensy bit disturbing to me.

Shep and Kyle are in their own their. I personally love Marshal because of his New Leaf house interior. The sloppy set is my favorite set from that game. I used the full set for my living room. Raymond looks cool, but I honestly don’t understand the hype around him. I won’t knock him for his popularity, but I do like him as a villager. Ken is my most liked in the A tier. He’s basically a ninja chicken.

4EABDF76-9EA3-46AF-969C-9F5C9B84850F.png

Now that Toby has been in the game since earlier this year, I would like to see updated versions, please. For me personally, I would rank him in either B or C, since I haven’t had enough time to form a good opinion on him and he appears a teensy bit disturbing to me.

I recently created a new thread with a link to a tier maker that includes Toby here:

Lets see...a year later...how have things changed with the smugs? I liked Raymond more. Not much else.
my-image (5).png

my-image (1).png

Smug villagers have all my favorite designs. I have too many of them! I wish there wad more dialogue variety, it gets repetitive.

Back