• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate.

Ah right, so when you (or I) make the Gathering hall, you'll join me/I'll join you by "friends"? right? never had a buddy join me before so yeh.

I'll add you too then!

Sure, I haven't done it via buddies before either, I'm sure it's simple enough though. Ready to join whenever.

Last edited:
Alright, I'll make my Gathering Hall in a few minutes and wait for you, then you should make one so other people can get other quests at your level.

It's up if you wanna come by now.

Last edited:
How much space does MH4U take up if you get it digitally? I have like 40000 and not sure if it's enough. Also I read there's some crossovers like AC, sonic, and Link? Are those out yet or are they DLC's?

How much space does MH4U take up if you get it digitally? I have like 40000 and not sure if it's enough. Also I read there's some crossovers like AC, sonic, and Link? Are those out yet or are they DLC's?
They're DLC, they aren't out yet shamefully.

Not sure if they're free or paid just yet.

The DLC is going to be free.
It was free DLC in Japan, so it will be free here. There is paid DLC, but I think that's just for weapon/armor/item packs for peolple who are too lazy to farm, and that isn't even out in Japan yet.

This completely defeats the purpose of the game. I don't know why you'd do this.

I mean, idk if that's what it's going to be, but I remember someone mined the game data and they reasoned and provided enough evidence to show that's what it would be.

I could be totally wrong, I'll try find it.

Uggggh, whenever I make gathering halls for quests other than the urgent ones, I barely get any people!!

Like, I need the 4 quests that level you up to HR 6 lmao and nobody even joins.

just bought it digitally with the help of 2 Eshop cards and a credit card. Getting ready to spend 10 million hours of my life. At least I get a free theme

It'll be 10 million hours well spent :>

Ugggh, Just trying to atleast get to HR 7 today, getting to 8 would be so lovely.

It'll be 10 million hours well spent :>

It's actually really fast. Already at 30% and 30 minutes have passed. The only thing I'm wondering about is how do you get the theme? I clicked download later after download now and it said the theme code was redeemed

Been sitting in my hall for half an hour waiting for people to help me with my urgent quest to get to level 8.

Nobody has even came and left due to the quest lmao.

Nvm a person with 55 HR joined lmao

Last edited:
Been sitting in my hall for half an hour waiting for people to help me with my urgent quest to get to level 8.

Nobody has even came and left due to the quest lmao.

Nvm a person with 55 HR joined lmao
what's the urgent for HR8?
if it's dalamadur (i probs spelled that wrong) i know a lot of people have been having trouble with it and tend to avoid it

what's the urgent for HR8?
if it's dalamadur (i probs spelled that wrong) i know a lot of people have been having trouble with it and tend to avoid it
Yeah it was Dalamadur, while it was a very hard boss, it was so fun doing, just gotta do the next urgent quest then I should be able to do the G-Rank stuff.

Uggggh, I'm itching to get those DLC quests and stuff to come out soon, need me some of those DLC armors yooooo

I fiiiiinally got my copy the other day. I made my character, explored a bit, downloaded the gift package, decided I didn't like my character name, and made a new one. I didn't even use a different save file, I just overwrote the first one with the new save file. Turns out gift package can't be redownloaded, as I should have figured in the first place. ;w; I'm such a dork. Ah well, there will be more cool palico armours in the future. I like being able to see my palico and not just his armour anyway. I named him Muta, after my fave kitty in The Cat Returns.

I've actually been liking the offline "story", at least a lot more than what was in MH Tri. It definitely still feels like the production of the story came second to the actual gameplay/monsters, which is how it should be, but it at least is more engaging and entertaining than the Moga village "story". I played offline until I reached the second village today, and figured I'd need to get some way better armour before fighting the Tetsucabra, so decided to start the online play. And I'm really impressed with the online functionality. I've experienced pretty much no lag at all. No lag. On a 3DS online game. Imagine.

I was a light bowgunner in MH Tri, and I still really like bowgunning, but I've also taken a liking to the hunting horn. It sucks being undecided between a gunner or a blademaster weapon. Armour issues. Time to get two of everything.

Has anyone had success with a bow? I did the tutorial quest for it, but I don't have a N3DS or a circle pad pro attachment, and I think aiming is really horrible without better camera movement.

I fiiiiinally got my copy the other day. I made my character, explored a bit, downloaded the gift package, decided I didn't like my character name, and made a new one. I didn't even use a different save file, I just overwrote the first one with the new save file. Turns out gift package can't be redownloaded, as I should have figured in the first place. ;w; I'm such a dork. Ah well, there will be more cool palico armours in the future. I like being able to see my palico and not just his armour anyway. I named him Muta, after my fave kitty in The Cat Returns.
You'll be able to get the mario/luigi cat armor and DK hammer later - the pack was just a perk to get it early (which helps coz they armors have good defense and the hammer has good attack)

They're releasing a quest where you hunt cogalala and emerald congalala who have "super mushrooms" and grow to king size after a set period of time. Completing the event quest earns you a super mushroom item as a reward, which you can use to make the mario/luigi/DK stuff, you've just gotta wait for them to release it and you'll be able to forge them again :)
as i said, the DLC was just a one off perk for people to get it early, you'll be able to get it again dw

Has anyone had success with a bow? I did the tutorial quest for it, but I don't have a N3DS or a circle pad pro attachment, and I think aiming is really horrible without better camera movement.
I don't find aiming the Bow to be too stressful by using the D-Pad, however I actually struggle using the C-Stick on my New 3DS rip

Also I finished the Main story from Dundorma, the music on the credits was ever so beautiful.

Last edited:
Back