• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate.

So I heard there might be DLC coming out on March 12th or something? Hopefully so.
Praying for any of the collab DLC, Dante Kitty would be so prime omg.

Although I'm surprised Powersaves doesn't have any of the items you can only get from the DLC yet, I'm not sad that they don't, just surprised.

Last edited:
You'll be able to get the mario/luigi cat armor and DK hammer later - the pack was just a perk to get it early (which helps coz they armors have good defense and the hammer has good attack)

They're releasing a quest where you hunt cogalala and emerald congalala who have "super mushrooms" and grow to king size after a set period of time. Completing the event quest earns you a super mushroom item as a reward, which you can use to make the mario/luigi/DK stuff, you've just gotta wait for them to release it and you'll be able to forge them again :)
as i said, the DLC was just a one off perk for people to get it early, you'll be able to get it again dw

Ahhh, I had heard that they weren't exclusive to the current gift. It's good to know that I haven't lost the ability to get them because of a silly mistake. :)

I don't find aiming the Bow to be too stressful by using the D-Pad, however I actually struggle using the C-Stick on my New 3DS rip

Also I finished the Main story from Dundorma, the music on the credits was ever so beautiful.

Hmm, I probably just need more practice. The bow looks super cool and has potential to be very powerful, but it'll take me a while to be able to feel confident with it.

Hmm, I probably just need more practice. The bow looks super cool and has potential to be very powerful, but it'll take me a while to be able to feel confident with it.
I'd suggest doing so, I really do love the Bow but the Light Bowgun has taken my heart :)
Otherwise I did use a Bow for most of my gameplay, I prefer the "Power Shot" skill on bows though :>

Also if you ever need help with Online quests, lemme know!

So I heard there might be DLC coming out on March 12th or something? Hopefully so.
Praying for any of the collab DLC, Dante Kitty would be so prime omg.

I think it'll be the sonic DLC.
that was supposed to be day 1 launch DLC, but for some reason it didn't come out with the launch. So if anything,min expect that to be the first DLC.

yo, if anyones got a kirin guild quest registered, could you please hit me up and give it to me?
i dont really have anything of interest in return, best thing i've got is a level 58 shagaru magala guild quest if anyone wants that?

yo, if anyones got a kirin guild quest registered, could you please hit me up and give it to me?
i dont really have anything of interest in return, best thing i've got is a level 58 shagaru magala guild quest if anyone wants that?

I'd help but I'm completely lost in the game and don't know what to do :I

Does nobody know how to craft higher tiers of the "Guild Bard" armor? because I'm having alot of trouble doing so, I have no idea what I need to craft the S and X versions, I only know how to craft the regular rarity 4 set.

Not even GameFAQs are helping, geez

I think it'll be the sonic DLC.
that was supposed to be day 1 launch DLC, but for some reason it didn't come out with the launch. So if anything,min expect that to be the first DLC.
Well the Sonic DLC would be very fitting for my main Palico considering his coat is blue and all.

but geez, I'm really hoping for the Zelda quest too!! I'd literally make a 3rd save and do a "Link" run on it.

Last edited:
Does nobody know how to craft higher tiers of the "Guild Bard" armor? because I'm having alot of trouble doing so, I have no idea what I need to craft the S and X versions, I only know how to craft the regular rarity 4 set.

Not even GameFAQs are helping, geez

Well the Sonic DLC would be very fitting for my main Palico considering his coat is blue and all.

but geez, I'm really hoping for the Zelda quest too!! I'd literally make a 3rd save and do a "Link" run on it.

to get the S and X sets i'd assume you'd need to unlock them from hitting G-rank and then doing the quest that unlockd them

and yea, I would have guessed the Zelda would have been the first DLC, too - but last I knew, they were set to release Sonic. That could change tho idk

True true, I'm only G1 so I aint gonna expect too much yet, otherwise someone on GameFAQs said they don't exist?? I'm sure I saw em somewhere on a video, idk, I'd also like to learn to make the Hawk Armor sets.

Otherwise I'm diggin' the Guild Knight for now.

Also yeh, I hope whatever DLC it is that it'd be worth waiting for.

Anyone else use dual swords? I've been loving them so far except for the Chainsaw Blades I forged. Once they quickly drop from that green zone I have to sharpen them immediately because a lot of my hits are reflected back on large monsters.

Dual Blades used to be my main weapon back in MH3U, before I decided to go Hunting Horn in MH4U (mostly because I wanted to try something new - not because Dual Blades are bad) - I still have a Dual Blades weapon set ready to use whenever I feel like going back. (Basically, my "backup" weapon in case my Hunting Horn endeavors aren't going too well ;D)

Really loving that new dash combo you get while in Archdemon Mode now, though. And the new damage bonus in Archdemon Mode is pretty sweet too - even if it came at the cost of some of Demon Mode's damage bonus.

It does seem like for every nerf Dual Blades got in MH4U.. it got a buff somewhere else. The blades definitely require you to get into the fight and keep your Demon Gauge up now - Staying in Demon or Archdemon mode is a top priority, I'd say. ;D

I decided to keep my character as a bowgunner. Trying to juggle blademaster and gunner armour sets is just not something I'm up for. Plus, bowgunning is just fun as heck. And I'm good at it if I do say so myself. I started way past the learning curve thanks to my time bowgunning in MH Tri.

I might make a second character to try my hand at some of the blademaster weapons. Particularly hunting horn, I really like the whole idea of it. I don't like it as much solo, though. (I also had a lot of trouble with my hits reflecting off large monsters at max sharpness?). I prefer my ranged weapons. ;;

Last edited:
I decided to keep my character as a bowgunner. Trying to juggle blademaster and gunner armour sets is just not something I'm up for. Plus, bowgunning is just fun as heck. And I'm good at it if I do say so myself. I started way past the learning curve thanks to my time bowgunning in MH Tri.

I might make a second character to try my hand at some of the blademaster weapons. Particularly hunting horn, I really like the whole idea of it. I don't like it as much solo, though. (I also had a lot of trouble with my hits reflecting off large monsters at max sharpness?). I prefer my ranged weapons. ;;

yea, on my second file in 3U i started bowgunning, but on my main file i kept it to bladesmaster because i was too lazy to make gunner **** (even tho I probs could have coz i had like 923942394732 resources and 42834238492 zenny but w/e)

but in 4U i've done both so far - armor wasn't really an issue because you can literally fly through low rank with only the velocidrome and tetsu armor, so i just made both sets for gunner and blade.
i haven't really gunned anything yet. I've done gravios and basarios because they're stupidly easy with bowguns, and i did two or three rathians online (p much my bowgun kill count is at like 10, where my SA and CB are both at 100+ so yea LOL)

as for the bouncing thing, just try to think of it as an irl animal. some parts are heavily soft and flabby (idk like your butt and stomach), whilst others are really bony (knee?) - basically the monster doesn't have a uniform body type, your attacks may bounce off a certain part of a monster, despite having max sharpness, just because that part is more heavily armored than others, you've just got to find the parts where your attacks wont bounce

yea, on my second file in 3U i started bowgunning, but on my main file i kept it to bladesmaster because i was too lazy to make gunner **** (even tho I probs could have coz i had like 923942394732 resources and 42834238492 zenny but w/e)

but in 4U i've done both so far - armor wasn't really an issue because you can literally fly through low rank with only the velocidrome and tetsu armor, so i just made both sets for gunner and blade.
i haven't really gunned anything yet. I've done gravios and basarios because they're stupidly easy with bowguns, and i did two or three rathians online (p much my bowgun kill count is at like 10, where my SA and CB are both at 100+ so yea LOL)

as for the bouncing thing, just try to think of it as an irl animal. some parts are heavily soft and flabby (idk like your butt and stomach), whilst others are really bony (knee?) - basically the monster doesn't have a uniform body type, your attacks may bounce off a certain part of a monster, despite having max sharpness, just because that part is more heavily armored than others, you've just got to find the parts where your attacks wont bounce

A lot of the time I just get real lazy and buy all my ammo lol (usually when they're half price), but yeah, just farm/multiply constantly and keep all those insect husks and you'll be good. I'll normally buy all my pierce/pellet and sometimes normal ammo and then make most of the rest. It takes twice as long for a bowgunner to get ready for each hunt, so when people in gathering halls rush me I'm just at the item box like "hey. shh. don't."

When I started in the MH franchise, I mostly used blades, usually sword and shield or long sword. I think I was having trouble because the hunting horn's main (x) attack hits quite high. And/or maybe I'm just not as in tune with what parts are heavily armoured as I used to be.

When I started in the MH franchise, I mostly used blades, usually sword and shield or long sword. I think I was having trouble because the hunting horn's main (x) attack hits quite high. And/or maybe I'm just not as in tune with what parts are heavily armoured as I used to be.

hunting horn gives impact damage so you shouldn't really be aiming for anything other than the head (and 99% of the time you dont bounce when using impact weapons on the head) when using it anyway

MH4-Palico_Equipment_Render_013.png

I want that palico armor now :E

After switching from. The insect glaive then to the horn I'm finally fine with the dual blades. Made me a jaggid one last night

A lot of the time I just get real lazy and buy all my ammo lol (usually when they're half price), but yeah, just farm/multiply constantly and keep all those insect husks and you'll be good. I'll normally buy all my pierce/pellet and sometimes normal ammo and then make most of the rest. It takes twice as long for a bowgunner to get ready for each hunt, so when people in gathering halls rush me I'm just at the item box like "hey. shh. don't."

With Monster Hunter 3U I used a light bowgun as my main weapon. I used it like 95% of the time, sword and shield the rest.

I was just as lazy with ammo xD Straight down to the shop and spend all my rewards from the last quest on ammo. It was only when I was around half way through the online quests that I actually started making reasonable amounts of cash after buying ammo. I was essentially only using the Sword and Shield when I needed cash to upgrade my gunner stuff (so I didn't waste my hunt money on ammo).
I could have got my own but, no, just no. That would have been way too much repetitive grinding just to use a weapon I like.

I've mostly gone Charge Blade with 4U but I've tried to keep with the bow gun as well but honestly, it seems much more viable to buy your ammo now. They pretty much just throw cash at you in this game.

Back