• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Cranky villager tier list

My time has come. (seriously though crankies are my favs)

my-image.png

animal-crossing-new-horizons-cranky-villagers-305259-1602926670.png

I like the crankies in terms of how they act and speak but a lot of the designs are just not so good in my opinion.

I've never had Butch, but if I ever get him he may bump up to an S tier! I also like Avery a lot despite never having had him. Obviously I am... a big fan of the wolves... to say the least haha. Wolfgang will always be my favorite, but I currently have Chief and he's so pretty. There are a ton of cranky villagers though who I don't want to touch with a ten foot pole
my-image-2.png

Crankies are by FAR my favorites! can you tell? heheh. I wish they hadn't mellowed them down as much as they did though, for New Horizons. They often seem just old, more than actually cranky. These guys used to be ******** and that's why I loved them! XD

my-image(5).png

my-image (5).png

Damn I really thought my favorite personality is cranky. I mean it is, but I guess I'm picky lol

my-image (4).png

there are so many ugly crankies. so... many...
All D tiers are Horrible, especially Rizzo and the green goat who I don't even want to know the name of. Gross. Who decided Limberg should have a 5 o' clock shadow? WHY do they look the way they do? Please cease existing. Thank you.

There are a lot of cranky wolves, which is cool. My current cranky is Chief who I love, I wouldn't mind having Bruce or Fang either. Camofrog is a great villager, too. I have had Apollo multiple times throughout the years and I really liked him in my first town ever but I wouldn't want him on my current island.
Also, Monty is vastly underrated. I had him in my first New Leaf town and at first wanted to get rid of him but then he grew on me. When he decided to move out I decided to get another monkey, a species I had avoided until then, to fill the monkey void...

I love tier lists, and I love cranky villagers, so I'm resurrecting this thread. Also, Frett and Marlo were missing, as this tier list, like the others, was made before the 2021 update, so I added them in.

T-Bone is not only my favorite cranky villager, but he's also my very favorite villager ever! 🩵

my-image(5).png

1713287366080.png

Another personality I am not a fan of. I don’t like the low voice, and the personality just being ‘old’ is not my fave, though it has grown on me.

On the other hand I love a lot of the designs of the cranky villagers; they have so much range.

S, A, and B really are not so far apart and if I had a cranky villager on my island more often I could see having a lot more faves. Most of the time I don’t have one though, to make room for my 3 peppies and 3 normals 😅.

My favorite who I have had on my island is Ike, a very unexpected favorite, but he was just such a big cuddly bear and I loved him. I really like all the bear crannies except Chow, who scares me.

C I just don’t really have strong opinions on.

The bottom tier is basically mostly ‘rub me the wrong way and I don’t want to see their faces’ but a couple just look a bit too mean in the wrong way.

Is the takeaway that maybe I should give more cranky boys a chance? 🤷🏻‍♀️

Already posted mine in a different thread, but may as well post it here...

Crankies.png

As much as I wanted to put some of the other wolves in the top tier with Wolfgang, I forced myself to pick only one. I may post an updated version as I'm now beginning to realize that this looks somewhat outdated.

I think this is actually pretty solid. Dobie is really the ultimate cranky. However, Murphy is in my personal S tier. I LOVE him! I’ll still rank in terms of who I think is a great cranky overall though.

Edit: I now realize I think there are a lot of great cranky villagers. Sorry 😂

View attachment 262787
Its so good to finally see someone else that ranks Spike high. I love Spike and Cesar. I never see many people ranking them very high.

Back