• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Mafia Mystic Messenger Mafia [Endgame]

Unvoting Ness for now. Not entirely sure if Evan's crack is town or scum indicatirkve, but I don't like the situation in which it happened for my read on him (FN1 had maybe two posts in which we was rude (only one of them was that bad as well, and that wasn't he one that blew him up)).

i feel it is a crack town...idk i have a feeling that scum evan would try to rationalize a lot!

I'm still really bankrupt on time, I thought I wouldn't be when I signed up, but I kinda am suddenly. That being said, I've skimmed just about the entire thread since I last posted, and I have questions to ask specific players that posted a lot of their thoughts in big posts primarily, but it might be best to question them after the lynch anyways.

Anyways, yeah, I think the lynch should be Ness at this point. I've had a little time away from the game to think and I'm realizing I might be overreacting to Dolby's illogical campaign against me in the first half of this day one and I'm still taken aback on my strong scumread by his in-the-moment uncertainty when we were discussing third parties. He could still be feigning that uncertainty but hasn't done anything scummy since his interactions with me yesterday.

Ness, on the other hand, just straight up switchvoted to evan and the only reason he gave for this vote is that evan's posting is somehow 'ingenuine' (see: kirby for an example of ingenuine), and that their posting matches some game they were mafia in. The Dolby vote might have been convenient for him at the time because I was a rabid dog going after Dolby like he was a sneaky ass cat (which I am and he is) and he knows I can lead a town well when I sink my teeth into something. That, in combination with him going after new players (or at least players that are new to me) or obvious town making wrong reads early in the game makes me feel like he's going after whatever target is easiest to get lynched. Also I love how Ness is criticizing evan for threatening to claim when he did the same himself earlier in the day.

Also don't claim nubs.

If Ness flips anything but red, I most certainly want kirby or dolby to be looked into tonight.

@Dad thoughts on Evan's crack?

Anyway, the only acceptable lynches imo are Evan and Ness. When I now have more time and I really don't know what to make of it, but it reminds me a bit of the crack that occurred in Overwatch mafia, though Evan faced significantly greater pressure then. I remain unconvinced with the fact that he brought up claiming. Overall, I'm more sus of Ness's absence of reasons to vote for me, his short posting. But again, I'm going to come to a decision in a few hours time about the two

Okay I’m back.

I don’t like Fireninja’s approach in this game. At all. He’s being a really unhelpful and confusing """"""contributor."""""" Still after looking back at his posts and his mogyay pressure, I KIND OF see what he was trying to do? He’s still being a bit rude and pretentious but it can slide for now. Not everyone has 24/7 to play mafia and if you’re trying to reaction test someone, please try to not be so rude and combative about it.

Ness and I seem to be in a situation where we’re waiting for the other to flinch and claim first. Unless you all start mass voting me, I see no reason to claim. That was an overreaction on my part but we can’t let Ness get away with the exact same behavior, either, or else you’re being hypocritical. (At least Dolby and dad have caught on to that)

It’s a shame I cracked like that and the game is in the state it is, but the show must go on. My suggestion is that we all post only when we have a substantive thought to contribute. Even though I like being casual and ****posting dank memes I’ll do my part and refrain from now on. Unless it’s interspersed in a post with serious content ;)

If you scumread me for my uncouth behavior, that’s totally understandable, but if you mass vote me I’ll have to claim at that point. I'll be switching to Ness since I feel his reasoning has been pretty piss-poor and I probably can't and won't trust a Ness claim anyway.

i dont trust a Ness claim simply for the fact that it might be a lie (i.e. claimed vig but actually SK) :) and really Ness was the one encouraging your lynch...only when you reacted, there was suss on you but at this point you are reading town...Something's up between you and Ness...can't pinpoint it out

I'm fine with a Dolby/Ness.

It's 50/50 for me and I feel as though a Dolby lynch will provide answers for my read on Ness and the situation with Dad but I think a Ness lynch is good because he is just so scummy for his recent actions.

amazon last few posts kinda makes me want to rethink reading him as town.

@Dad what mafia game are you looking at that showed me I was mafia?

Going to post a reads list with all the players. Hope to have it by EOD.

My potential scum list so far: Dolby vs. Dan, Evan vs. Ness, Oliver, Kirby vs. Fire, Mogyay

- - - Post Merge - - -

one of them is definitely scum i think lol

@Dad thoughts on Evan's crack?

I was going to just say I read it as him getting heated with Ness and wanting to sacrifice everything to prove a point against him but he just posted under your post I'm quoting here with an XXXL apology for 'cracking' (the crack is the claim right?) and it's really desperate and a huge mood switch from him yesterday. It shows a lack of confidence when his posting yesterday showed me plenty. It's wacky and takes my townlean points away from him a bit but it doesn't compare to the scumlean points Ness has accumulated. If anything Evan's crack is an emotional one and really the only thing I don't like about it is that he's promising to do his part and post less ****posts which is where that desperation I see is coming from. So long as a person has contributed good reads and continue to question people's responses and whatnot, why should we care if they also ****post here and there?

I was going to just say I read it as him getting heated with Ness and wanting to sacrifice everything to prove a point against him but he just posted under your post I'm quoting here with an XXXL apology for 'cracking' (the crack is the claim right?) and it's really desperate and a huge mood switch from him yesterday. It shows a lack of confidence when his posting yesterday showed me plenty. It's wacky and takes my townlean points away from him a bit but it doesn't compare to the scumlean points Ness has accumulated. If anything Evan's crack is an emotional one and really the only thing I don't like about it is that he's promising to do his part and post less ****posts which is where that desperation I see is coming from. So long as a person has contributed good reads and continue to question people's responses and whatnot, why should we care if they also ****post here and there?

Well I wasn't triggered by an unhelpful player yesterday either, and I'm pretty damn confident ness is scum still.

The reason I said that was because players like Zendel, Heyden, and Dolby have made several posts now demanding we keep the post volume down. I don't like the tone of those posts (namely, they're asking for us to analyze and contribute LESS...kind of sketch), but it's also understandable, I don't want to have to sift through 300 posts when I wake up in the morning. (It's usually more like 60-90 but you get the idea.) I've also been super casual and ****posting a lot this game, and so since it seems like it makes some people mad, I was promising to cut back.

Evan has moved from a slight town lean to null after the recent posts, I don't know how I feel about them right now so I'll look into them and share my thoughts if anything has changed.

amazon last few posts kinda makes me want to rethink reading him as town.

@Dad what mafia game are you looking at that showed me I was mafia?

why jump onto the evan bandwagon? I can't shake the feeling that you're following someone here, may that be Ness or Dolby.

Not sure what you mean by your @ message at me, not looking at any previous games when it comes to calling you ingenuine, I'm looking at this one.

Back